Skip navigation

project muppet

Back to the top

project muppet

8)
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
Alright saf, if you need 3mm spacers i can make them just send me the dimensions. I can do them in ally or stainless ?15 for ally or ?20 for stainless posted  :wink: Could even put your name in em or  muppet that could be good  :lol:

1989 VW GOLF GTI CABRIO

1997 VW POLO 1.0L

2003 VW PASSAT TDI 130 SPORT

Back to the top
Alright Kev,

Thanks for the offer mate, ill see what kind of spacers i need with the routes and when i get them and let you know, my current ones are  universal so arent ideal.

can you make a plate that could sit between the rear axle and stub axle to extend the track by 10mm? ill get pics of what i mean when edition 38 is back up.

thanks dude

saf

Back to the top
If its just a flat plate then it shouldn't be a problem, best seeing pics though

1989 VW GOLF GTI CABRIO

1997 VW POLO 1.0L

Back to the top
kev -they look like this

got the shift rod linkages all painted up and sorted, just awaiting a goodie pack from missing linkz with a teflon accelerator pedal push, shift rod bush, headlight wiring relay and weighted shift rod that just takes the place

Shift rod linkages painted, all new bushes and tsr linkage

The top golden bar is being replaced with a weighted shift rod from missing linkz, also coming is a teflon shift rod bush and accelerator pedal bushing, and an uprated headlight wiring loom.

some shiney bits - top radiator cover, coil cover and brand new fuel pump (it wont be used on the engine but will just look nice and shiney on the block)

Some odds n sods, service related parts (all new bar the leads - coil, 22.2 passat mc, sparks, gaskets, tie rod ends and belts)

new water pump and 90a alternator (needs cleaning up)

Stuff to do

Stuft to get - Pre MOT

* Backbox

Brakes - Pre MOT

* Enlarge Bulkhead Hole
* Fit 22.2mm Master Cylinder
* Plumb Brake lines and brake switch
* Bleed Brakes

Other Pre MOT Jobs to fit

* Refit Gearlinkage
* Fit Coil/Sparks/Belts/Leads
* Plug Expansion Tank Hole
* Fit Facet Pump & Filter
* Fit new mech pump and block off outlets
* Fit Inlet Manifold
* Fit Carbs
* Plumb fuel lines
* Fit throttle linkages
* Mount Oil Cooler
* Change Oil
* Fit Front Splitter

Back to the top
Piece of cake. I will need a drawing or a sample to work off though

1989 VW GOLF GTI CABRIO

1997 VW POLO 1.0L

Back to the top
ill make a paper template with measurements from my spare stub axle. i need wait until i get my routes to find out how much spacing i can get away with but id probably be after a set of spacers for the rear (as per above pic around 10mm) and two spacers for the front big enough to clear the brakes,

when ive worked it all out ill drop you a pm, could probably sort you out the magnecor leads and csv for them if you wanted?

cheers kev, your a legend

Back to the top
Sounds good matey  :D

1989 VW GOLF GTI CABRIO

1997 VW POLO 1.0L

Back to the top
turns out the new master cylinder isnt really suitable for my application and without a servo will make it harder to stamp on the brakes so teh std one just went back on.

re-fitted the gear linkage, but its super stiff now, too stiff for my liking, its coming off again, gotta do a few tweeks and rebuild teh shifter base and drill out the rivits that hold the shift rod bush in place

fitted new sparks, leads, dizzy cap, rotor arm, clutch cable, and chucked 3 litres of fresh oil in there (previously put half a litre in the new filter when that was fitted and drained the oil the other day

chopped down some manifold studs to mount the inlet manifold but two were bent and by that time i was bored so gonna chop some more up and test fit on the head in the house and have the carbs on for tuesday/wednesday. need to get some aluminium sheeting cos i want to make a bracket mounts the bulkhead where the coil resides to mount the pump/reg and coil

and the recaros came, subframes are gettin welded in the next week or so, gotta pass them on to a mate

Back to the top
got pally with mr hacksaw again today and cut down some more manifold bolts that werent bent this time  :oops:  fookers

bolted it up to the head in the house to check it all fitted ok, jobs a good un

you can just see to the right that I've blocked off the vacuum take off, ill be pluggin two vacuum lines into this for the vacuum guage in the car and one to the dizzy

stuck the carbs on so i could get the fuel lines measured up, the one of the left is a bit short so ill be sorting that oot.

spent a while working out where i wanted to mount the filter king for neatness of the plumbing in the bay and noticed too coincedentally placed holes, so ill be cutting the mounting plate that came with it and drilling some new holes in it to mount it to the carb, should look pretty cool when its all fitted.

