Skip navigation

Driver, to 16 valver, 2017 rebuild!

Back to the top
This is gonna look mint when its finished. Can't wait to see it.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
Cheers Andy, I cant wait either :D , wanna push on towards xmas, see how far I can get.

Pete

Back to the top
Looking excellent, did you clean up the block etc yourself? Looks like new!

Unfortunately I'm not enough of a wheel whore to be able to identify the wheels, but they look sweet. Nuff dish  8)

Back to the top
Good work and like mentioned love what i can see of the wheels.

Back to the top

redpetemk1 said

A sneaky pic of one of the sets of rollers ive got for this,

I need sleep now, will keep it updated, sound :D

Pete

lookin good dude

Back to the top

tyeness said

Looking excellent, did you clean up the block etc yourself? Looks like new!

Unfortunately I'm not enough of a wheel whore to be able to identify the wheels, but they look sweet. Nuff dish  8)

Cheers for the comments.

The block was chemicaly clean by the engine reconditionors place where I had the machine work done, and they sprayed it black to keep the rust at bay till I could paint it.

The wheel is mocked up where I would like it sitting, so hopefully it will be somwhere near when front suspension is all built back up.

Will have some more pics up soon.

Cheers

Pete

Back to the top
Looking good Pete

Sneaky pic of wheel looks spot on 8)

76 ?
78 gls
83 gti 5v

Back to the top
Cheers Mark, the fronts will stick out a little bit further than that in the end, but not much.

Hows yours getting on?

Still have to come down and see you soon.

Pete

Back to the top
Cant wait to see the wheels properly. They look spot on so far!

Back to the top

ross_m said

Cant wait to see the wheels properly. They look spot on so far!

Cheers Ross, yeah wheels will be sweet  :D , they are a inch wider on the back than the fronts in the pic, so a bit more dish.

My 256 Vauxhall brakes only just fit in  8O , need to move a balancing weight as it hits the caplier and have it put somewhere else.

Might even get some camber adjustable top mounts  :wink:

Your mk1 is looking sweet on the steels by the way  8)

More pics on their way.

Pete

Back to the top
Cheers. Are yours split revolutions?

Back to the top

redpetemk1 said

Cheers Mark, the fronts will stick out a little bit further than that in the end, but not much.

Hows yours getting on?

Pete

Yea  done a bit more finished brake linkage ,I think you will be on the road before me.
I have given up polishing my wheels taking up too much time ,need to finish the car so going to send them to the polisher.

Maybe I pop up and see you give you a hand to get it running.Got much time off over xmas?

76 ?
78 gls
83 gti 5v

Back to the top

ross_m said

Cheers. Are yours split revolutions?

No.  :D

mark83 said

redpetemk1 said

Hows yours getting on?

Pete

Yea  done a bit more finished brake linkage ,I think you will be on the road before me.
I have given up polishing my wheels taking up too much time ,need to finish the car so going to send them to the polisher.

Maybe I pop up and see you give you a hand to get it running.Got much time off over xmas?

Yeah that would be cool, I have a bit of time off, just come back from vw, got all my new mounts, apart from I got given the wrong one for the g'box  mount :roll:

I should have the bottom end completely built up this weekend, and a few other bits done.

Pete

Back to the top

mark83 said

you on about mike? I now the ultiate dubs rush is already starting so hes busy lol

is it running yet pete?

Back to the top

golf_coupe said

mark83 said

you on about mike? I now the ultiate dubs rush is already starting so hes busy lol

is it running yet pete?

Not yet :roll:, need to order some more bits, and then drop it in the bay.

Picked up some mint raddo frt seats for not a lot of cash :D

Back to the top
i<3u :lol:

is it running yet pete :wink:

Back to the top
Seems as someone found my build thread, thought i would give it a little update.

I haven't really bothered with build threads as I just end up doing it, and forget to take pics, tho I have taken some more recently. Plus i want my mk1 to be a surprise, and people will see it at a meet, or show car park (not showing it, it's built for me :wink: ), and they won't have seen it before fully finished.

Anyway heres some super shonky mob phone pics from a few months back, Ive done quite a bit more now tho, but its still not running yet but not far off. Weathers too nice at the mo, always out riding and getting away for weekends :D  :roll:

Cheesy!

Cheers

Pete.

Back to the top

Back to the top

tamthebam16v said

coming along nicely m8 8)

Cheers mate, hows yours? Last time I rememeber you were sorting a few things out with it.

I am currently sorting the fueling etc, and the last bit of lenghting and shortening of the 16v loom at the mo.

Cleaning paint off all the injectors lines, metering head, trottle body etc, took bloody ages, and then I masked all the metering head up and injectors lines to give it some paint.

Pete.

Back to the top
The stance looks perfect 8)  I remember when my engine bay looked that fresh after painting :( Those pics have given me motivation to get it back to the way it was actually.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.