Skip navigation

my mk1 24V VR6

Back to the top

my mk1 24V VR6

Good progress, sorry to hear about your wheels.  Getting your money back for them?

Back to the top
Tidy job :wink:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
really tidy job mate.got any videos of it running?bet it sounds awesome

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

currently breaking mk1 caddy,mk2 16v,mk1 cabby pm for prices!

Back to the top
thanks really grateful of the good feedback! nope not been able to get the wheels back yet the chap sold the business as a going concern cooked the books ect and f@!ked off to oz leaving the business in over ?20k of bad debt apparently he used to lone wheels that had just come in out to new customers so they might turn up but i very much doubt it shame cause they would have looked the nuts i would love another set if anyone knows for some but i think there quite rare? answers on a post card!!!!
i will try and put a vid up as soon as i change the throttle pot for a new one (it is failing between 2 and 5 thousand rpm) is it the same to put up as a pic???

Back to the top

ashtray said

thanks really grateful of the good feedback! nope not been able to get the wheels back yet the chap sold the business as a going concern cooked the books ect and f@!ked off to oz leaving the business in over ?20k of bad debt apparently he used to lone wheels that had just come in out to new customers so they might turn up but i very much doubt it shame cause they would have looked the nuts i would love another set if anyone knows for some but i think there quite rare? answers on a post card!!!!
i will try and put a vid up as soon as i change the throttle pot for a new one (it is failing between 2 and 5 thousand rpm) is it the same to put up as a pic???
i want it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :mrgreen:  ash any info in the water radiator u used, as im havin trouble finding one to fit and cool ,due haveing to move the engine forward to clear prop/rack grr ,, this is my fav golf ,,,,,,truly asome job ,ur doing ,,,ps wish i could find a rocker cover the same ,, (with the smooth top idea ,,looks stuning compaired to the other type like mine with the dip in the centre ,,, :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Hi cheers mate,your little project is coming along to! the rad i used is a RS500 Cosworth one they are on Ebay for ?140 ish good for a 600 bhp cossy so i guess ample for you if it would fit i had mine cut down about 50 mm it dose fit perfect without tho but i needed air flow to the bodies
sizes are 650long x310tall x50thick,Item number: 400036749888   

The rocker cover is a beetle RSI one so very rare you might be able to get one form Ww at a price mind!!

Back to the top
here we have a little clip of the first test run first indcations are its bloody fast and i might end up 6 ft down oh well!

Photo Storage | Photobucket

Back to the top
Looks and Sounds great Mate  :y:

Back to the top
Sounds fantastic, played the clip four times! :oops:  :lol:

I wouldn't bother putting a stereo in it, engine sounds better :wink:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
ha ha 4 times? I think i have played it 100 times since yesterday  cant believe its finally drivable, it left a number 11 100 foot long too not even been mapped properly yet and can only get about 80% throttle due to a not very good linkage so god knows what it gonna be like when its all sorted
It really dose make the last 3 years worth it

Back to the top
Another Bristolian? looking and sounding amazing too mate .. looking forward to seeing this at the coombe in july?

Back to the top
well sort of bristolian i guess! yeah will be up to coombe probably get a few laps before i get black flagged for induction noise ha ha ha

Back to the top
so after 800 miles of average driving :twisted:  smoking like a trooper due to guessing the fuel and getting it very wrong
the slipper pistons using to much oil for everyday use
i decided to rip the lot apart not before knackering the diff i might add :banghead:

here we go again
so the pistons are out of here and gonna go with keep the block but use a  R32 crank and rods with forged pistons so on the up side i will gain a small amount more torque and power

Back to the top
Finaly finished the engine rebuild since my last post
Hmmm not to bad it's only been 13 months! (was made redundant and got in to debt)
It's just come back from circuit motors @ castle combe masive thanks to Paul who has managed to squeeze 317hp and 274lb graphs to follow!! but was still only able to get 95% on the throttle pot desperately need to sort the linkage but it's hard get too to work on. Told a gain of 10/15 hp once done so prob worth trying!!

Back to the top
Great work and an interesting read :thumbsup

Back to the top
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.