Skip navigation

Its no show car,but its mine. OH NO write off!! help please

Back to the top

Its no show car,but its mine. OH NO write off!! help please

Hi all,

I'm affraid that some idiot pulled out in front of me on Friday and I have just been told my Baby is a write off!!  Pics to follow!

I'm gutted ad her three years and only 2 months ago I finally got everything working!!!

Could you please help me value her for my argument with the insurance!

I know its not easy from pics but some of you would have seen her at dubs in the park this year, yes I was the random who turned up at the meet point in bracknell and parked near you!

90,000 ish (had to fit some new clocks after they were broken.)

Thanks in advance

I finally got an tonneau cover (indirectly through here), so I thought I would put some pics up because I'm well chuffed :D  :D  also got a new full set of side trims to put on! yay

Oh yeah and a cabriolet badge on the way!

Back to the top
woohoo looks pretty clean fella, glad your pleased and glad we got to see piccies!

they be 14 inch ra's?

Back to the top
:) looking good, roll on summer, oh might be worth investing in a hat.

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top
and a strap to keep it on your head  :banghead: :)

Back to the top

grungeisdead said

woohoo looks pretty clean fella, glad your pleased and glad we got to see piccies!

they be 14 inch ra's?

To be honest I have no idea what they are except they are 14's :dontknow:

Back to the top
I like this one to, none of the people in the pic are me by the way

Back to the top
No show car? Looks mint mate!

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

No show car? Looks mint mate!

The pics do make her look a bit cleaner that she actually is, there are a few bits that need sorting, but not too much

Back to the top
I had sorted the bits that needed sorting too!

see top of thread……..

Back to the top
I dont know mate, prices are all over the place but id guess at no more than ?1500 maximum

Back to the top

jody said

I dont know mate, prices are all over the place but id guess at no more than ?1500 maximum

yeah thats what i have her insured at…..

Back to the top

peanutpete said

jody said

yeah thats what i have her insured at…..

Did you have an agreed value policy at ?1500 then?

TBH, the only fair way to value a car is to compare it against similar cars for sale (which actually go on, to sell, not get relisted etc) so you'd need to look thru the Cars FS area, Auto trader, maybe even ebay, etc. There's a reason why this site doesn't have a convertible value guide.

Back to the top
once youve sorted a value out with the insurance firm you could also think about buying back from them. Could even be part of the negotiations for the value.

They will have written it off cause the costs of repairs is too much for what they see as a low value car. Chat to the garage its been assesed at and see whats needed to get it back on the road. You may fiend a smaller garage can do the work a lot cheaper, once youve done the bits you can do yourself.

Value wise looks clean, not sure on milage/service history or if hood replaced recently. But assuming overall solid and roof a couple of years old then around ?1800 - perhaps a little more if in summer.

If its not an agreed value, be interesting to what the insurance value it at first time round. My guess is around 600.
If you have an agreed value policy though, then surely thats the value.

1988 1.8 carb Golf Clipper

Back to the top
i bet you feel well sick about it i no i did.

last month i bought a polo gt and drove it 200 mile back home went to take it for the mot and it flew through but on the way home from the test centre some stupid split arse pulled out on me i was only doin 20mph and it wrote ma car off bent the roof and broke ma rist and thumb then because of the kinda job i have i lost it.

least now i have an engine for my mk1 golf lol

keep on dubbing

Back to the top
I've got ?1600, well that is what was agreed with the value-rs this morning, just waiting for that to be finalised.

I did not have an agreed value, they rang me this morning, ran through some details, then asked me what I though it was worth, I told them the examples I had found on Auto trader ranging from 1990 with 165,00 at ?1500 to one which was valued at ?2100, then told them the closest I could find to mine was one with 101,000 miles same reg plate at ?1890. they rang me back and said ?1600……

some pics from this morning…..

Back to the top
OH no, gutted   :cry: . It must be awful to see all your years of hard work and pride sat there like that. ?1600 sounds reasonable enough to me for a Clipper, but i'd try ?1750 and just see what they say. Don't want to push it too far tho!

Good luck.

1989 MK1 VW Golf GTi Cabriolet, 'All White Edition' - currently having a new blue roof fitted. Yes it's not white but it requires less Cif to clean :)

Back to the top

all_whiteGTi said

OH no, gutted   :cry: . It must be awful to see all your years of hard work and pride sat there like that. ?1600 sounds reasonable enough to me for a Clipper, but i'd try ?1750 and just see what they say. Don't want to push it too far tho!

Good luck.

Sounds like a plan.

Back to the top
you gonna buy it back if they let you, probably buy it back for ?200.

doesn't look to major from here new front quater (seen them for sale on ebay brand new ?130) and couple of panels.

Back to the top
every panel to repair that can put cut of a scrap car contact crazyquiff he'll have them.  make sure you buy it back.  it'll cost you about ?300 ( from what i can see)  to repair her and then you got  ?1000 to spend on mods or whatever you want

hello!

Back to the top

rov716y said

every panel to repair that can put cut of a scrap car contact crazyquiff he'll have them.  make sure you buy it back.  it'll cost you about ?300 ( from what i can see)  to repair her and then you got  ?1000 to spend on mods or whatever you want

300 quid to repair it,mate,how do you work that out?needs a new front panel which isnt a quick job to cut out and weld in nicely plus it looks to me like  the inner wing is pushed in which will need to be proffessionaly pulled out,no way 300 fella.

keep on keeping on
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.