Skip navigation

jealous comments by other drivers, on the road

Back to the top

jealous comments by other drivers, on the road

he was a typical merc owner big fat and sweaty (no offence paul_c)

theres also a story of a guy on cgti called highline who was going to give me a good british slap cos i pointed out he didnt know anything and i was right any way he never turned up at the pod to give me said slap think paul_c gave him some abuse tooo :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top

Topoftherange said

:lol:  or for forum etiquete "A large male chicken"

foghorn leghorn?

Back to the top
Never had a bad coment about mine all positives, one i remember was an middle age toff in a top of the range porsche at lights, pulled along side him, he reverse slighty, i look over to see what the hell he is upto, only eyeing the car up and gives me the thumbs, FFS how much did his cost i thought and he's giving me thumbs up.
Usual one, i'll be parked up in a car park waiting for missus, people pass the car and has they do, you hear them say no way, it is a mk1, a minter, still looking back at the plate as they walk off puzzled :lol:

Back to the top
I must say i too only seem to get good comments and a smile when im out and about its a pity you cant clone cars in a workshop as i could have sold mine about 10 time last year with the amount of folk asking "are you selling it mate" only last week going to Blackpool at a set of lights the usual comments "nice motor mate you selling it?"
stock answer is NO.

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
ive had same response,not too long ago i had a guy walking past my car shaking his head and saying to me"mk1 golf,superb mate,cant believe it" then walked away again shaking his head...

CAMPAIGN-HELIOS BLUE-POSSIBLY SEEN IT ON CHRIS BARRIES(RIMMER IN RED DWARF) MASSIVE SPEED PROGRAMME?!!!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
I think it's good to have a car that provokes comments. In the last week I've had one guy asking to buy my Golf and another one really 'studying' my 2 door Mk1 Jetta.

DubPartz

Back to the top
I get lots of admiring looks from men 'of a certain age', which is not quite the affect I was hoping for!

Also, I had the misfortune to be driving through the centre of Wantage the other day, in slow traffic, came around a corner and there was this kid (about 7 or 8 I guess) with his mum. He saw the car, stopped on the spot, pointed at it and started laughing out loud. Little b*gger. Got him back though. Had to mount the kerb mind you and it seems to have thrown the steering a little. Not to mention the dent in the front. I made the last bit up in case anyone was worried. The steering's fine.

1982 1.8 GTI Mars Red

Back to the top
I get fed up with the people I work with asking 'when are you going to get a proper car?'   :banghead:

And these are the people who

a) have problems getting their cars through the MOT and have to spend a couple of hundred quid to do so when mine went through with no advisories.

b) look on jealously when I put my roof down to drive home at the end of a hot day at work, while they are getting into a hot car and can't touch the steering wheel for 5 minutes!!  8)

:mrgreen:

Back to the top

wooders said

Topoftherange said

:lol:  or for forum etiquete "A large male chicken"

foghorn leghorn?

No cock  :mrgreen:  a different large male chicken :D

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top
Had a really nice incident happen to me while sitting in traffic a while back, with the roof down, while listening to some music, completely bored.I had a people carrier next to me with a mom and two young boys sitting in the back. As I went passed them slowly , the boys in the back held up a handwritten sign which said, "we like your car" ! and gave me the thumbs up. They must have been 9 or 10 years of age. Was quite cool at the time, because that is what cars are all about, bring out the child in you.

'88 Golf GTI Cabrio….I look like an extra from the village people, but hey I like it.

Seat Leon Cupra R….Amigo espanol rapido

Back to the top

Cupra_power said

Had a really nice incident happen to me while sitting in traffic a while back, with the roof down, while listening to some music, completely bored.I had a people carrier next to me with a mom and two young boys sitting in the back. As I went passed them slowly , the boys in the back held up a handwritten sign which said, "we like your car" ! and gave me the thumbs up. They must have been 9 or 10 years of age. Was quite cool at the time, because that is what cars are all about, bring out the child in you.

Nice. Good to have made their day.
I had a similar experience a few years back when I had a nugget yellow Corrado. I was bombing up the A1, gradually catching a family saloon in the distance and as I approached it I spotted two kids in the back who had a sign up saying "nice car". I'd like to think they saw me as a speck in the distance, in my vivid yellow car and decided to make up the sign exclusively for me :) . Then I thought perhaps they took it on every journey and held it up each time they saw a car they liked  :(

DubPartz

Back to the top
My mate was once handed an envolope stuffed with money and told him he was walking home.  However, he'd only handed him five hundred notes - my mate threw the envelope back at him and called him a "cheap…"

Back to the top
Had good comments not bad so far.

A few people drive up alongside on the motorway and pip their horn and give you the thumbs up. normally just quickly blip their horn as well so quite considerate.

Also get various comments and questions on if I am thinking of selling. Normally when you gop to a pub in the summer for sunday lunch.

Seems to be something with a nice old ca, people are more open to asking questions and commenting. In comparioson the big flash modern cars people just glance at and walk away.

1988 1.8 carb Golf Clipper

Back to the top

djheap22 said

Had good comments not bad so far.

A few people drive up alongside on the motorway and pip their horn and give you the thumbs up. normally just quickly blip their horn as well so quite considerate.

Also get various comments and questions on if I am thinking of selling. Normally when you gop to a pub in the summer for sunday lunch.

Seems to be something with a nice old ca, people are more open to asking questions and commenting. In comparioson the big flash modern cars people just glance at and walk away.

the gold also helps with the vintage look!! lookin good from your avatar!

nothing but praise and people taking photos for me!!! 8)  8)

Weber,ATS,Apex,Ripspeed,Supersprint,K&N MOMO..tbc

Back to the top
Have a few "nice car" comments when im driving the RX8 or 850 but I cant believe it with the Golf. It's on my drive being worked on and ive already had 10-15 people have a look, inc. one lad who'd just put a 20vT in his mates. They all comment on the quality of the shell and ask what engine im putting in, all ages too.  :D
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.