Skip navigation

Ebay coil Overs - ?200 Hot Tuning

Back to the top

Ebay coil Overs - ?200 Hot Tuning

I looking to buy them ebay springs this week?

How do you go about adjusting??
When they are on the car or off??
Also does it comes with the tool to get the standard springs off. The tool i mean is the one that compreses the springs??

I know there a few question but one more.

Is it a big job estimate of how long??

Im working all the time at the mo and just seeing if it could be done in a evening?

Cheers

Back to the top
Adjusted with a C spanner, probably included in the kit, on the car
No, you'd need spring compressors if you wanted to reuse your existing top mounts (front)
Not a big job but you'd need to reset your camber and tracking adterwards, if you don't have facilities to do this then its not an evening job

Back to the top
ahhh right

wel im not to sure on all that so think ill get a friend of a friend to do it. that be the best job

thanks for the advice

Back to the top
I have the hot tunning coilovers now, Can you adjust the stiffness? As i have them on but the are quite soft on the bk and keep rubbing?

Back to the top
their isn't any stiffness adjustment on the hot tunning coilovers, only ride hide adjustment.

Back to the top
these hott tuning coilovers seem well cheap
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/COIL-OVER-COILOVER-VW-CADDY-MK1-ADJUSTABLE-SUSPENSION_W0QQitemZ170269980086QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item170269980086&_trkparms=72%3A1121%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I need a set for my mk1 caddy daily,but a bit worried about ride quality as our roads are shocking over in the channel islands.
Has anyone used these one's from ebay with bearable comfort.
I have fk high sports on my other mk1 and there fine but my daily is a budget ride and don't want to spend the earth.

1983 mk1 golf gti campaign

1988 mk1 caddy 1.8

1988 mk1 caddy 1.6

1991 mk2 golf gti

1996 mk3 golf gti

Back to the top
I think the ride comfort is not to bad its barable :)

Back to the top
Just to add my views on these coilovers..for the price I think they're great.

Ride quality is firm but certainly not harsh and the handling is very good - massive improvement over the 40mm shocks and springs I had on before. I can chuck the car around corners no bother now. Steering feels lighter too but that might just be me!

And as everyone else has said, make sure you get the tracking and camber done once they're on, makes a big difference. Big thumbs up from me.  8)

Lick my Decals off baby!

Back to the top
cheers guys, i'll order some off the bay after xmas.

1988 mk1 caddy 1.8

1988 mk1 caddy 1.6

1991 mk2 golf gti

1996 mk3 golf gti

Back to the top
Hold fire chaps

I'm just about to post up details of a club deal with hottuning on these babies
Just waiting for them to get to me with members and forum users prices then its all systems go..

bear with me a few days and I'll let you know

Back to the top
i got a set of these. got them wound down as far as they will go and i'm riding on the bump stops.  its great!! i just catch a little on full lock.  ride is stiff but once i get of the b roads onto the a roads you can drive at 60+ no probs

hello!

Back to the top
I findin with the coilovers now that the back set are to soft, they are sitting 2cm above the tyre which is a lot of room, and they rub when i hit the slightest bump, but apart from that i love them.

Back to the top
ive got these on mine the ride was pretty harsh so i took the helper springs out on the rears and its 100% better!

Back to the top
what are the helper springs??

Back to the top
the springs that are shorter in length out of the two that are on the shock - whip them out and wind the remaining ones up to where theyre not flapping about and the ride is no where near as harsh

Back to the top
has anyone else got these coilovers on there mk1 .
all feed back and comments welcome.
cheers darren.

1988 mk1 caddy 1.8

1988 mk1 caddy 1.6

1991 mk2 golf gti

1996 mk3 golf gti

Back to the top
just a little help, i have put some 13s on the motor now and adjusted the hight to sit lower, the wheels bfore were 15s bt now i have 13 steelies on. Anyways i got to the back an the passenger side shock is fully adjusted and the drivers side has loads more to go :s, but they both sit the same height. But the back is sitting high an i need to make it lower cuz t looks stupid. ????????????

Back to the top
yea the fronts and rears are different u will need to adjust thm to suit i suggest taking your car to the flattest peice or tarmac u can find and go round the car with a tape measure from the arch to the centre of the wheel an adjust each corner to the same height thn let it settle over night an check it again and you cant just set the amount of thread the same all round because one spring might sag slightly more thn another

also for those that find the ride to harsh im pretty sure u can contact the seller and buy some softer springs i got mine off of philj on clubpolo and he offered me softer springs if i found it hard, not sure on the price but im sure it was fairly cheap
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.