Skip navigation

Most Painful DIY mistake??

Back to the top

Most Painful DIY mistake??

oh yeah have a similar story involving my dad and uncle they were painting gurders in a factory roof (not massive but quite large) when a couple of the lads thought it would be funny to move the scaffold??

they both decided for some reason to hang on to the gurder my dad grabbed on and swung his legs up to hang on my uncle grabbed on realised his hands where covered in paint and proceeded to fall onto the concrete floor!

he was the most accident prone person that ever lived im sure he broke every bone in his body twice lol!

Back to the top
:lmao:

he let go 'cos his hands got covered in paint?

hahaha

nice one

'83 1.5 Gx (picture coming soon)

Back to the top

MK1_Arron said

Dont you use those in the standing position both hands on the shaft?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Yradave says relax.

Back to the top
When I was a young lad,I worked for a packaging company making pallets and packing cases.We used compressed air nail guns to nail them together.Really boring job,so me and my mate would have a race to see who could make theirs the quickest,in my haste i failed to move my thumb out of the way and fired an anulated nail (has rings to stop nail coming out of wood) straight through it.The real pain came when they held me down at A&e and brayed it out using a drift and a wooden mallet…I kid you not :cry:

CAMPAIGN-HELIOS BLUE-POSSIBLY SEEN IT ON CHRIS BARRIES(RIMMER IN RED DWARF) MASSIVE SPEED PROGRAMME?!!!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

MK1_Arron said

:lmao:

he let go 'cos his hands got covered in paint?

hahaha

nice one

lol i didn't mean it like that he slipped cause his hands were covered in paint lol………. that would have been funnier tho.

Back to the top

Re: ouch

alexi said

Hi I work for British Gas and we have to brief the engineers with a presentation of how someone cut off part of his hand using a power saw, all fingers and part of the palm, and another of a cut on the wrist. Pics available if requested but not pretty.
Alex
bet he a handy person to know   :banghead:

Back to the top
While in a tight area laid on my back welding a blob of weld fell went straight threw my jacket and continued to sizzle in my arm till I got out from under the car and picked it out, when I see that mark on my arm from it, it so makes me laugh NOT :-)

Back to the top
broke my nose whilst changing a driveshaft bearing at work (fiesta), ok not diy but laughed at the time!
the usual split across the eys, blood and the blue eyes a oupleof days later!

82 Golf Gti. The snail project (abf turbo one day)

Saab 93 diesel daily

Back to the top

SEAN1151 said

When I was a young lad,I worked for a packaging company making pallets and packing cases.We used compressed air nail guns to nail them together.Really boring job,so me and my mate would have a race to see who could make theirs the quickest,in my haste i failed to move my thumb out of the way and fired an anulated nail (has rings to stop nail coming out of wood) straight through it.The real pain came when they held me down at A&e and brayed it out using a drift and a wooden mallet…I kid you not :cry:

That sounds the worst one yet :( Gave me the shivers that last part!

Mine isn't anything extraordinary, but I had molten aluminium drop on my leg once whilst welding it.  And unlike steel it doesn't lose heat soon after it hits you, it stays at that temperature for minutes :(  Don't think I've ever jumped up and done a dance whilst screaming in pain before for any other reason.

Another one was when I was doing the final stage of tightening of the head bolts on my car, and whilst heaving on a massive breaker bar the thread in the block stripped and before I knew what had happened I had mashed my knuckle off the edge of the slam panel. It went numb, hich I'm guessing was from shock :(

Back to the top
This will make your eyes water, many years ago I trained to be a Master Butcher and qualified after 7 years of training. I was little accident prone cutting fingers slicing the tip of my thumb off with the cut meat slicer, anyway I cutting up a rear quarter beef when the boning knife slipped and as I working slightly of the wooden block the knife came down and I stabbed myself in the groan area norrowley missing the main vain but still alot of blood.The next thing I knew was waking up in hospital in a pain.

I'm no longer a butcher after 12 years.

GTI Campaign Helios Blue, Going back Standard
GTI Campaign Schwartz Black shouldn't have sold
GTI Mk7 Performance pack Daily drive
Polo 1.4sel Sunset Orange The Wife's
Triumph Tiger

Back to the top
during my 2 year resto i managed to, smash my thumb nail off with a hammer, get a metal filing in my eye (doctor used a needle to get this out) also landed a grinder with a wire wheel into my leg (never where tracksuit bottoms when grinding) also managed to collect a lot of burns cuts bruises, but it was worth it in the end :)

Back to the top
stripping wallpaper with my bro in law and he was doing above the window using a scalpel to start the edges, i was under the window, scalpel drops into my thumb and goes straight through, went to hospital and they were amazed that it had missed all my tendons etc. few stitches and im on my way.

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top
put a stanley knife blade through my hand wouldn't stop bleeding for ages :redfaced:

Back to the top
I put a chisel through the palm of my left hand. Got 2 staples in the tendons for my fingers. You can feel them through the scar! :sick:

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.