Skip navigation

rant

Back to the top

rant

Worth bearing in mind that FTJ has already contravened our rules, due to language (foul language). But he's served his time (banned for a month and returned). Looking around at many other forums:

1. They might have banned him on its first occasion, based on one person's decision, rather than going through the 3 strikes and making sure >1 person was involved in the decision to ban.
2. The ban might have been permanent instead of 1 month.
3. They might have merely allowed bad language to be the order of the day and never have been banned in the first place!

So, are we as a club doing things right? Discuss.

Back to the top
yes i think as a club if swearing is to be outlawed then why get 3 warnings? surely 1 is enough???????

Back to the top
txt speak is one of my pet hates, Have any of you guys ever been on any local boy racer forums??? their language and spelling is terrible lol

this guys thread is nothing compared to some of the threads on some of 'those' forums

I saw a crinkly peanut tomorrow

Back to the top
i think some people on here should get off their high horses take a deep breath an help the kid out. don't get so frustrated

Back to the top
we do help more than some people seem to think :banghead:

Back to the top
how is posting a thread singling out one person and bashing him for his grammar helping him?

Back to the top
its not just one person that was the point i never stated it was ftj someone else did or didnt read that bit

some people need to respect other by typing in english im a thicko(dyslexic) and i manage it whats there problem :dontknow:

Back to the top
you were blatantly on about him tbh i think this thread is uncalled for an should be deleted

Back to the top
it was about someone else actualy but hey im not going to mention who just incase you get a bee in your bonnet

anyway who is ftj :dontknow:
 :mrgreen:

Back to the top
I'm more interested in the general principle of people who post on the forum, rather than singling out individuals. Please can we keep it to a general lever, rather than personal.

So the area of discussion is:

Do we tolerate poor English or typing, or do we (maybe subconciously) prefer to post replies and help people out, who post well-written and well-explained queries?

Back to the top
paul we all post replies when we can understand whats being asked you know as well as me it didnt matter what we said the ramblings got worse to the point 3 or 4 people asked what the problem was and the replies were that we must have been thick not to understand what he was saying?

Back to the top

paul_c said

Do we tolerate poor English or typing, or do we (maybe subconciously) prefer to post replies and help people out, who post well-written and well-explained queries?

If I cant understand what is being described or said, I move on

If someone writes a well written query, then chances are you can virtually pin point the problem, but if it is a very vague description  it could be 5/6/7 different things and my typing speed is only just a tad quicker than our dogs and it would take up to much time typing them out, so I suppose, if I feel there's a good chance of the time it takes to type out a response is going to be of benefit I'll do it.

Conclusion: If the author of a topic puts the time into presenting a clearish picture of their problem, I'll probably put the time in to respond.

Back to the top

GAMMYGOLFGTI said

paul_c said

If I cant understand what is being described or said, I move on

If someone writes a well written query, then chances are you can virtually pin point the problem, but if it is a very vague description  it could be 5/6/7 different things and my typing speed is only just a tad quicker than our dogs and it would take up to much time typing them out, so I suppose, if I feel there's a good chance of the time it takes to type out a response is going to be of benefit I'll do it.

Conclusion: If the author of a topic puts the time into presenting a clearish picture of their problem, I'll probably put the time in to respond.

i'd igree with that

83 BBS MK1 GTI 69 T2 PANEL VAN i am back let the trouble begin :)

Back to the top
me too :clap:

Back to the top
Well yeah…but…no…but yeah but no but……….I is finking its propa to speek da quiens Inglish innit coz dats d rooles innit

Restepka :wink:

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top
though alex does have a point, gammy has put it about right. attempting to type in as correct a grammer as you can, does have an effect of seeming civil and polite. this has the effect of being taken more seriously and a better willingness to help. snobbish? maybe it is. does it wind certain people up? maybe it does. lets face it, we kind of turn into our dads and don't like txt type in the same way our dads hated house music. it is though, a bit like saying pleases and thankyous. doesn't take much effort and will get you a bit further than you may think.
 i am one of those cantancerous old farts who just wants to grab some of the yoots by the scruff and yell as loud as i can right in their faces 'WEAR A BELT OR BUY SOME TROUSERS THAT BLOODY FIT' but i do feel we could be a little bit more tollerent (though increasing age does the right not to be) and the yoots? it won't hurt to be a bit more sympathetic towards us farties.
 what was the question again?

Back to the top
write in a simple way we can understand and dont be aggresive if your asked to explain. as we dont understand and and are only trying to help

my grammer is terrible  :banghead:

sorry

83 BBS MK1 GTI 69 T2 PANEL VAN i am back let the trouble begin :)

Back to the top
I read the thread in question and moved on too - it just goes to show that if you ask a question clearly you'll get a clear answer, and also that if someone has taken the time to help you out it's at least polite to read what they've written.

I also can't be bothered to read txt spk - I find it infuriating! But please keep the 3 strike rule for swearing as it's easier than you think to stray across the line :oops:

That's my 2p anyway

Rich

Back to the top
ITS ALSO A PAIN IN THE BACKSIDE IF SOMEONE TYPES IN CAPITAL LETTERS ALL THE TIME TOO, DUNNO IF ANYONE DOES IT ON HERE BUT I SEEN ON SOME OTHER FORUMS THEY ALWAYS TYPE IN CAPITAL LETTERS AND IT TEKS HALF HOUR TO READ

Ya get me? :mrgreen:

Back to the top
no
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.