Skip navigation

2.0l 16v charged - track action vid 7/9/09

Back to the top

2.0l 16v charged - track action vid 7/9/09

I thought it was about time I got some pics up and a thread going on my mk1.

the specs so far are:

1983 GTi built for track use and summer B road bashing.

Engine:

9A 2.0 16v engine
modded S2 inlet manifold
cosworth injectors on a mk4 fuel rail
megasquirt fuel injection ecu
Eaton M62 super charger on custom bracket
big front mount intercooler
mk3 16v throttle
windage tray to help control oil frothing

Suspension

FK coil overs, Polished adjustable front top brace, OMP lower front brace. poly mounts all round

Wheels

Road wheels: Compomotive MO's 7x15" et35

Interior

Fully stripped out,
Safety devices rear cage,
Cobra Monaco S seats
Ricco Racing FIA 3" webbing harnesses
Gauges fitted in radio hole.

Exterior

De-bumpered,
Aerial removed,
rear wiper removed,
Name stickers on the rear side windows.
Zender spoiler
Plastic windows

Brakes

MK2 16v master cylinder and servo
Golf mk3 GTi caliper with spacer brackets
G60 280mm discs
dot5.1 fluid
mk2 rear disc conversion with mk4 calipers
grooved discs front and rear
yellow stuff pads

so what you all think?

Daily - 05 plate B6 A4 Avant S Line, with 19s for the summer.. wifes car - Rare Seat Exeo ST Sport 170 Tech
Weekend - MK2 20vt monster - Plus a mk1 caddy I am fixing for my bro

Back to the top
very nice bet it goes well :D

Back to the top
i can do a lap of donny national in 1:35 with passenger, so not too shabby  8)  should be fater with the new brakes as that was with 239mm discs which cooked after 3 laps  :lol: but i was still able to beat a porsche. :lol:  :twisted:

Daily - 05 plate B6 A4 Avant S Line, with 19s for the summer.. wifes car - Rare Seat Exeo ST Sport 170 Tech

Back to the top

M7R said

but i was still able to beat a porsche. :lol:  :twisted:
i guessed that by looking at your sig lol 8)

Back to the top
Looks blinking good fun, good looking car.
Whats it cost to go round donny? Sounds like fun.

www.cw-se.com

"Video et taceo"

Back to the top
I've heard some different stories about Newman cams, how do you them find em?

Nice car BTW!

1983 MK1 PIRELLI EDITION

Alpine White LHD ("SOLD")

Back to the top
Donnys not "too" much, depends when you go, from now till oct/nov time its ?180 i think for a day, so a bit much, but evening sessions in summer are ?100 and worth it esp if its queit, but keep any eye out as i maybe told about some cheap days. last year I did donny, evening in July so good weather and warmish, open pitlane for ?72! barginous!

On the newmans, I love it, loads of low pull from 1k upwords, gets to 2k and it goes a little faster, gets to 2500rpm and the it really starts right round to 6k! it should be better later in the years as i think my metering heads a bit past its prime so i may get another as a spare and look at cleaning mine out to see if that works, then if not whack another on.

Back to the top
Good looking car - and in the best colour too!!  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
Still looking good,we must terrorise a track together soon :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Speeding is like masturbation, everyone does it ,but it's not something you should record and put on the internet!! 

Back to the top
aye Im hoping to be on track after I finish uni as a way to let off some steam so not too long!

also on the plus side - I HAVE BRAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8O  :lol:  :D  :twisted:  my bargin master cylinder from the scrappy off a audi 80 has finally given in to me!!! i had to get a eazybleed thing that conects to the tyre and run it a little higher than the 20psi it says  :twisted: but all the brakes have now bleed, and all 4 outlets give fluid so ive plumbed in the brke light switch to one of the spare ones.

the only issue now is that the adaptor brakes are STILL catching my discs!!!  :banghead:  :evil:  so they need another touch with the grinder, but while they are dragging they are making a groove on the surface (luckly at the very inside edge of the disc) and making pushing the car in and out on my own impossible! but hey ho, suh is life.

Back to the top
hello just wonding where you got your cage from?
also is it weld or bolt in fia all the gumpth please :mrgreen:

g40'd ratter

<div><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://w139.photobucket.com/pbwidget.swf?pbwurl=http://w139.photobucket.com/albums/q312/Forgeman/75e604af.pbw" height="120"

Back to the top
my cage is a bolt in one. it came from a mate who broght a track car for the parts as the shell was past its prime a little, but he didnt want the cage in his so it sat in his shed for a couple of years then I took it off his hands.

Back to the top
I HAVE BRAKES THAT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

does it show  im happy!  :lol:  i have finally been able o get the 280mm brackets to clear the discs, its lefta  few marks on them but shoud be fine.

I have also just sold my wheels so im off tomorrow to order my fancy new ones  8)  :wink:

Roll on summer!

Back to the top
ooh the fun and games done stop!! I have new wheels too, but like everything these didnt go on easy!!

I got my self some Compomotives for a good price, went tp pick them up all was fine and dandy, they were et25 so should fit and clear the brakes…..nope. the et is thanks to the spokes being in the middle not near the edge and having a big spacer built into the hub, so this gave me issues. the caliper now touched the back of the spokes. so with a 5mm spacer they clearerd……..just, (this will get better as the pads wear down) they were now only catching on the top of the caper touching the rim.. :banghead:  so this was sorted with a angle grinder  :lol:  as the wheels had been repainted, and I had painted the caliper it was all too much…..I skimmed the top face of the caliper to remove the paint and whisper of the surface of the caliper and I now have fag paper clearance!!! ((this will increase as i wear the pads down and in future I will skim the pads to start with)

Im still not sure i out of the woods yet though as the tyres have 50 profile side walls not 45s so I think they maybe too tall, but we will see when it back on the road, plus the wheels are an extra 8mm further out too..

on other news I tried pressing the brake pedal today, and its soooo short, these brakes should be brill with the new master cylinder and bigger calipers  8)

Back to the top
some slighty iffy pics for you…

I will get some better ones soon when the weathers better and I get it washed and rebuilt with the duck bill etc,

I also may get it started today..

Back to the top
8)  8)  8)  8)  8)

OOhhhhhhhhhh yyeeaaahhh!!!!

I also finally got round to emptying the boot  :oops:

Not driven it yet though as still no battery and also the pads need more taking off them so the clear, but nearly there.

Back to the top
Awesome work fellow notts enthusiast.  :mrgreen:

Will have to meet up once mine is done. Check out  my project pics. :)

Duane.

Back to the top
yours is looking good, when it on the road let us know,  8)  mine should be on soon I hope

Back to the top
its new rims time!!! I got hacked off with the compos not clearing the brakes, so ive gone bigger  :lol:  now rolling on 16s!

Yeah big brakes!!!! and clearance!

what you all think?  :D

Back to the top
tell you what… for 16's, they don't look too bad! usually I'm of the opinion that any bigger than 15's are just wrong

but you've got away with it  :wink:

tempted to find a back box that's shorter?

Looking good though  8)

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.