Skip navigation

Hes Died.

Back to the top

Hes Died.

Wouldnt start since all my water shot out, been told its my piston rings/ head gasket so would it be better to change the whole engine or would it be better to fix it, as i think id have problems with the engine if i kept it plus id like the extra power…

Not quite sure which engine either as ive looked on a thread on here about a gt engine and the gti engines, collo you know the answer i know you do.

Please.

Back to the top
You'll have to remind us - what's the original engine in the car? And a link to the thread describing its previous problems would be handy too… Thanks!

Back to the top
Its just a 1.3

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=38909

All problems.

Thanks.

Been told its piston rings and head gasket.

Going to try do it today…

Back to the top
ive got a 1.1 engine sat in mind garden free to a good home :wink:

Back to the top
I've read the other thread, can't understand anything you type in! Sorry, I tried!

Back to the top
Haha @ Paul_C  :banghead:

1986 Cabriolet (long resto!)
1983 Cabriolet (daily pain in the bum)
1983 T25 (weekend pain in the bum)

Follow us on:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/
Twitter: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/
Instagram: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/

Banner

Back to the top

Speeding is like masturbation, everyone does it ,but it's not something you should record and put on the internet!! 

Back to the top
haha sound mate, cheers.

I do want to try and get a different engine tbh so i will see what happens.

More power is needed

If not then i might try and do the head gasket/pistonrings my self…

Back to the top
And ben cheers for the offer but i bti too small i reacon, id probably break it due to redlining it by acident... aha.

Back to the top
Can you weld?

Back to the top
No.

:)

But my mates a machanic so id probs ask him for stuff when it came down to things like engine mounts etc.

But i do want to learn how to as it would help me alot in later life, with this project and when i get my corrado…

Would be a handy thing to know..

Back to the top
Also…..are you sure the engine is at fault? Could just be a fuel pump issue, or a coolant issue? Or anything really, since I can't work out what the problem is.

Back to the top
piston rings will have eaten your linings. you will need to get a new head. or get it relined.

Back to the top
done compression tests and tested fuel pump, pump works but im running about  1-3 on the compression test and when oils put down the thing( :| ) it goes back up to about 6

Was going to get the heead off and have a look see if theres holes in it etc..

Could be warped etc…

didnt have an air filter on when i bought her…

Back to the top
right lets start again

its a 1.3 carb engine that wont start YES

in the english you learnt at school type the problem not txt type english im getting old so struggle to read what some people write init :wink:

Back to the top

fulltiimejunglist said

im running about  1-3 on the compression test and when oils put down the thing( :| ) it goes back up to about 6

quote]

explain? 1-3 what

Back to the top
mate i dont use txt font.

Wasnt using my own keyboard.. so few mistakes…

Generally type quite fast and as this doesnt mean im going to fail an exam etc i dont really care so much about spelling or adding an extra a onto the end of a work etc.

Its easy to understand if you put it into context

Back to the top
things to check

do you have water in the oil ?

is the oil in the rocker cover white and creamy?

are the spark plugs wet with water?

do you have a spark?

do you have fuel to the carb?

before you rip the engine out make 100% certain its dead ive seen people go from bad to worse due to not checking

Back to the top
he may be a she,ever thought of that  :lol:  where in brum are you? i cant fathem your problem either  :mrgreen:
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top

bens_cab said

fulltiimejunglist said

im running about  1-3 on the compression test and when oils put down the thing( :| ) it goes back up to about 6

quote]

explain? 1-3 what

sorry but you make no sense were just trying to understand what your saying do the checks above and go from there

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.