Skip navigation

new owner of 82 gl.25,000 genuine miles.anyone help??

Back to the top

new owner of 82 gl.25,000 genuine miles.anyone help??

FFS, you got that for next to nothing :roll: , you jammy………
Serioulsy thou, look after it, you got a very good deal there bud and keep it original, dont chav it up, leave it has it is.
Best wishes
Pete :wink:

Back to the top
cheers people.no worries about keeping it original.
its having nothing but a roof rack put on it.
we were going to have it as the wifes daily driver for work as its only a 12 mile round trip a day but after all the good comments on here we are now thinking of maybe a fair weather fun car to be kept in the garage.dunno.it was built to drive i suppose.dilema!!  :dontknow:
could anyone suggest an idea of value(roughly) as i need to make sure it is insured for the right amount

Back to the top
Difficult call on the price - check the price guide on the home page. The non-gti models tend not to fetch as high a price - which maybe nowadays is odd as mint GX, GLS etc are sough after.

I would say the price guide is about on the money

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
I've just creamed my undies! 25K and what a beautiful colour. Absolutely lovely. Hope to see it in the flesh at GTi International this year ?!?!?

Current MK1 rebuild elapsed time - 15 years and counting…
Is it normal to clean and paint bits of your car that will never be seen?
Not-so-new addition - 1996 MK1 Citi Golf (off the road for 4 years… and counting)

Back to the top
cheers dag4r :lol:
i hope to make it to a couple of shows to see what people think of it in the flesh.not sure when or where any are.whens the gti international one? could anyone recommend any others?

Back to the top
Daily driver to work, but you mentioned the wife driving it, now that's where the arguements start, "look love you've scuffed the wheels, No i didn't she say's" can you see the dilema now  :lol:
You have a good mk1, enjoy it, drive it daily as you only live once, you will smile everytime you drive her, She is a she? do you have a name, most of us sad people on here do  :lol: , mine is The Afrikaan
Best wishes
Pete :wink:

Back to the top
sadly the wife is probably a better driver than me as i drive a postie van all day so i have some very bad habits.
i will be driving it some times(i hope).
the name and he/she are still an ongoing debate but at the moment its a he called george! :oops:
i took it for a little spin last nite to show it off to a friend and yes i did smile all the way round.it doesnt even have any squeaks or rattles…yet.
roll on sunday.road legal!!!!!

Back to the top
Stonor Park, Henley, this coming Sunday - theres a show for you.

Back to the top
just got car back from paint shop today.looks good to me.thinking of taking it to gti international,is this show just for gtis and the like? dont reckon i be doin the drag strip :D
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.