Skip navigation

fed up people leaving forum

Back to the top

fed up people leaving forum

sorry to run in the heat of things..

Beds calling, early start for me tomorrow, up north to spend a few days with my dad..

I'll be back on soon as i can, hope this thread doesnt get out of hand or locked or moved by then

Roll on the AGM

Back to the top
then perhaps dubboy would like to air his views on the whole thing ie the he chooses mods ?

ive only been a member since jan but have been a user since 2005 which stopped me from becoming a mod the fact im on here every day doesnt matter

there was a thread asking for people to apply and people with more than 3 votes would be elected which was fair then dubboy names 3 new mods without taking into account the voting i know it was to do with membership ect but wasnt the correct way to do things in my eyes

it seemed like a case of dubboy choosing who he wanted not the members?

Back to the top

bens_cab said

funny this thread only members are posting ?? apart from the odd one like novocaine who really should join  :lol:

do you think peeps are scared of these threads?

No I just can't type that fast :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top

bens_cab said

then perhaps dubboy would like to air his views on the whole thing ie the he chooses mods ?

ive only been a member since jan but have been a user since 2005 which stopped me from becoming a mod the fact im on here every day doesnt matter

there was a thread asking for people to apply and people with more than 3 votes would be elected which was fair then dubboy names 3 new mods without taking into account the voting i know it was to do with membership ect but wasnt the correct way to do things in my eyes

you n me both mate..

Back to the top
:lol:  :lol: your still a memebr tho

i blame ant 5 for arrangingthe AGM on my wedding day or id be there how dare he very much :wink:

Back to the top

bens_cab said

That wasn't the case, no. I seem to recall it wasn't much different to previous times that we've added to the mod team - we post up asking for volunteers and ultimately the committee and mod team all got a say in accepting the volunteers.

If I remember correctly, all people who volunteered and were eligible to be a moderator were taken on

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

bens_cab said

That wasn't the case, no. I seem to recall it wasn't much different to previous times that we've added to the mod team - we post up asking for volunteers and ultimately the committee and mod team all got a say in accepting the volunteers.

If I remember correctly, all people who volunteered and were eligible to be a moderator were taken on

didnt seem that way at the time dont get me wrong i think the people chosen were the right people just got annoyed at how it was done

Back to the top
I think there was some confusion about what was being done but hopefully that's behind us all now! It has always been a group decision though and always meant to be a relaxed affair!  :wink:

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

bens_cab said

Ive only been a member since jan but have been a user since 2005 which stopped me from becoming a mod the fact im on here every day doesnt matter

I think I remember saying basically this on the members forum when we where looking for mods

Im on this site almost every night and try to attend as many meets as I can and this is my 2nd year as a member even though i will be attending the AGM this year i feel that some positions should be decided online and not at the AGM as this disenfranchises people who live to far to travel ie Scotland Ireland And overseas they have paid there money just the same as me and should have just as equal a say on how this club is managed.
AT the AGM we could put names and nominations forward  for a vote online, put a time limit on it say 3 weeks after AGM for folk to vote then appoint positions, just a suggestion thats all.

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
just going back to people posting in the parts for sale section the link below is just one instance of what happens but doesnt get sorted by a mod most other forums would delete the un helpful posts

all this guy is doing is trying to get back what he paid

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=42798

Back to the top

A5OPY said

bens_cab said

Ive only been a member since jan but have been a user since 2005 which stopped me from becoming a mod the fact im on here every day doesnt matter

I think I remember saying basically this on the members forum when we where looking for mods

Im on this site almost every night and try to attend as many meets as I can and this is my 2nd year as a member even though i will be attending the AGM this year i feel that some positions should be decided online and not at the AGM as this disenfranchises people who live to far to travel ie Scotland Ireland And overseas they have paid there money just the same as me and should have just as equal a say on how this club is managed.
AT the AGM we could put names and nominations forward  for a vote online, put a time limit on it say 3 weeks after AGM for folk to vote then appoint positions, just a suggestion thats all.

i agree with that well said

perhaps it wasnt as bad as i remeber it to be just remeber thinking what a keystones cop moment goal posts moving ect

Back to the top
You're right, some posts do and will get missed - gone are the days when any mod can come on site and read all posts after not being on line for a few days - there's just too many now 8O

There's been discussion about having mods for specific sections before, which could sort this issue, but we decided not to go this route for now as if a mod of a certain section isn't about much, there could be no modding at all in areas of the forum.

It's a shame, but you'd like to think it should come back to common courtesy and people not digging/bitching when there's no point/benefit :roll:

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Blimey, this thread is like being on MSN or something it's moving so fast :lol:  (Am I showing my age now? Should I be saying 'My Face' instead of MSN?!! :wink: )

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

Blimey, this thread is like being on MSN or something it's moving so fast :lol:  (Am I showing my age now? Should I be saying 'My Face' instead of MSN?!! :wink: )
im not to sure I want to post on your face :lol:

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

You're right, some posts do and will get missed - gone are the days when any mod can come on site and read all posts after not being on line for a few days - there's just too many now 8O

There's been discussion about having mods for specific sections before, which could sort this issue, but we decided not to go this route for now as if a mod of a certain section isn't about much, there could be no modding at all in areas of the forum.

It's a shame, but you'd like to think it should come back to common courtesy and people not digging/bitching when there's no point/benefit :roll:

yeah i just feel sorry for people trying to sell things and getting slated over the price i had the same thing today on e38 but this was rectified by a mod within 20 minutes

guess you cant stop people posting rubbish its a forum open to all so there will be a fair amount going on

my only concern was the amount of mods that actually do read posts everyday

Back to the top

A5OPY said

Hairyarse said

im not to sure I want to post on your face :lol:

…or spacebook then! :lol:

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

its moving fast because some of us enjoy the club and dont want the forum side of it to go tits up due to the minority  :wink:

Back to the top

bens_cab said

Hairyarse said

its moving fast because some of us enjoy the club and dont want the forum side of it to go tits up due to the minority  :wink:
correct my friend.

Back to the top
…with you there Ben - I don't think it will though given it's a minority

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
catch up paul your a bit slow tonight  :lol:  :lol:

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.