ew
GAMMYGOLFGTI
Hairyarse
jennybugs ????????????
markwon ???????????????
paul c
PhilTMK1GTI
Ross?????????????????

out of 21 mods theres 9 that you will rarely see if at all that being the case why isnt this a priority if the mods are always busy???

The committee page was recently updated to reflect the 100% accurate list of mods:

ant5
Bert
ChrisB
chudd
crazyquiff
Dano
Dougelove
Dubpartz
drew
dubboy
Early-1800
ew
GAMMYGOLFGTI
Hairyarse
markwon
paul_c
PhillTMk1GTI
Ross

Back to the top
please dont move this into club business it's interesting to read peoples veiws on the latest group of members (and non members) and the keyboard warrior antics ( i dont like that name) i have to agree that of late some peoples veiws on others has become very negitive. i'm sure i have been part of this more than once unintenditional.

i have no power on here and dont intend to get any but dont like seeing newbies come on once then leave. i can only assue that alot of these have left after reading peoples posts slating others and there cars. i don't like posting pics of my car at present because of this and im sure others have felt the same at some point.

Back to the top

bens_cab said

wooders would make a good mod i think :lol:

mk1oc's version of the A Teams Murdoch……. and give him the password to become GOD on the site…….that's scary   8O

:mrgreen:  :wink:

Back to the top

paul_c said

bens_cab said

ant5
Bert
ChrisB ?????????????
chudd
crazyquiff
Dano
debs ??????????????
Dougelove?????????????
drew ?????????????
dubboy
dubgrrl ?????????????
DubPartz ????????????
Early-1800
ew
GAMMYGOLFGTI
Hairyarse
jennybugs ????????????
markwon ???????????????
paul c
PhilTMK1GTI
Ross?????????????????

out of 21 mods theres 9 that you will rarely see if at all that being the case why isnt this a priority if the mods are always busy???

The committee page was recently updated to reflect the 100% accurate list of mods:

ant5
Bert
ChrisB????????
chudd
crazyquiff
Dano???????????
Dougelove??????????
Dubpartz???????????
drew??????????
dubboy
Early-1800
ew
GAMMYGOLFGTI
Hairyarse
markwon????????
paul_c
PhillTMk1GTI
Ross???????????

that makes it look even worse half them dont seem to come on here much do they?

Back to the top
My point of view is that this forum is large enough to pretty much get a full cross section of society - from people you like to people you don't like.  In life I tend to ignore the people I don't like and spend more time with the people I do.  Occasionally you have to tell people how it is if you are not happy.

All the above applies here - when it was the Campaign register I'd read every post and we pretty much knew every regular poster - hence only having to moderate one post!  It was good then but it's great now - yes we have to moderate more, but the energy focused on the Mk1 Golf specifically is second to none in my view.

For myself I ignore the drivel and focus on the value content.

I really don't mind people asking any question - even if it is a thousand times - yes there's a FAQ, so no harm in pointing them at it or the search function - we were all newbies at one time!!

On the negativity thing - there are a minority that feel they need to dig at people who make small mistakes/errors etc - one of the reasons we made the Cars for Sale members only due to the rubbish and sniping that went on.  I remember a thread on the red S1 I now own some time ago - probably over a year ago? the seller got a full on attack from a few people - he's a nice guy with nothing to hide - In a way i'm glad he got a load of flak cos I now own a great S1 Gti! - So times don't really change and we need to deal with the rough and smooth.

On the committee front - the AGM is soon - if you want to make a difference then go along and be heard. Votes count.

Enough - off to bed….

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top

novocaine said

please dont move this into club business it's interesting to read peoples veiws on the latest group of members (and non members) and the keyboard warrior antics ( i dont like that name) i have to agree that of late some peoples veiws on others has become very negitive. i'm sure i have been part of this more than once unintenditional.

i have no power on here and dont intend to get any but dont like seeing newbies come on once then leave. i can only assue that alot of these have left after reading peoples posts slating others and there cars. i don't like posting pics of my car at present because of this and im sure others have felt the same at some point.

look at the abuse i got then i was followed to another forum and had my car slated tehere :banghead:

Back to the top

novocaine said

I think we should start a new thread…

Its my car, i love it, it may not be perfect but here it is…
slate it and you'll be wearing my………

then all put up our pics and if anyone slates it, kick em off….

But well said mate, and i agree dont move it into club business…

Back to the top

crazyquiff said

Enough - off to bed….

Night night

Back to the top
:|  8O

Come to the next AGM

:)

Back to the top

crazyquiff said

My point of view is that this forum is large enough to pretty much get a full cross section of society - from people you like to people you don't like.  In life I tend to ignore the people I don't like and spend more time with the people I do.  Occasionally you have to tell people how it is if you are not happy.

On the committee front - the AGM is soon - if you want to make a difference then go along and be heard. Votes count.

Enough - off to bed….

:clap:   :clap:   :clap:   :clap:   :clap:   :clap:   :clap:   :clap:

Back to the top
if i wanst getting married i would be at the AGM but alass i will not be
but i would like to write a letter to read there to view my ideas if thats ok

Back to the top
will it be a tea and biscuits afair (if so, what ones?) or is it a pint and a chat type of thing?

Back to the top

bens_cab said

if i wanst getting married i would be at the AGM but alass i will not be
but i would like to write a letter to read there to view my ideas if thats ok

ok with me mate, if no one else, send it to me and I'll read it for you.. Probably agree with majority of it anyways

Back to the top
You sure you dont want to come to the AGM Ben?

I'll bring you a big bucket of popcorn and a bottle beer if you do  :)

Back to the top

wooders said

will it be a tea and biscuits afair (if so, what ones?) or is it a pint and a chat type of thing?

tea and scones i think

Back to the top

GAMMYGOLFGTI said

id love to but im on a tight lease at the minute on the fear i may dissapear before the wedding :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top

bens_cab said

paul_c said

bens_cab said

ant5
Bert
ChrisB ?????????????
chudd
crazyquiff
Dano
debs ??????????????
Dougelove?????????????
drew ?????????????
dubboy
dubgrrl ?????????????
DubPartz ????????????
Early-1800
ew
GAMMYGOLFGTI
Hairyarse
jennybugs ????????????
markwon ???????????????
paul c
PhilTMK1GTI
Ross?????????????????

ant5
Bert
ChrisB????????
chudd
crazyquiff
Dano???????????
Dougelove??????????
Dubpartz???????????
drew??????????
dubboy
Early-1800
ew
GAMMYGOLFGTI
Hairyarse
markwon????????
paul_c
PhillTMk1GTI
Ross???????????

that makes it look even worse half them dont seem to come on here much do they?

One for Dubboy to answer, probably. Appointment of mods is currently a job for chairman alone, although recently there's been a few variations in how its been done, with varying success. Its a difficult one to get right (from a good governance perspective) because 01/2008 moderators were arbitarily given more power, but remain unelected and therefore ultimately unaccountable to the membership. Options include making their positions elected ones, or strengthening the committee structure (ie accountible because its elected) to cover some elements of their role.

Back to the top
funny this thread only members are posting ?? apart from the odd one like novocaine who really should join  :lol:

do you think peeps are scared of these threads?

Back to the top

bens_cab said

GAMMYGOLFGTI said

id love to but im on a tight lease at the minute on the fear i may dissapear before the wedding :lol:  :lol:

Nothing to stop anyone putting themselves up for nomination for a committee role even if they're not present, all they would need to do is indicate their willingness to whoever calls the meeting.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.