Skip navigation

being banned for having oppinions!

Back to the top

being banned for having oppinions!

Banned for a copy and paste???  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

OOPS!!! Bit extreme for me that!

I tend to keep quiet on forums the majority of the time as i'm very self opinionated and can cause problems… its not good lol

Back to the top

DyslexicDwarf said

jools182 said

I got banned from the South Yorkshire Dubs site for moaning about them not being very welcoming when I turned up at one of their meets the other weekend
Ever felt invisible?

That's pathetic! What was the reason they gave?

I'm going to put my money on E38. Just because it's the sort of thing that 'they' deem acceptable Infact the amount of times ive been inches away from posting a 3 page rant on that website about how they are all absolute……

I so agree about ed38,i couldnt hate a website more if i tried!

keep on keeping on

Back to the top

wooders said

GAMMYGOLFGTI said

I dont know of anyone who has got a ban for an opinion  :dontknow: , accumalation of swearing (3 strikes in a year) yes, but not for opinions  :dontknow: .  

So where are you banned from Alex?
i suppose if your opinion is that everyones a ******* ****, then that opinion in type may result in a ban.

Not if you mask the swearing (as you have done) by using asterisks. Its always difficult to strike a reasonable balance, some people may feel the club is going off in a different direction and is not for them (and leave or become banned) but for every 1 person that feels like this, there's 10 or more new people who have found the club and get a lot out of it.

A couple of years ago it was a reasonably small club and the recent growth has become quite rapid. This 'popularisation' can only be a good thing. Indeed, if you were to witness the people who turned up at recent meets, you'd see that Mk1 owners are a truly diverse group of people, probably more so than in other areas of life.

Unlike other forums, we only ban after giving ample warning and also bans are never an individual's decision but are discussed and agreed upon. Also more recently I have on some occasions insisted that we apply discretion, instead of simply counting up 3 occurrences of bad language then banning someone. This didn't go down too well with some of the other moderators but I feel its important to uphold the underlying principles, rather than simply applying black & white rules.

Back to the top
sorry for the suspense guys haha was at work!

midsdubclub i got banned from.

Back to the top

paul_c said

wooders said

GAMMYGOLFGTI said

I dont know of anyone who has got a ban for an opinion  :dontknow: , accumalation of swearing (3 strikes in a year) yes, but not for opinions  :dontknow: .  

So where are you banned from Alex?
i suppose if your opinion is that everyones a ******* ****, then that opinion in type may result in a ban.

Not if you mask the swearing (as you have done) by using asterisks. Its always difficult to strike a reasonable balance, some people may feel the club is going off in a different direction and is not for them (and leave or become banned) but for every 1 person that feels like this, there's 10 or more new people who have found the club and get a lot out of it.

A couple of years ago it was a reasonably small club and the recent growth has become quite rapid. This 'popularisation' can only be a good thing. Indeed, if you were to witness the people who turned up at recent meets, you'd see that Mk1 owners are a truly diverse group of people, probably more so than in other areas of life.

Unlike other forums, we only ban after giving ample warning and also bans are never an individual's decision but are discussed and agreed upon. Also more recently I have on some occasions insisted that we apply discretion, instead of simply counting up 3 occurrences of bad language then banning someone. This didn't go down too well with some of the other moderators but I feel its important to uphold the underlying principles, rather than simply applying black & white rules.

how long do strikes last?

Back to the top
A year. If you've served a ban and the account is re-enabled, you start again from 0.

Back to the top

alexHxC said

What was your username on it?

Back to the top

paul_c said

alexHxC said

What was your username on it?

the same as on here.

also can you appeal against the strikes you recieve?

because i feel 1 of them i go unfairly i wont put reasons on here i can pm you  about it though if it helps?

Back to the top
i don't see a problem with the no swearing rules i got a strike for it when i first signed up but thats because i didn't read the rules properly  :roll: .
but surely one strike is all you need and if you don't get the hint you deserve a ban for bein so stupid.

Back to the top

rustys_mk1 said

i don't see a problem with the no swearing rules i got a strike for it when i first signed up but thats because i didn't read the rules properly  :roll: .
but surely one strike is all you need and if you don't get the hint you deserve a ban for bein so stupid.

Well said  :clap:

Back to the top
nah it's not about being stupid, words can be said accidently.
There are some banned words on here that people would say thinking their ok.
Ive done it myself.

'83 1.5 Gx (picture coming soon)

Back to the top

rustys_mk1 said

thats abit narrow minded and judgemental wouldnt you say?

Back to the top
wel I think its a load of absolute b******* and they are all a bunch of f****** w******, but dont take it personally!!

1983 MK1 PIRELLI EDITION

Alpine White LHD ("SOLD")

Back to the top
you spelt b******* wrong

Back to the top

wooders said

you spelt b******* wrong

You're having an opinion of his opinion?

REPORTED!!! :twisted:

'82 Mk1 GTI 1600 UGY74X
(Mars Red, mostly…)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.