Skip navigation

Project monkey update 02/04/12

Back to the top

Project monkey update 02/04/12

nice and fresh  8)

Back to the top

Project monkey

after a few years garaged up and gaining the nickname of paperweight i am getting on with the project again.

the last few years i have been skint.
Built a fucus st upto 300bhp,
restored a campervan, which passed its mot first time.  full 6-8 inches/wheel arches and underside.  this was a heart ache and the owner far too excitable by new parts being welded on haha.
bought an audi quattro

and now with money freed up and plenty of time to plan, im starting the project up again.

im currently researching the ABF engine rebuild and is to be running on twin 45 dcoes, aiming for 200-250 bhp.

the interior is almost in the car and the wiring is to be completed

the brakes are to plumb in and set up on the bias bar( got to love stand alone pedal boxes)

2 doors a bonnet and a boot to paint, hey presto all done!!!

Back to the top

Update 14/04/12

Hello everyone, it's been a while but work has me busy.

Upto date, I have sent my abf engine to Teesside motor factors to get rebuilt, awaiting on piston prices, I have purchased piper cams, 45 weber's, 4 branch, custom rad, mocal oil cooler, omex ecu, willwood 4 pot calipers,

The doors, bonnet and boot go to get painted next week.

All the interior is now fitted, all the original gti arches are now on the car

It's going to be a matter of rebuilding now.

Pictures to follow…. :D

Back to the top

Back to the top
Well the cars finally out of sleeping and ready to be transformed into something special

Doors on tomorrow

Back to the top
Do I put the gti vinyl on? Hmmmm

Back to the top

Back to the top

New doors,

Well after work, a mate dropped the doors bonnet and boot off at the motor club for me and I couldn't resist getting stuck in, the bonnet is just sat in place the noo and the boot will be fitted at the same time as the bonnet.  All the brackets are in the painters getting a coat of white..

So left me to re build the doors :).

Just the seals to go on now!

Shame the white is slightly out of shade but sure it's because I haven't yet cut back the rest of the car!

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.