Skip navigation

2.0l 16v charged - track action vid 7/9/09

Back to the top

2.0l 16v charged - track action vid 7/9/09

Nice pics! Car sure looks the business!

Back to the top
New wheels…

oohhh yeah!!! The tyres are being changed soon (so if anyone wants some 175/50/15s i'll have some for sale), and the rears need a small spacer to match the fronts, but what you think?

Daily - 05 plate B6 A4 Avant S Line, with 19s for the summer.. wifes car - Rare Seat Exeo ST Sport 170 Tech
Weekend - MK2 20vt monster - Plus a mk1 caddy I am fixing for my bro

Back to the top
Wicked - the new wheels look hardcore!

Back to the top
cheers dude, give me a few weeks and ill have the proper tyres on them and i will polish them up too as they are a bit dirty at the mo.

Daily - 05 plate B6 A4 Avant S Line, with 19s for the summer.. wifes car - Rare Seat Exeo ST Sport 170 Tech

Back to the top
are they bbs RX2's i have 3 more if you split one  :lol:

g40'd ratter

<div><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://w139.photobucket.com/pbwidget.swf?pbwurl=http://w139.photobucket.com/albums/q312/Forgeman/75e604af.pbw" height="120"

Back to the top
they are made by revolution, they are fake splits so i have less to worry about when on track, no extra joint to make sure its sealed, also the lip's a diferent shape to the bbs ones,

Back to the top
I like the way the brakes fill the space behind the wheel;-)

Back to the top
theres a fag paper between the caliper and the rim, but so long as its clears i dont care  :lol:  monster brakes rule!!!!

Back to the top

M7R said

theres a fag paper between the caliper and the rim, but so long as its clears i dont care  :lol:  monster brakes rule!!!!
yeah, monster brakes on a mk1 for the win!!

Back to the top
A small update,

Tonight I finally got round to cleaning the wheels after the new tyres had been fitted, so im now running so some 195/45s which look pimp and sit perfectly on the rim!

Also my new pressure plate has arrived.

Back to the top
looking good mate...

Back to the top

Lawsy said

looking good mate…

Its getting there….slowly! Theres still soooo much more I want to do, and thats before I even reach 25 and then the fun really starts as the 8v will be coming out and something else will be going in.

Back to the top
I'm at 1:26 on Donny in my Mark 1…..

Mark 1 GTi Campaign - Track Toy

GSXR 600 K5 Race Bike

R6 Track Bike

Kia Sorento - dont laugh - need it to pull the caravan!

Lexus IS200

5 Shih Tzu's and 1 Minitaure Schnauzer

2 Grandkids

1 Caravan

Hardly any time for anything other than work and t

Back to the top
yours looks a bit more hardcore than mine, plus what spec eng you got etc? (ill check out your build thread) Mine should be faster now due to better brakes and grip, I will get timings in Oct when im next back there.

Back to the top
Loving your car M7R read the whole thread nearly creamed myself when I saw you new rev alloys looks very nice!!!
Also liked the cold air feeds in you grill seen in on sooo many boy racers but your car pulls it off WAAAAAAAYYY better look fandabbydoesy! good work!! I want a tin top!! GRRR  8)

Niiiiiiiice! good work!

Back to the top

ChrisRivage said

Loving your car M7R read the whole thread nearly creamed myself when I saw you new rev alloys looks very nice!!!
Also liked the cold air feeds in you grill seen in on sooo many boy racers but your car pulls it off WAAAAAAAYYY better look fandabbydoesy! good work!! I want a tin top!! GRRR  8)

Niiiiiiiice! good work!

My car is purely form following fuction, everything is done for a reason, not for looks  :)

If the weathers nice this weekend I plan to drop the allows on and make sure all is ok and take some proper pics (then ill tap you up for a cartoon pic please  :lol: )

Next spring it will be on the road and I plan to do as many shows as poss in it so plenty of chances for people to see it in the flesh and quiz me for info  :lol:

Back to the top
update time:

this weekend has been all about Borris. - I have finally done the clutch which was well past its best, I tried to get the uprated 16v presure plate to work but this was no good as the clutch wouldnt dis-engage, so it was all taken apart again, checked, box back on and still no good….so the box was off again! then rebuilt with the new clutch plate but the old pressure plate and that seemed to work. Im just hopng its man enough for the abuse it gets given on track….we will know at the end of the month!

I have also finally got my reto spoiler on the mk1 and because it had a test drive, the crabby vaux wheels were removed and the proper wheels were put on. this was the first time they had been on with the proper tyres on them, so my brother got busy with the camera.

Back to the top
Looking good  8)

Back to the top
been back on track again!!!!  :D  had a really fun day (despite the green gearbox end plate leaking oil all over the wheel and disk meaning missing a session while i shoot to vw for a new one and then a hastly repair in the lunch break!)

Chasing Ant…

In the pits after a run

(the white mk1 was a beast!!!!! owned by 2 old retired blokes who had spent serious money on it!!! 1.8T running 280+bhp, willwood 4pots with monster discs, rear discs too, compo wheels, the full works!!! they had not long come back from a road trip to Spa!!!!!!! lucky gits!!!)

Heading out on track with Chris who was with us on the day,

Chasing down Chris's mate Liam, (it was his first trackday so he wsnt pushing too hard…)

The best bit of the day…..whooping the Ferrari!

Borris looking pimp!

Back to the top
I have been shopping and I ow have a list of jobs for christmas!

Over the last 2 months I have got:

New 16V pressure plate,
New 8V clutch kit (inc 8v pressure plate just in case)
16V servo and MC to go on
mk2 rear disc conversion (I still need the rear discx, hand brake cables,  to clean the carriers up and paint them!!)
I also have to make a lower strut brace still as well!

Also to go with the rear discs conversion I have just got a pair of brand spanking new mk4 alloy calipers and green stuff pads for ?95 to my door!!!!  8)

Wish me luck!!! as im going to need it!

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.