means i can also retain the original coils placement and just mount the fuel pump on the bulkhead next to it.

when i get round to doing the bay I'm either going to chop out the rain tray completely or thinking of louvering the panel so its open in front of the carbs, and incorate vents in the sides of the wings to vent air into the rain tray and into the path of the carbs. not sure out much air would be sucked in from the vents being placed so far up the wing (right next to the doors/windscreen) but will be interesting anyway if i do it

Back to the top
got my angle grinder today happy days

first to get chopped up was the throttle pedal for fit the 2-1 adaptor

sytec one fitted, got a weber one coming instead cos it uses grub screws instead of this one which i think uses the solderless nipples but either way its shite

broom broooom

drilled out the rivits for the shift rod bush

painted up the new rear ally caliper i got

whipped some bits off beena and painted them up, rear wishbone mounts with arb brackets and the rear arb and all those brackets

few bits to fit tomorrow :-

refit all the gear linkage
plug expansion tank hole
fit uprated wiring loom and smoked indis

also gotta get angle grinder happy on the short shift adaptor to shave a few mm off the edges to clear the block.

got a sheet of metal to make a bracket for the throttle cable holders, will cut that out tomorrow and drill holes for the throttle cable adjusters.

might mount the filter king and pump if i get round to it.

ordered a few more bits to finish the carb assembly, alot more bits were needed than i first anticipated but better doing it all now that fannying around later.

anyway quick list of those bits

fuel pump inertia switch
weber pedal block
heatwrap and stainless ties
2ms of overbraided fuel lines

and need to find a relay in the house to wire up the pump from the igntion, big thanks for mk1nath on the mk1 owners club for loads of advice and pictures and stuff while ive been gettin me head round this all.

woohoo

Back to the top
no worries dude!!
its been fun.

cant wait to see if all back together and running.
gonna be a mean green machine!

93' cab in need of a miracle

Back to the top
cheers dude :)

twas raining on and off today but got a fair few odds n sods done

made up the bracket for the throttle cables and had to file a wee bit of the throttle cable hole so it fitted properly

you can just see it fitted in the far left

oil cooler fitted and a few wires tidied out the way, fitted the headlight loom

fitted the front wishbone mounts from the gti for the arb mounts, refitted the gearlinkage and shift rod bush housing, cleaned up and flushed rad, fitted new lower hose as the old one was cracked and blocked off the expansion tank hole

oh also fitted smoked indis

tomorrow i gotta

set the shift finger stop gap and fit weighted shift rod
wrap the 4 branch in heatwrap
fit pump, reg, relay and then get the inlet manifold and carbs on if all goes well

oh and chin splitter woot

still waiting on an inertia switch which should be here tomorrow hopefully.

Back to the top
bracket looks neat mate!

93' cab in need of a miracle

Back to the top
Some good work going on here Saf,keep it up :D

Speeding is like masturbation, everyone does it ,but it's not something you should record and put on the internet!! 

Back to the top

mk1nath said

bracket looks neat mate!

cheers nath  8) soz i  missed ya earlier i was watchin some cheesy van damme flikc haha

Back to the top

collo16v said

Some good work going on here Saf,keep it up :D

cheers dude :)

im looking forward to seeing yours at a show, did you end up going to castle coomb ?

Back to the top
woopagio

picture of the throttle bracket

made a bracket to hold the pump and reg

fitted that and new coil/holder

heat wrap on

chin splittay on

and the oz routes came woot, me mams picking up some brand new yoko a539 195/45/14s for me at the weekend so i need to try and blag her into coming up to manchester to drop em off haha

tried to mount the inlet manifold but it was catching against the 4 branch, took a bit off with a grinding disc but more needs to come off tomorrow, once they are on i can get the carbs on and plumbed in, also gotta find somewhere to mount the inertia switch and then wire up the electrics for it all but thats how shes gonna sleep till wednesday after the next 2 exams

Back to the top
well exams are nearly over 1 left wooop.

sun has been out in force this week but instead of playing with the car i've been immersed in gta 4 haha.

anyway messed about with the inlet manifold again took some more off it with the angle grinder and it'll almost go on fully, but got bored at that job so started with the wheels

got a few more coats to do over the week, not sure if I'm going to detail the inner bits black now cos I'm liking them all white but i'll see when I'm done

Back to the top
VERY nice wheels.

Personally, I'd keep them white so you've got the big green bit of the car against the white bits of wheels. (well I know what I mean, anyway :lol: )

PS. I have wheel envy. :oops:

Yradave says relax.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.