Skip navigation

Buxton 29th June - Mega Mk1 Meet II

Back to the top

Buxton 29th June - Mega Mk1 Meet II

Sunday June 29th, we're having a mega meet of mk1's.

Destination is the Cat & Fiddle in Buxton, let's see if we can match or beat February's total of 19 mk1's and a Scirocco  :mrgreen: .

Back to the top
Sounds good, didn't go to the last one so would be up for the next  :wink:

1989 VW GOLF GTI CABRIO

1997 VW POLO 1.0L

2003 VW PASSAT TDI 130 SPORT

Back to the top
Suggestion

How would people feel about making the meet into a club display at Sheffield Festival of Transport on the 29th June?

link

Transtar Promotions

The bad news for some will be an early start, needing to be on site before 11.00am.

Keep suggesting people  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
If we go to a show we will lose the identity, if we plan something along the lines as before and take over an area or place then this would be unique! But keep the suggestion coming in! :D

Back to the top
Could do same vicinity/direction as last time, or see how many North, West and Mid Wales members that are interested and go for Black Rock Sands instead, but really need more people to say if they are up for one thing or another.

More suggestions please  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
i'm up for it, how about buxton again ? it was a great drive down fantastic scenery and if the weathers a bit nicer it would be perfect. central(ish) location.

and if we arrive on time this time we could do the snakes pass cruise or whatever it was that we missed out on last time.

i was in the mars red gti

Back to the top
I'm well up for doing another meet and Buxton seems to be a decent location unless anyone else can suggest somewhere else central-ish that would suit us. :dontknow:

PS. I'm not leading any convoys this time.

Yradave says relax.

Back to the top

stusublime said

and if we arrive on time this time

:roll:

:mrgreen:

i'd be up for another big meet, won't be able to come in my mk1 though obviously

1983 Polo CL - daily

1984 Golf G60 Syncro - sold

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1992 Corrado G60 - crushed

1989 Polo C - chopped and crushed

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top
Is someone going to take the plunge and suggest a date and venue?

1989 VW GOLF GTI CABRIO

1997 VW POLO 1.0L

Back to the top
Is this not getting off the ground then??

1989 VW GOLF GTI CABRIO

1997 VW POLO 1.0L

Back to the top
I would be up for this.

1988 1.8 carb Golf Clipper

Back to the top
Hopefully there will be a bit of discussion at All Types this weekend and will see if it progresses but other than Buxton is there anywhere else you like a meet to take place?

Back to the top

yradave said

I'm well up for doing another meet and Buxton seems to be a decent location unless anyone else can suggest somewhere else central-ish that would suit us. :dontknow:

Stockport…

Back to the top
dunno what vehicle I'll have at the time, but if i still aint got a MK1 I'd either borrow a MK1 or show up in anything, but will do my best to be there, hopefuly wont be the only one from darn Sarf

Back to the top
I should be up for this, depends on work etc but if im free im there!!

Back to the top

Lawsy said

yradave said

Stockport…
:shhh:  :posh:

Yradave says relax.

Back to the top

Lawsy said

dunno what vehicle I'll have at the time, but if i still aint got a MK1 I'd either borrow a MK1 or show up in anything, but will do my best to be there, hopefuly wont be the only one from darn Sarf

Bring all the shandy-drinkers in your tranny (van) :y:

Yradave says relax.

Back to the top
Come on someone take the plunge and suggest a time, date and venue, Buxton is looking favourite for the venue at the mo  :wink:

1989 VW GOLF GTI CABRIO

1997 VW POLO 1.0L

Back to the top

yradave said

Lawsy said

Bring all the shandy-drinkers in your tranny (van) :y:

Might have to mate… wouldnt wanna be in tranny on those roads tho, be more fun in  mk1, hopefuly I'll be able to borrow one…

Back to the top

Re: Mega Mk1 Meet Again?

Dannyd said

Looking at the feedback and the people who came to the last meet, what are your thoughts on doing it again?
Looking at the events calender and other sites Sunday 29th June is looking like a good date but lets discuss! But as last time it all started as a passing comment between one region and another!

So lets look to do this again maybe gain some more publicity and hopefully better weather! :roll:

Date seems good and 1pm looks like a good time for everyone to arrive! so its over to you guys to decide on location and who's coming! Also if anyone has any contact from one of the magazines maybe invite them along?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.