Skip navigation

my mk1 24V VR6

Back to the top

my mk1 24V VR6

engine install is looking wicked mate i need to hear that bad boy on full chat!

Back to the top
cheers dude! you and me both!!

Back to the top
was just wondering if any one can help me out; I am looking to do the aero wiper thing any one know what parts I need?

Back to the top
do you mean just the wiper blades or the actual full set up

this places sells mk1 blades AVS Car Parts

no idea what they look like though

cheers kenno

Back to the top
Yeh iam after the arms and the aero blades I have heard lupo gti but I am a bit unsure!

Back to the top
That engine is art super nice!!!  :D

Back to the top

ashtray said

how i found her!

almost finished just waiting for 6branch and itbs

all the crusty old wiring is gone now woohoo

wiring is done in this pic more soon
now this has caught my eye very cool project u have there ,is that a vr6 24v or the v6 24valve from the 4motion mk4 golf ,there looks more room then i thought as its in a mk1 golf ,what a job,,perfect i bet that will suprize a few,,,how the eck do u fit that ,im sure theres no mounting points in a mk1 ,ps new member here and im lovin this beast….. :lol:

Back to the top
Cool welcome! Thanks for the positive coments, it's coming on nicely now my manifold has gone to be welded so should be on the button soon!!! Um no none of the mounts are the same it took me about 3 days to fabricate and get it sat in nicely!this may be harder with the standard inlet? It is a beetel RSI 24v boared to about 3.1 all the 24v are the same bar the r32 same basic engine tho,

Back to the top

ashtray said

Cool welcome! Thanks for the positive coments, it's coming on nicely now my manifold has gone to be welded so should be on the button soon!!! Um no none of the mounts are the same it took me about 3 days to fabricate and get it sat in nicely!this may be harder with the standard inlet? It is a beetel RSI 24v boared to about 3.1 all the 24v are the same bar the r32 same basic engine tho,

bloody hell  how cool is this ,i wounderd as the red rocker cover dosent look the same as a 24valve v6 2.8 one,,,woundering what ht leads ur going to use as then look deep were the plugs are as some ive seen have pencil coilpacks in them ,as i broke one up so ,ive plenty of parts laying around ,eg
02m 6speed box
inlet manifold
ecu
power sterring
pencil coilpacks
maf airfilter
suspsion bits as well,,thought some may come in ,ive part of the engine loom too ,unsure if that would be any use to you bud,,id love to have a go at one ,,i can dream i supose ,,,, :| do u do all the fabraction urself ,,id love to see what u do did to make it fit ,,all pics are welcome ,,,,so so mint ,,i love it ,are you turboing it ,as ive aslo some headspacers from the early vr6 and the later 24v v6 too..

Back to the top
yeh love makes us do things like this!!
the leads i will be using are just uprated 12v vr6 also the coil
as it were i don't think i need anything to complete apart from time(don't think you can help with that hahaha)
well i did think about supercharging it but decided against it (until the next rebuild) :twisted:  so i would probably change to the low comp pistons
but then i would lose all the induction noise of them ITBs
thanks for the offers any way matey

so what car(s) are you rockin bud?

Back to the top
this is gonna be amazing when its running, looks like you'll be having some serious fun with that spec.

is it much heavier than a stock lump?

1982 Non Sunroof Black 1600 GTI

2003 MKIV Golf PD150 GT TDI

Back to the top

ashtray said

yeh love makes us do things like this!!
the leads i will be using are just uprated 12v vr6 also the coil
as it were i don't think i need anything to complete apart from time(don't think you can help with that hahaha)
well i did think about supercharging it but decided against it (until the next rebuild) :twisted:  so i would probably change to the low comp pistons
but then i would lose all the induction noise of them ITBs
thanks for the offers any way matey

so what car(s) are you rockin bud?
well youve got me thinking after seeing ur golf ,its really super cool ,,,my daily im affraid is only a type1 vw beetle ,with a rear engined volvo 850 turbo sat in rear ,12second quarters but im ready for my next project ,,,,and i have to admit ,i love this setup ur doing ,,,so with that ,ill have to attempt to get a mk1 golf or caddy ,and some how fit one of these in it ,as it must be possible ,as your done a top conversion so far,,,,do you have any possible pics of how or what is used to make this arsome beast of a engine fit in ur mk1 ….i so want to try it ,as ive been looking at buying a golf or caddy idea,,,,,

Back to the top

adaptorman said

ashtray said

,my daily im affraid is only a type1 vw beetle ,with a rear engined volvo 850 turbo sat in rear ,12second quarters

your bug sounds interesting! we went to vw action a couple of weeks ago and ive never seen anything lauch like those type 1 beetles seriously impressive!

Back to the top

dave_dub86 said

adaptorman said

ashtray said

,my daily im affraid is only a type1 vw beetle ,with a rear engined volvo 850 turbo sat in rear ,12second quarters

your bug sounds interesting! we went to vw action a couple of weeks ago and ive never seen anything lauch like those type 1 beetles seriously impressive!

just removed as i dont wont to crash ashs therd  :)

Back to the top
pm me if youre selling that badboy in the future i need that kind of performance in my life!
anyway back to the build thread sorry ashtray!

Back to the top
bloody hell its cold in the workshop :(
not much progress at the moment, finished modifying the manifold eventually and got round to custom bending a 2.25" exhaust with an Ashley rear box just a bit of plumbing and she will run!!!!!

Back to the top
have you got any pictures of the mounts you fabricated to save the chassis leg? and the gearbox mount as well.

Are you using the cable change 6 speeder as well?

Im feeling the easy torque nature rather than a crazy 16vT in my other car,im also running a 16v mk1 golf with solid mounts and im looking for something a bit more civilised in my other project

Back to the top
ash any progress pal ,,,,and ps ive a question ,unsure which gearbox u used ,if it was a std vr6 or 5/6speed o2m type ,as if u used a 02m type how did you get the eletric speedo as im stuck ,,,,any ideas  :roll:

Back to the top
alright mate no not had much in the way of progress at the mo Grant has been busy moving to a new workshop she is just settling in to her 4500sq ft home

no mate i have got a corrado o2a box but i am using a wheel speed sensor as i am running a stack the only thing i can suggest is something similar might sound daft but i have heard of a push bike speedo?

Back to the top
it lives!! been a while since my last post its running at last!
it always takes a while to recover after xmass ha ha

custom samco hoses = bloody expensive!

these were gone for a polish and the bloke has done a runner and the new owners of the business have lost them!! wheel styles in yate bristol if your wondering  

got a nice stack off flea bay,any one got any sensors for sale or rent?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.