Skip navigation

THE Citi Golf thread. Pics, Q and A's and anything else.

Back to the top

THE Citi Golf thread. Pics, Q&As and anything else.

Hi everyone… see my Classifieds add but i am regretfully having to sell the car as i cannot afford insurance - anyone who's interested contact through here or the details supplied in my classified… mint little citi! ;)

Back to the top
Just found this pic on the web.

there is someone who live near me who has one just like the red one.

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top
Red Yellow Blue… which ones for you.
Very popular advert when it came out in South Africa  :)

- YouTube

Back to the top
so reading this thread am i right in saying a carb flange for a 1.8 citi would be the same as the flange from a 1800 SPI MK3??? (dont know of a carb version of the MK3 golf) any answers appreciated as mine is split.

Back to the top
If it is 4 holes bottom area at 3,6,9 and 12 o clock postions that is for bolting to manifold, the 3 holes on top for sitting carb to flange, which is for mk1, mk2 and 3 golfs

Back to the top
thanks mate will check now

Back to the top
What's a fake mk1 doing at the autostadt :lol:

Back to the top
Last of the Citi Golfs!

Banner

Back to the top
Finally recognition!!

Stands back and waits for the comments to fly…………

Back to the top
OMG, I can't believe I missed it- just noticed that there is no quarter light in the front door…. getting all kinds of crazy ideas now :)

Current MK1 rebuild elapsed time - 15 years and counting…
Is it normal to clean and paint bits of your car that will never be seen?
Not-so-new addition - 1996 MK1 Citi Golf (off the road for 4 years… and counting)

Back to the top
Hi guys im from SA :D that is a real citi mk1 they were only 1000 produced limited edition came in either black or blue. Citi is the most popular car in SA. Its sad that Vw stopped prouction of them.

Back to the top
Uzzy, i  know bud, i own one.
My post is regards past post on here where the citi golf is said to be not a real mk1 lmao.
They are an excellent car and was happy to see even the germans want one in their showroom.
 I want those wheels on mine, bathurst they are called, on the lupo gti's over here but too bloody expensive
Pete

Back to the top
i had a rotten one recently,took a load of bits off it for mine,then well…….turned it into a towable BBQ  :wink:  i havent got a photo of it,but its on the front page  :lol:
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
Not sure that a Citi being in the Autostadt qualifies it as a "real  Mk1 Golf" as there are loads of non Wolfsburg Golfs there like the rocco next to it and even non-VWs.

Depends on your definition of "real" but I see them as just a more modern Wolfsburg Mk1 Golf. A lot of parts different to the last of the Wolfsburg Mk1 Golf though as the majority of parts are sourced locally or taken from other current VW models.

Banner

Back to the top
Another nice Citi pic I just found.

James

Back to the top
hi i recently had to scrap a 1.3 citi engine as noone wanted it :(  i kept all the ancilleries though if anyone is interested?? also have a few pieces of exhaust,think they are for the 1.3 citi golf as they came with some stuff that i bought from a lad who had just finished his 1.3 citi golf project,let me know if anyone wants them?

Back to the top
Well ive had it for two years and i think its been spoke of earlier in this thread, we have used it daily with no issues apart from a couple of electrical problems, not done anything to it apart from bodge up the front grill and replace a headlight after an argument with a pheasant at about 70 mph, the pheasant wasnt in the best shape afterwards either !

Have had aircooled dubs for a number of years and have a split and early bay to keep on the road also so i havent got round to doing anything to the golf, im now thinking about a few things, firstly the bodykit ? is this standard as its a crap fit ? Am thinking of losing this, changing the wheels, changing the grill, bumpers and badges to old style and poss a respray in red as theres a few chips / Pheasant damage to offside wing,  and ive always wanted a red mk1 ! Anyone got any ideas / comments ? In the meantime one of the centre lights fell out and smahed the other day (due to the backplate rusting i think) does anyone know if they are a standard size ? I changed the outer one previously after the pheasant incident with one from GSF with no probs but not too bothered as i will go for a Mk1 original setup if i can find one for a reasonable price. Also does anyone know of one this new in the country as i havent come across one and wandered how it got SVA'd ? I have had a couple of Jap imports and seem to remember that after 1996 the SVA test was a lot more intense requiring MPH conversions, airbags etc which this doesnt have.

My Buses

Back to the top
hi mate, just been looking at your citi, is it a 1,8 cti?
well the bodykit on it is not standard, thats for sure, and the front bumper has been changed to.
but other than that it's looking really good.

you know you wan't a citi

Back to the top
Nice collection of VW's, the body kit looks like a BBS one.

James

Back to the top
Hi all!

As a South African, its really rad to see an international forum that's aware of the Citi!

Currently I'm driving a stock(except for the coil pack which I had to replace last week) 2003 1.4i citi.com <- Apparently they were a limited run that could only be purchased through an online order.

Had mine for about 4 years now and that's the only issue I've had with it, well except for the fact that it's the most stolen car in SA, mines been stolen once and recovered thanks to satellite tracking, pity when they recovered it all the ICE, the back seats, carpeting, ecu, most of the dashboard and the center console had been stripped already.

Only recently started working on the car myself and I have to say thanks to you all as this forum has been incredibly helpful!

Before the citi I had a 1978 1.6 Beetle, loved that car but dear god did it give me problems. Still want another one day as a project car.

Anyhow, just posted to say howdy and thanks. Will posts some pics of my Mk1 and my old Beetle when I get a chance.

2003 1.4i Citi.com
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.