Skip navigation

The most recent discussion across forums. stretched tyres!

Back to the top

The most recent discussion across forums. stretched tyres!

i think it looks dead good but wouldnt do it to my car!

drift cars have been doing it for a few years.

opinions?

Back to the top
Looks too good.

Id do it, i want to do it.

You mayaswell if youve got a set of summer bbs, no reason not too if you dont drive your car with um on all the time.

Looks stupidly good.

Back to the top
if you can afford to replace tyres and rims every few miles why not i think it looks stupid tbh

why risk yourself and other road users by having stretch like that because you get scene points gay tbh :cry:

Back to the top
"scene points"

Ahahaha rubbish mate.

It looks good.

Thats why.

You jsut know youd get pulled 5 times a day if you had them like that.

Look at it, it looks stupidly mint.

You wish mate.

Back to the top
Credit due to that guy for getting everything so close!

BUT

8O Not for me! I'd rather have the correct width tyre so I can corner without worry

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
i dont need stretched tyres to make my car look good i just lift the bonnet or blip the throttle 8)

Back to the top
Plus surly not a risk to others as youd be going at about 20 mph max due to not wanting to dent your arches or take chunks out your tyres.

Most corners have to be taken slowly, cant go over bumps.

So how could they …

Back to the top
great idea ill chuck stretched tyres on my car so i can only drive at 20mph hmm i dont think so maybe if i owned a 1.1 :wink:

Back to the top
change um back after the show etc.

It looks better s you mayaswell do it for a short amount of time when you can, then change back..

Easy enough.

And itd look good so if you couldnt care less about speed then your boshty enit.

Back to the top

bens_cab said

i dont need stretched tyres to make my car look good i just lift the bonnet or blip the throttle 8)

you really do big up your car dont ya!

its stil a cabby :wink:

Back to the top
indeed it is

bye bye cossy merc :mrgreen:

Back to the top
"lift the bonnet"

Get the dirty beast out.

And i mean dirty.

Give her a clean then people might be more impressed.

Enough people with 20v ts.

Back to the top
get a garret turbo an run 11sec 1/4 miles then id be impressed but 14 sec 1/4 can be done in a 2.0ltre 16valve

Back to the top
nothing dirty about my car mate lots of people have 20v mk1s and lots of people still want them

im just lucky to have built my own  :wink:

Back to the top
yer great idea. except that you can see the bead. and with that stretch i'd give it a week before it gets torn of the rim. no way is that sealled. bet he's got a foot pump in the boot too.

what a waste of time a small amount of stretch maybe but that just looks stupid and is rather dangerous. cops won't need to pull you over you'll be sat on the road side with a split rim edge anyway.

Back to the top
No i meant, dust, grime……

And yes i know, that why im saying its nothign special.

I see them all the time, just not on my drive..

Back to the top

alexHxC said

get a garret turbo an run 11sec 1/4 miles then id be impressed but 14 sec 1/4 can be done in a 2.0ltre 16valve

that may be the case but the power delivery is different completely i dont want a big turbo tbh im happy with owning a 14 sec cabby which is probally a bit heavier than a tin top not sure by how much

i reckon skinny tyres is where its at now :mrgreen:

Back to the top
pay a professional or bodge it yourself!

personally i went with bodge it myself haha

Back to the top

bens_cab said

alexHxC said

that may be the case but the power delivery is different completely i dont want a big turbo tbh im happy with owning a 14 sec cabby which is probally a bit heavier than a tin top not sure by how much

i reckon skinny tyres is where its at now :mrgreen:

yea skinny tyres on a wide wheel. see first pics!

Back to the top
i like a moderate stretch, 195 on an 8 is the most stretched i'd go. anything more than that sort of stretch makes the wheels look like balloons really.

1983 Polo CL - daily

1984 Golf G60 Syncro - sold

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1992 Corrado G60 - crushed

1989 Polo C - chopped and crushed

1991 309 Style - crushed
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.