Skip navigation

concours or modded?

As it left the factory or Modded?

concours {-} [4 votes]
light mods {-} [42 votes]
heavy mods {-} [18 votes]
This poll is closed. You cannot vote unless it is reopened.

Back to the top

concours or modded?

I'm a light mod man myself. I don't go go for body kits or flared arches and silly extra vents as they NEVER look right! Wheels, suspension, stuff like that is fine, oh and keep it in the VW family and classic or retro. Three spoke chrome spinners  by OZ, Khan or anybody else is a big mistake!

Tian

Back to the top
basic rule

no plastic - a plastic mod is not a mod its an additional eyesore.

if its a steel mod then it should be worth the effort i.e. engine/brakes/suspension/safety/security

Back to the top

Carbs4ever said

basic rule

no plastic - a plastic mod is not a mod its an additional eyesore.

if its a steel mod then it should be worth the effort i.e. engine/brakes/suspension/safety/security

That's my VR6 Chin Spoiler out then.

Tian :mrgreen:

Back to the top

ant5 said

k33ts said

starting to get the feeling my cars not going to be very welcome on the mk1 owners stands, ive got my name down for a few and have done almost everything that's getting a negative vote. :dontknow:

I guess that makes My vote modified then!

But if they were all original that would be boring, Your demonstrating what can be achieved, and the quality of the work you`ve done you should be proud of.

You will always be welcome on the stands rob  :D

nice to hear, that rear beam came out well by the way ant, with a bit of powdercoat and chrome, cheers

rob

www.keets-customs.co.uk

Back to the top
Bit of smoothage, deep wheels and slammage. (one of those flower holders out the beetle)

Back to the top
Light mods for me at the moment but i do appreciate a well put together modded Mk1 with say a tidy engine conversion etc which there have been a few in the last few years.
One thing i will say though is i dont agree with you fella`s on the brake situation.I took my Sportline to work the other day and the brakes were scary bad i literally had to give advance warning i was going to stop!! :(

keep on keeping on

Back to the top
Light mods on the outside (alloys/suspension/brakes) and big mods on the engine.

Had a medium-to-heavily modded Mk1 before the GTI and as a result the GTI feels old, slow, poorly braked and wallowy.

'82 Mk1 GTI 1600 UGY74X
(Mars Red, mostly…)

Back to the top
if we are talking about totally imaculate, then standard. if not, then anything can go. mk1's for me though, do not suit heavy mods.

Back to the top
for my car i have the system that if it didn't come from volkswagen either standard or extra then it will not makeit to my car.

mine has:
clipper kit
wolfsburg gear knob and doorlock pins. (original not on car when i brought it)
other than all extras added like electric windows and stuff. its standard.
however i am looking for some vw wheels.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.