Skip navigation

fed up people leaving forum

Back to the top

fed up people leaving forum

perhaps its just because theres more members you see the people bitching more i dont know pretty sick of it

i used to bite my tongue and say nothing but its hard now when you know they will just keep at it

Back to the top
Maybe we need an instant chat section 'My Golf?!' :roll:  :lol:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

bens_cab said

just going back to people posting in the parts for sale section the link below is just one instance of what happens but doesnt get sorted by a mod most other forums would delete the un helpful posts

all this guy is doing is trying to get back what he paid

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=42798

There is a guideline not to post in the classifieds area unless you 1) personally know the item/car for sale and can add useful comment on its condition or 2) are genuinely interested in trading. However, this has slipped and slipped, in fact its more a case that mods can't be too heavy handed with deleting anyone's posts, since a few 'vocal' members will simply post again and again in separate sections, and generally make a massive song & dance about how their being oppressed by some cruel regime.

In that instance, there's an element of truth about the pricing of 20vT engine mounts, I could ask if he can make them for ?25 why he's not set up his own mini-production line and rolling them out! But I think the intelligent reader will already know this and would place their interest at their chosen price level, by PM, accordingly.

CGTI allows only one post into its classifieds area (no replies to posts) so everything is done by PM. Scirocco Register disallows any type of commercial advertising and also requires price and location (also extending, to removing 1 liner links to eBay, etc). Others (Edition 38? VZi) allow free discussion of any items in classifieds. So there's more than one way to skin a cat (metaphorically), our site takes a middle ground, and there's scope to further increase the quality of the classifieds area (but probably also reduce the quantity of ads).

Back to the top

bens_cab said

i used to bite my tongue and say nothing but its hard now when you know they will just keep at it

Sometimes we (the mods) have found if it's not worthy of/necessary to mod, simply ignore the poster - if they get no reaction, people will often give up

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Back to the top

bens_cab said

catch up paul your a bit slow tonight  :lol:  :lol:
" Its all gone quiet over there ,oh Its all gone quiet over there"

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top

A5OPY said

bens_cab said

"he is singing ever more evermore"

Back to the top
What's going on?

Has this become a thread for people to slag off the forum???

I know i'm not a very credible member of this forum an' all that but I just want to voice my thoughts;

I've noticed somethin'.. the users complaining about bullies and bad vibes etc. have been the instigators of arguments in recent threads. Now this is just my thought, I reckon' it's gone really silly recently. People have got this idea that the forum has turned un-friendly into their heads and are starting to believe it. They are looking for disagreements in threads and highlighting them, causing more arguments.

Im sure if people just forget about this 'bad vibe' it will blow over, I haven't noticed anythin' major, just a few members gettin abit argumentative that's all.

'83 1.5 Gx (picture coming soon)

Back to the top

A5OPY said

A5OPY said

bens_cab said

:lol:

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

A5OPY said

A5OPY said

bens_cab said

I'm keeping things on topic, see post above addressing many facets of concerns raised re: classifieds area.

Back to the top

paul_c said

bens_cab said

just going back to people posting in the parts for sale section the link below is just one instance of what happens but doesnt get sorted by a mod most other forums would delete the un helpful posts

There is a guideline not to post in the classifieds area unless you 1) personally know the item/car for sale and can add useful comment on its condition or 2) are genuinely interested in trading. However, this has slipped and slipped, in fact its more a case that mods can't be too heavy handed with deleting anyone's posts, since a few 'vocal' members will simply post again and again in separate sections, and generally make a massive song & dance about how their being oppressed by some cruel regime.

In that instance, there's an element of truth about the pricing of 20vT engine mounts, I could ask if he can make them for ?25 why he's not set up his own mini-production line and rolling them out! But I think the intelligent reader will already know this and would place their interest at their chosen price level, by PM, accordingly.

CGTI allows only one post into its classifieds area (no replies to posts) so everything is done by PM. Scirocco Register disallows any type of commercial advertising and also requires price and location (also extending, to removing 1 liner links to eBay, etc). Others (Edition 38? VZi) allow free discussion of any items in classifieds. So there's more than one way to skin a cat (metaphorically), our site takes a middle ground, and there's scope to further increase the quality of the classifieds area (but probably also reduce the quantity of ads).

its not the point that they may be over priced ect its the point that he wants that amount

im not going to say to you that your golf is only worth ?500 when its advertised for ?1000 your the seller its your choice to price them

doesnt need anyone saying they canmake em for ?25 how does that help his sale?

Back to the top
It's no good, I'm off to bed - sweet dreams chaps!! :lol:

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

paul_c said

A5OPY said

A5OPY said

bens_cab said

I'm keeping things on topic, see post above addressing many facets of concerns raised re: classifieds area.
I know was just trying to lighten it a bit which did work, sorry will now put my serious head on.

Back to the top
ben just drop it mate eh?

'83 1.5 Gx (picture coming soon)

Back to the top
night night :lol:  :lol:

this thread is more a case of seeing where things can be improved afaiks

everyone has an opinion on here im just showing mine

Back to the top

bens_cab said

paul_c said

bens_cab said

its not the point that they may be over priced ect its the point that he wants that amount

im not going to say to you that your golf is only worth ?500 when its advertised for ?1000 your the seller its your choice to price them

doesnt need anyone saying they canmake em for ?25 how does that help his sale?

In that instance no, there is no value in his post.

Back to the top
sorry got carried away ill shut up now :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
The classified section seems to be causing the most problems on here
I think communication should be done through PMs to avoid some of the negative stuff that has been said by both seller and potential buyers. could solve some of these issues.

Back to the top

A5OPY said

The classified section seems to be causing the most problems on here
I think communication should be done through PMs to avoid some of the negative stuff that has been said by both seller and potential buyers. could solve some of these issues.

:lol: maybe worth trying for a week :dontknow:

Back to the top
theres been 2 pages since i got online whats going on :banghead:

83 BBS MK1 GTI 69 T2 PANEL VAN i am back let the trouble begin :)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.