Skip navigation

Drugs are bad.

Back to the top

Drugs are bad.

I think you'll find most of us here are decent normal people. we dont all get along all of the time but thats just life.

I imagine that most of us have tried a drug of some kind at some point and have then ether decided "no this isnt for me" or "yeah i enjoy this". Youre a grownup and as such ur well within your rights to smoke pot or drink a bottle of whiskey if thats what you want to do.

My personal feeling (and i think the mods would agree) is that Illegal substances shouldnt really be promoted in such a way on a family friendly forum.

You may not agree with me on this point or you may feel that youre not promoting drug use but thats how your posts seem to come across.

i hope you decide to stick around and offer your input to club life.

:wink:

Back to the top
don't go man, forget about it. Move on.

plus I think your art is actually fair good!
cars are super hard to draw!  :lol:

'83 1.5 Gx (picture coming soon)

Back to the top
Thats how you draw a car, I thank you  :wink:

www.cw-se.com

"Video et taceo"

Back to the top
It's a bit rich to complain about forum members 'having a go' when you just outright abuse people.

If you talk to people the way you've just done on this thread I wouldn't be surprised if you're involved in any aggro.

Respect is a two way street and you cannot assume to know everything about someone based on a few pieces of information.

This forum has a 'family-oriented' outlook where foul language is not tolerated, this is all made clear when a person signs up so for people to complain about bans is a bit purile when they agree to the rules on signup. I swear like a trooper but I moderate myself unless I'm in the company of someone who I know is not bothered with my language.

I also moderate myself with my replies so as not to rub people up the wrong way. Sometimes I'll read a post and get pretty annoyed and want to flame the person, I think what the point would be and if I type a response I will read it through before posting and most times I will just bin it. This is so I don't cause any friction or offend people and generally not cause any bad feelings on this site.

I take moderate pride in being a pretty decent chap and I'm really not trying to offend with this post. I'm really trying to demonstrate that a more moderate approach is better when on forums as a lot of the feeling behind what you're trying to convey is lost as you can only use text to express yourself when face to face you can communicate a lot more easily.

If you think I am trying to offend then I apologise that I could not convey my motive better. If you're still in any doubt then see my signature.

Dave.

Yradave says relax.

Back to the top
may i suggest, that people read ftj's posts in a brummie accent. they're very hard to take offensively when doing this and so, could put an end to the sniping and whining.

Back to the top
:roll:  I here a "jingle jingle" of keys and a month off for someone :|

No need to be so abusive to people ftj If you fancy john just tell him :lol:

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top
to be fair i can understand ftj's point i'm not condoning dishing out abuse but everytime he starts a thread the snide remarks start. I've also noticed a few members that quite enjoy abusing him where ever the chance pops up when the post has rob all to do with ftj……… and when they do this they come across as bell ends aswell.

basically is there any need from either side?

Back to the top
If it warrants it yeah, its called banter, banter, mickey taking, leg pulling whatever you call it, ends when you start swearing or homophobicly abusing people and being personal

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top
I know all about this forum and mickey taking  :wink:

FTJ don't worry about it man, theres always gonna be people who give you jip, anywhere you go. Your mannerisms lay out a fine line, and I imagine the older members of this forum stand on the wrong side of it.
With your text speak and drug related posts you have to accept the fact people will have a go.

This forum has (I think) thousands of members, of which only a couple have ever gave you stick.

keep posting man, don't let it stop you

EDIT

Chriswizz that is an awesome drawing

Back to the top

rustys_mk1 said

to be fair i can understand ftj's point i'm not condoning dishing out abuse but everytime he starts a thread the snide remarks start. I've also noticed a few members that quite enjoy abusing him where ever the chance pops up when the post has rob all to do with ftj……… and when they do this they come across as bell ends aswell.

basically is there any need from either side?
it's hard to disagree with that

Back to the top

wooders said

may i suggest, that people read ftj's posts in a brummie accent. they're very hard to take offensively when doing this and so, could put an end to the sniping and whining.

Surely you don't me little old me? :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Speeding is like masturbation, everyone does it ,but it's not something you should record and put on the internet!! 

Back to the top
yes. i look at the user location and in my head, i read the post in that accent. try it. it honestly makes most everything funny.

Back to the top
what a great way of looking at things.

i think we should have a national accents thread where we all write in our own dialect!

ill start:

its ma sisters wedding today n tis ganna be reet good.

Back to the top
i think anyone who admits to taking drugs then posts the fact on a family forum should be banned for life my kids read some of the stuff here and want to know what a spliff is

not impressed :banghead:

Back to the top
personally i've read way more offensive things than the word spliff on this forum.

Back to the top
Can't see a problem since it doesn't show drugs in a positive way. Sooner or later kids are going to need to know about these things, and other bad things in society.

Back to the top
Yes Paul, they do need to know sooner or later.

But better later and not on here. Maybe you will understand better if and when you have kids yourself  :dontknow:

Back to the top

debs said

But better later and not on here. Maybe you will understand better if and when you have kids yourself  :dontknow:

Tian :clap:

Back to the top

debs said

We can't dictate what people want to talk about though. Edition 38 tries to so this, and look how badly its perceived by others…… We are only a reflection of Mk1 Golf owners and enthusiasts, not an island.

Back to the top
To be honest, I cant actually believe someone is being slated for saying the word spliff on a mk1golf forum, due to the fact it isn't child friendly!!!

what the???

Paul maybe you should make this site more colourful and make a few new 'general' headings like, Learn to count to ten with debs or dot to dot or somethin.

This is not a childs forum im sure!
Maybe the parents on here should stop their kids viewing the site if spliff worrys them

EDIT* FAO people who think this post is bad for their kids;

What does the title of the thread say?

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.