Skip navigation

my new baby!! (UPDATED)

bumpers or no bumpers? (when matt black)

yes {-} [5 votes]
no {-} [4 votes]
This poll is closed. You cannot vote unless it is reopened.

Back to the top

my new baby!! (UPDATED)

yeah im hoping that it wont do though - them fuel lines look pretty well stuck on - prob need all lines replacing too! :banghead:

Back to the top

My new Baby (UPDATED PAGE 3)

Well its been a while now, but things have started to move again.  I have now sold my fiat bravo, and am now using the gti as my daily.  Its covered nearly 3500 miles in the last couple of months with not too many dramas - always managed to get it going again pretty quick (Im still carrying a pretty comprehensive tool box in the boot!).

Finally I have decided on a colour, and have started to paint it.  See pic below - not bad for the  first two coats!!  Hopefully get the car flatted down again tommorrow night after work, and a final coat put on it saturday morning, and with any luck, put back together in time for the trip down to club gti derby on sunday!

Back to the top

Re: My new Baby (UPDATED PAGE 3)

rossirvine said

That looks really nice.

T

Back to the top
cheers mate, really pleased with the finish so far - did it with a roller!! gloss is extremly good when polished - cant wait to get her final coat on!!

Plus the paint I got for it has a corrosion inhibitor in it so it should stop any rust ever developing! And has only cost me ?32 for the paint, and ?3 for a roller and tray!!  :lol: Winner :lol:

Back to the top

rossirvine said

hi jim - im just off newbold road at the doughnut end - st helens street.  Any help much appreciated!!
hey ross. nice looking motor. love the colour.

i used to live down that end of town, long time ago tho. i think the house i lived in is now ruffles hair dressers! near the spar. :)

i'll keep my eye out next time i'm in town. :)

ash

Back to the top
Looking very good for a roller paint job, well done.

Back to the top
Dope - I live down the side of the spar!!! Spooky!!

Well Ive got this weekend booked to give the whole thing a rub down with soapy 1200 grit wet and dry to get it smooth as a babys bum, and then polish like crazy!!  

I can already see my face in it so really looking forward to how it will look when its done!

Back to the top
looks great keep up the good work  :wink:

Back to the top
hi ross. i can't believe you rollered your car! it looks amazing!

will definately have to come and check it out sometime… when i get my wheels back on the road that is…

is dave's chippy still open? have you ever managed to eat a full portion of his 'big chips'???

:)

ash

Back to the top
afraid not - we have 2 chinese and a pizza place now  :(

Why we would want two chinese take aways next door to each other is beyond me though!!

Yeah anytime mate, in most weekends, come and have a nosey!

Back to the top
thanks mate.
i'll talk me mate al to drive me over in his 1600gti sometime…
interested in chatting to you about the roller paint job. :)
:)

ash

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.