Skip navigation

mk1 on pistonheads.. anyone know it..?

Back to the top

mk1 on pistonheads.. anyone know it..?

paul_c said

There seems to be a trend which has developed: if someone advertises a car for sale, which is overpriced, its then fair game for some people here on the forum to have a pop at it. This tends to become quite sinister. Instead of sticking the knife in, why not simply say "I don't think its worth ?8000, I think its worth ?3000" or something along those lines.

In the end it doesn't matter, as the value is set by the buyer who buys a car for sale, not the opinions of a forum!
it's crept back in again, hasn't it.

Back to the top

paul_c said

There seems to be a trend which has developed: if someone advertises a car for sale, which is overpriced, its then fair game for some people here on the forum to have a pop at it. This tends to become quite sinister. Instead of sticking the knife in, why not simply say "I don't think its worth ?8000, I think its worth ?3000" or something along those lines.

In the end it doesn't matter, as the value is set by the buyer who buys a car for sale, not the opinions of a forum!

Yeah that maybe true to a degree, but if i advertised my car in such a way and pretended to have ploughed 27k into a car (dunno how?) and made it look that bad i would seriously expect to get ripped

sellers are as responsible as critics, especially if you put something on a higher plateu when it clearly is not!

There will always be an element of "mines 10 times better" from a lot of people, and not everyone likes every car despite build cost or whatever

I am seriously noticing a few people starting to really raise issue (needlesly imo) about people being negative on here, i think the majority is possitive stuff and that always out weighs the negative

you cant stop people voicing opinion even if your opinion differs

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top

paul_c said

There seems to be a trend which has developed: if someone advertises a car for sale, which is overpriced, its then fair game for some people here on the forum to have a pop at it. This tends to become quite sinister.

Paul

i would say we have all had our fair share of doing this though . So bit hard to now complain about it

But then again i guess it might put people off coming and joining the forum if all we are doing is slating other peoples cars , but it is a public forum and is a bit hard to police what people say about other peoples cars  :dontknow:

Back to the top

Topoftherange said

paul_c said

Yeah that maybe true to a degree, but if i advertised my car in such a way and pretended to have ploughed 27k into a car (dunno how?) and made it look that bad i would seriously expect to get ripped

sellers are as responsible as critics, especially if you put something on a higher plateu when it clearly is not!

There will always be an element of "mines 10 times better" from a lot of people, and not everyone likes every car despite build cost or whatever

I am seriously noticing a few people starting to really raise issue (needlesly imo) about people being negative on here, i think the majority is possitive stuff and that always out weighs the negative

you cant stop people voicing opinion even if your opinion differs

This is what a forum is all about is it not…? opinions…? just like some people have the opinion that campaigns are not special.. :roll:  if someone writes such an advert saying it is the best then there will be comments especially on this forum which is dedicated to the mk1.. lets see if the guy comes on here to defend his advert.. i think not..

Back to the top
There's no harm in opinions or debate, so long as we are inclusive, not exclusive.

Back to the top

butler said

lets see if the guy comes on here to defend his advert.. i think not..
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.