Skip navigation

New cash = new roof!!! NOW WITH DODGY PICS

Back to the top

New cash = new roof!!! NOW WITH DODGY PICS

I will be changing mine in a few weeks and may go to

http://www.carhoodsnorthern.co.uk/vwgolfmki.htm

Because of this in the information on the hood

"Hood made as original in the correct grain material with heat embossed sides and heatsealed seams turned with piping. Metal stiffener rods inserted into piping at sides as original. Manufactured by quality OEM hood supplier BAS International"

Is the one you are having fitted to this spec? As i'm not sure who to go to now. Perhaps they are all to this spec?  

carhoodsnorthern will travel to me to fit, from the north for a total cost of about 370ish but said that if other want to have them done together it would cost a little less..

Also if not the white then the red i think… but i will go for the standard white as i'm afraid of making an expensive mistake 8O.  What about Beige vinyl of dark brown mohair?

Back to the top
I say blue, can't help bu laugh at the ginger wig comment!!  :lol:

reverse is the way forward

Back to the top
Well it's fitted. The guy did it in record time as the previous hood was fitted so badly there was no glue where there should have been and there were no staples where there should have been. Basically it was just thrown on really badly.

Anyway the colour looks spanking and it's as tight as a drum. It's raining now so the car's tucked up again but when it eases I'll take some snaps.

Tian :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Great glad its all done.  Can't wait to see it, what colour did you go for?

Back to the top
Burgundy mate, a proper Pimp My Ride job.

Tian :lol:

Back to the top
:lol:

Cool,  I think the clipper cabs can pull off a strong colour, but my early one will just look freakish

Back to the top

NOW WITH DODGY PICS

Okay ladies and gents, a couple of pics, not very good I admit but I have concerns. There appears to be a pucker in the hood. The fitter said not to worry about and that it would even out but after two days it's the same.

Basically, has anyone that's had a new mohair fitted had this issue? I don't want to panic and complain but at the same time if it doesn't 'even out' then it's gonna have to be done again because let's face it, a new hood should be perfect.

Tian :|

Back to the top
That colour is very nice mate, more like a very deep red than a burgandy

Looks lovely suits the white perfect, good choice

Back to the top
Wasn't too sure about the colour when you first said about it, but it looks ace 8)

They do take a little time to settle, if it's still like it after a week the I would call him back.  Keep the roof up and let the weather at it.  Looks like it is, but presume it's tight across the top of the roof?

Banner

Back to the top
Its certainly bright!! :D

Is it evenly coloured?  i.e. sides compared to top.  As the images makes it look a little different.  but regardless of the pic and the little slag (which i'm sure you won't accept if it doesn't come out) it looks very nice.  Great way to have a  change for a few years  :D

Back to the top

ew said

Looks like it is, but presume it's tight across the top of the roof?

Cheers mate, it's as tight as drum so that's good but I have to say I'm slightly worried about the pucker. I'll wait on it for a week and see what happens.

Tian :wink:

Back to the top
looks really good! it will come out the after a few weeks! my mk 3 cab and my mk 1 cab had the same issues! but after the wheather and me raising and closing it a few times! it was fine!

Back to the top
Looks good mate, dont worry about the crease bit, it will soon dissapear, its just where the fabric has "memory" and it will settle, i would get it wet and "break" it in once its been open and closed and takes its slack it will be fine

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top
Mate that looks so nice! good choice on the red!! looks so nice and it matches really nice with the rear lights!! tight as too! :lol:

Weber,ATS,Apex,Ripspeed,Supersprint,K&N MOMO..tbc

Back to the top

brucieboy said

Mate that looks so nice! good choice on the red!! looks so nice and it matches really nice with the rear lights!! tight as too! :lol:

Thanks for that mate. I'm thinking of picking it our with a red insert to the side strip. I've been meaning to change it since I bought the car as it currently has a nasty mauve insert.

Tian :wink:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.