Skip navigation

Mk1 Golf Cab

Back to the top

Mk1 Golf Cab

good job mate, looks good

Back to the top
Well just took receipt of the new hood and coilovers.

Hood FromBAS and Coilovers from HotTuning.

Debo keeping an eye on them.

Back to the top
Bet you can't wait to piece it all together now.

Back to the top
Its getting a bit like that now, but Ive had it some time and I'm not going to start rushing now. Slowly but surely is my motto on this car.

LMFAO

Nathan

Back to the top
hey dude, looks like some effort has gone into that build, do you work in a bodyshop?

i live in withington so probably around the corner, could do with getting some quotes off decent bodyshops as ive just had a shunt yesterday someone went into the back of my tintop.

the engine looks really good now, just one thing i noticed, i notice you painted the mating surfaces for the oil fitler housing and water pump, did you clean the paint off it first before refitting?

i only ask because ive got a rebuilt block that had the gasket faces painted and the first thing my friend said to me was clean the faces up, otherwise it wont make good enough contact and leak =[

best of luck iwth the rebuild

saf

Back to the top
I dont work in a bodyshop as such I have my own unit where I play cars.

Well after spending from 2pm Thursday until 7.30am Friday we now have colour.

Impressed with how the paints gone on and the laquer is some of the best Ive ever used at a very good price too.

So I had a little rest and returned at 12 to have a proper look round it, suprisingly the paint had gone off. So I pottered round for an hour or two and then started to flat it.

Tested a new polisher and polish on the top of the wing.

Back to the top
nice job, i want your garage!!!!

Back to the top

Back to the top
Only just seen this thread.
car looks awesome nath :)
scot told me u was doin a cabby today
we need to talk mine needs paint soon :P

OH btw can u fit hoods ?

Back to the top
Ahhh, now I know who it is. Long time no see dude.

I'll be fitting my own hood on mine, so depending on the outcome of that will determine my answer to weather or not I can fit hoods. :D

Back to the top
Car is looking superb, if you don't mind me asking how much would a small unit like that cost on a weekly basis.

<a href="http://www.golfcabrio.co.uk">New Golf Cabrio Forum NEEDS YOU</a>

<a href="url">http://www.golfcabrio.co.uk</a>

Back to the top

nath69uk said

Ahhh, now I know who it is. Long time no see dude.

I'll be fitting my own hood on mine, so depending on the outcome of that will determine my answer to weather or not I can fit hoods. :D

ha ha ye long time m8 i will have to call down with the bald 1 n check out ya work :P

didnt know u was into golfs!
shame martin sold his :(

ye will wait till u fitted your own roof then decide lol.

keep crackin on the the golf and if u need anything i just broke a gti cab so got oads of bits here u can have

catch ya laters :)

Back to the top
Martins got another one now ya know that black one Baxxy used to have.

I need a few bits and bobs, PM me your number mate I'll have to come and see you and grab some bits. ;)

Nathan

Back to the top
Well another day flatting and polishing the car, I have used the compound mop now and some g3 and its now getting better results that before.

The rear quater panel hasnt been flatted or polished here so you can deffinatly see the difference. The pictures actually make the paint look rougher than it is.

Hoping to have it finished tomorrow, well the polishing that is.

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top
Been down and seen this car in the flesh today and believe me its going to look awesome when its finnished.

Naths do a quality job on the pait it just looks so bright and clean :)

just needs to pull his finger out and get it ready for the aual gathering :P

Hopefully can get mine running rite by then as well

Keep up the good work fella :)

Back to the top
Looking good. Get a rattle can of matt or silk black paint and spray the two uprights in front of rad, then they won't show up thru the grille.

1983 Mars Red 1.8 Golf GTI
1987 Alpine White 1.8 Clipper Cabriolet

The trouble with doing nothing is that you never know when you are finished.

Back to the top
I thought about that but Im unsure or not to do it yet. Ill see when I get it back on the road.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.