Skip navigation

fed up people leaving forum

Back to the top

fed up people leaving forum

wondered why we hadn't heard from the likes of collo and lawsy and foxy too. we will always get a degree of misunderstanding and a degree of immaturity and a degree of complete knob headedness. i suspect it will come and go in phases.
 theree are people out there and in here who will always need a bit of advice and help with thier mk1's who are not knobheads. don't leave the forum and let these people suffer the lack of help and don't leave the forum and let these people think there are more knobheads than normal.
i leave you with that classic line from that classic western.
  'come back shane. shane come back. shane i love you'

Back to the top
:clap: wooders the man who says what alot of us are thinking straight and true god bless that man :clap:

83 BBS MK1 GTI 69 T2 PANEL VAN i am back let the trouble begin :)

Back to the top
8O could it be… Wooder's VERY first serious post?

well said though  :clap:

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
:clap:  :clap:  :clap:

1983 Polo CL - daily

1984 Golf G60 Syncro - sold

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1992 Corrado G60 - crushed

1989 Polo C - chopped and crushed

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top
did you by any chance get a whack to the head today wooders  :lol:  :lol:

i agree with all you say mate people like collo foxy lawsy always gave good advice but due to being hacked off by idiots they dont post now shame tbh  :cry:

Back to the top
i can confirm foxy is alive and well

1983 Polo CL - daily

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top
i had a pm from foxy and collo not long ago so i lnow they are alive think foxy is working hard

collo is polishing his gun ready for the agm :lol:

Back to the top
sorry but…………

Whats AGM?

'83 1.5 Gx (picture coming soon)

Back to the top
AGM = annual general meeting

or you could say annual golf meeting methinks  :dontknow:

first one sounds more likely though

anyways i went last year but will not come this year unfortunately, was really good though

Back to the top
Just checked the stats and there's a small downturn in the past few months, however I think this is explained by a seasonal effect (more people are out and about in the summer, rather that at home on the computer browsing the site). So I'm not really worried in terms of overall bandwidth.

There's still 6-10 members joining the forum (forum user) every day and on average 3 paying their ?15 and becoming club members every day. Overall we're 15% up on last year, on bandwidth used (peak was 25%/year growth) but memberships are growing at around 36% up from last year. So if there many members leaving, there's also many more joining and on balance we're growing substantially.

I've said it before, with the 'popularisation' of the club and the forum, we're no doubt going to attract more of a younger demographic too*, and also the focus is more on modifieds now. I'd estimate that 2 years ago maybe 20-25% had modified cars, nowadays its probably (rough guesses) 50%. I've definitely noticed many more posts asking about modifications, etc.

* Based on typical attendance at club stands so far this year, the forum doesn't capture DOB etc.

Back to the top
foxy used to help me with my questions about mk1s, shame he doesnt post anymore. Same with Cabby_Craig but think hes moved house or something.

Back to the top
Was it Winston Churchill that said "you cant please all the people all of the time"

For me the forum works well I ask a question and generally get a helpfull answer.

:D  :D

Back to the top
I've not been on here for a few weeks due to work commitment. Out of interest wooders, is your statement factual or a guess? I know when I was last about, Lawsy was unfortunate to have personal issues keeping him away so guess this is why he's not here and foxy comes and goes from memory too?

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
collo said he had stopped coming on here because of this, so did lawsy to a certain extent and i spoke to foxy not so long back and he's busy, but is regular on other forums

1983 Polo CL - daily

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top

mk1john said

collo said he had stopped coming on here because of this, so did lawsy to a certain extent and i spoke to foxy not so long back and he's busy, but is regular on other forums

That's 1 user though (foxy and Lawsy haven't left for the same reason), on average 6 new people join every day. So it needs to be put in proportion.

Back to the top
6 people join that are looking for awnsers to questions join everyday and the people awnsering them get annoyed by other people for all to see and stop posting so much

i spend more time on retro rides now because its more laid back no bitching or insults shame cos i liked this forum

mk1oc used to be the best around for the family now its all about whos better who

just my opinion tho before someone starts bitching :wink:

Back to the top
I see my name bantered about a bit above…

I've had personal issues, this was explained in a coupel of threads, click link below (SPONSOR ME) to read more about it…

So thats not helped me much.. Plus there just seems to be so much bitching/negativity recently I just havent been bothered about coming on, a lot came from the comittee either, I offered help by offereing services as a mod, turned down flat due to a couple of months membership, then teh issue with merchandise, so that didnt spur on my willingness either..

I assure you all tho that I do still come on and read some posts, not as many as i did, but I find the lack of general helpmanship, friendly banter etc has died.. something this club was great for seems to have gone..

Plus a couple of other things that bug me, the search option isnt that easy to use, needs refining and putting high up, i'm sick of looking at a new page to see MOVED, MOVED all almost every other post, make search easier and explain more to newbies about the functions and that'll stop, but the other thing that annoys me is the size of people signatures, bugs me.. Big pictures, pointless long lists of what cars you got etc etc..
Cant we limit signatures to a coupel of lines?? Makes reading posts better

But I agree, well said Wooders….

Back to the top

paul_c said

mk1john said

That's 1 user though (foxy and Lawsy haven't left for the same reason), on average 6 new people join every day. So it needs to be put in proportion.

yeah but i'm not classing martin as a statistic, he's a good lad with a lot of knowledge who isn't here to share said knowledge anymore.

out of these average 6 new forum members, not all of these people are going to be regular users, just look at the countless pages of users with 0 posts.

the number of people joining up, in my eyes, doesn't make up for people who are getting sick of forum antics and leaving.

1983 Polo CL - daily

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top

mk1john said

paul_c said

mk1john said

yeah but i'm not classing martin as a statistic, he's a good lad with a lot of knowledge who isn't here to share said knowledge anymore.

out of these average 6 new forum members, not all of these people are going to be regular users, just look at the countless pages of users with 0 posts.

the number of people joining up, in my eyes, doesn't make up for people who are getting sick of forum antics and leaving.

Its the 6 new people who ask the same bloody questions that gets me, plus some of the newer members seemt o not listen to the elder/wiser people and just argue.. does my head in

Back to the top
its that time for a revolution :mrgreen:

i feel for you paul because from where we sit your the man that takes the grief wheres the chairman of the club defusing these situations ??????????????????????????????????????

i know the mods are busy but come on whats going on with the rest of the mods commitee theres only a few regular mods that post as lawsy said help has been offered in the past and refused and i think this all stems from bad leadership  :dontknow:

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.