Skip navigation

r1 or busa carbs

Back to the top

r1 or busa carbs

cheers crazyquiff had a feelin that was gonna be the end result lol. ah well guess i know what i can't do now lol.

what does the kit consist of and is the rebuild something i would be able to do being a novice at that kind of thing??

Back to the top
PM'D

Back to the top
You get all the gaskets and seals, float valve, accel pump diaphragm, and a vac diaphragm.

It's pretty easy to rebuild a carb as long as you note where everything goes and give it a good clean.  I've always found pretty much that the rebuild kits make a big difference in all the carbs I've done.  Done about 6 various types over the years.  The key thing is getting the engine setup properly afterwards.

The main thing that kills carbs is the auto choke, worn spindle shafts (most likely) or cracks (unlikely)

Cheers

Rich

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top
sorry if i sound dumb but whats a spindle shaft?

Back to the top

rustys_mk1 said

Its an internal part of the carburettor, I think (not sure) its the main shaft which the butterfly valve sits on. Wear here means that at idle (almost closed) the amount of air it lets past, is inconsistent.

Back to the top

paul_c said

rustys_mk1 said

Its an internal part of the carburettor, I think (not sure) its the main shaft which the butterfly valve sits on. Wear here means that at idle (almost closed) the amount of air it lets past, is inconsistent.

Bang on!

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top
just been lookin on club polo and theres quite a few people on there running r6 carbs on 1300s so just thought i'd let you know i wasn't only one thinkin it was poss. just need them re jetting for a 1.3 but r6 air flow is ok for 1.3 also need an r6 fuel pump which could be a bit of a headache but doable.  

http://www.clubpolo.co.uk/forum/index.php?act=Search&CODE=show&searchid=d45c8d5bc29b8c3077bf3ff65f019225&search_in=posts&result_type=topics&highlite=%2Bbike+carbs

Back to the top
do abl but no power gain really. sounds awesome though.

Back to the top
Im with you rusty, got a 1.3 which tbh is slow and i want it to be rapid.

Tbh i hate my engine, it sucks and seems like its fully unreliable….

I want a new engine and i could get a mk3 golf for like 4-600 which would be a perfect donor car for me, plus the fact itd make my car more reliable considerign id have a newer better engine.

Basically, how hard would the swap be, as i could see were it all goes int he mk3.

Wouldnt this make my mk1 more reliable too, making this one of the best options to do…

Back to the top
i'm not lookin too swap my engine ftj as i like the driver engine and can't be arsed with the hassle of swapping it for something else……

i think a mk3s mounts are tottally different so youd be better off lookin for something out of a mk3 polo or mk2 golfnwould make your life much easier. and yeah prob will be more reliable but depends on how good the engine you put in is if its on its way out will be just as much if not more hassle.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.