Skip navigation

1600 GTi re-build

Back to the top

1600 GTi re-build

got a little update for you lot.  i've progressed a bit more since these were taken but these are the most recent pics i have.  hope you like…

and a sneek peek at the roof.

the car is acctualy fully built back up now and on the road, just at the garage at the moment getting the injection properly set up and a few odds and sods to do with the wiring, should get it back soon.

ill get some up to date pictures next tine im back at home in a few weeks but for the mean time tese will have to do.

Tom

Back to the top
some pictures from xmas day in the snow with my mates GT.

enjoy  :D

Back to the top
here's a few pics of a nice little sunday drive that a few mates and i went for a few weeks ago, thort they were some cool shots.

and one of my new roof lining.  its not perfect but i love it lol

now the engines playing up unfortunatley, there is a thread in the engines section if you think you may be able to help.
thanks

Back to the top

amazin!

hi tom, i"ve only just found this "thread", and i just gotta say what a brilliant job! i"m sure lots of people would have got dispondant and given up, but all credit to you bud, you carried on, AND got it finished, and i think you should be well proud of yourself, keep up the good work, and hope you get your engine sorted, take care, al

Back to the top
cheers for the feed back dude, think its about due an engine conversion now so will be coming of the road again for a few months during my summer holidays and the interior still needs sorting but all will be sorted in time.

Back to the top
:D Glad to see you've got in the road, if only for a while, sometimes you forget how much fun there are!

Keep up the good work!

Back to the top
got a few more pictures with some mates car's from uni, got a new front spliter as well so let me no what you think. im not sure weather to go for a gti one or not?

and my personal favourite so far

looks like ot needs lowering more now though, but the sump is really close to the floor :(

Back to the top

engine bay makeover

right i've been busy again over the last 2 weeks and with a lot of help from a good mate of mine we have gone from this

to this

we were desperatly tyring to get it done in time for gti festival but missed the deadline by two days through silly mistakes (head gasket on upside down  :roll: lol) but no matter, at least it is done now.  it is not finished yet though, the wiring needs to be tidied up a lot and the battery still needs to be relocated.

heres a few more pics for those that are interested anyway…

andn a roof rack that i've made as well

Back to the top
mate that looks mustard, love the roof, is that a vinyl you got made? its a new twist on the matt rat look, not sure about the head lining, you need some old school biege seats to go in there

VOTE FOR MY CAR ON COTM :)
92 clipper, chrysler red, tt interior, 16" splits, slammed!

Back to the top
cheers dude, na the roof was just sprayed with rattle cans and then a stencil was cut out of a4 for the flowers then laquer over the top.  i didn't think the roof linning would apeal to most but i like it and for £15 i cant complain.  the interior is the last thing on the list so that will be sorted when my next student loan comes in i supose… :mrgreen:

Back to the top
keep up the good work young sir, that picture of you coming round the corner is epic, i would have that framed, its magazine material, do you fancy building me a tintop like that?

VOTE FOR MY CAR ON COTM :)
92 clipper, chrysler red, tt interior, 16" splits, slammed!

Back to the top
haha, i wish i had the time to do one for you but im strugling to find time to finish this one at the moment lol.

Back to the top
not much of an update but we pulled over to get some pictues on the way back to uni the other day.
my new favorite picture

unfortunatley this is why we pulled over  :banghead:

split the sump open i think although i havn't had a chance to have a propper look yet.
was tight getting it onto the recovery truck, was only millimeters away from the sump and had to lift the exhaust up so it didnt scrape lol.

anyways im finishing my forst year at uni in just over a week and starting 6 weeks of work experience at crazy quiffs which i am looking forward to so it should be up and running again in time for that.

Tom

Back to the top
not updated this for ages as not a lot has been going on really, just using it  :D  anyway i hav smartened up the interior a bit now so heres some pictures.

door cards

dash

seats

hope you like

tom

Back to the top
what a car! awesome work! that mk3 with the paint splattered bonnet looks wicked too, must be a badass creator of that car :P
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.