Skip navigation

MK1 OC Annual Show 26th,27th July 2008

Which day will you attend

Saturday {-} [37 votes]
Sunday {-} [20 votes]
Both Sat & Sun {-} [4 votes]
This poll is closed. You cannot vote unless it is reopened.

Back to the top

MK1 OC Annual Show 26th,27th July 2008

Karting…???

How about Inter Region heats?

I'm hoping to go down on Friday afternoon.

A5OPY are you camping now?

Dan

Back to the top
i'm up for karting this time and not just spectating!

not sure how many are coming down from yorkshire (and we don't really have a region on here) so i'll probably join in with the NWM if that's alright by all.

1983 Polo CL - daily

1984 Golf G60 Syncro - sold

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1992 Corrado G60 - crushed

1989 Polo C - chopped and crushed

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top

Lawsy said

paul_c said

I see, so you're forced to choose between the bread knife and the Mk1 Golf+tent. Hmmmmmmmmm…………………

Nope.. no ones forcing me at all..
I dont own a tent and am not going out to buy one, plus airbed, sleeping bags blah blah blah just to please you lot..
I have a perfectly adequate camper that is cool… No one moaned last time when they were sheltering in it drinking me tea…  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Whats the fascination about what vehicle I'm coming in anyways, this year has been a nightmare for me and to finally get a banger of a mk1 has been a massive acheivment for us, so if its staying at home then so be it, I cant afford to hire a trailer and Wendy doesnt drive.
I've asked if anyone in this area who is going but not in a mk1 wants to drive it up there, no takers

So for the last time, drop this conversation cos along with this and the trailer one its really starting to bug me…

so unless anyone has a SENSIBLE offer then shut up!!!!

well it is the mk1 owners club, you do own one steve, so what difference does it make if you come in your camper or not. They way i'd look at it is your bringinging your camper becasue you want too, its vw isnt it, just say Mr Mk1 and Me mk2 are at home keeping the miles down. If i had a camper i'd be coming it that too, creature comforts etc, if i could drive 2 cars at once i'd help ypu out mind!

Back to the top
Been out this morning and bought a tent, then spent this afternoon erecting it, so I dont look too much of a novice at this tent malarky (haven't been camping for 25 years)  8O , I've also been onto the Premier Inn website  and cancelled the room I booked earlier this year.

Outside chance of Friday night arrival, if not, I'll be there first thing Saturday morning  :wink:

6 days to go  :dance:  :dance:

Back to the top
where you get your tent from ??? been looking today for a ' pop up ' one….

Is it just turn up at the gate on sat… ??
Daz

Banner

Back to the top

daz1971 said

where you get your tent from ??? been looking today for a ' pop up ' one….

Is it just turn up at the gate on sat… ??
Daz

Millets, Halfords, Argos, Tesco, or even an outdoor shop like Blacks.

Turn up at the gate on Saturday and tell them Mk1 Golf Event. remember if your camping ?13 per night or if you are just there for the day its ?10.

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)

Back to the top
:D  cheers, see you sat.

Banner

Back to the top
Do we need to bring our own bbqs for the sat night (like previous years) or do they have them set up on site?

Yorkshire Region Host

Mk1 Cabriolet 1500 (under resto)

Mk1 GTI

Back to the top
Reminder to members - Please don't forget to bring your membership card that entitles you to your ?5 cashback, access to merchandise and the AGM. Please have your membership card ready to show on access to the show field. If you have lost your card or have recently joined and not received it yet please could you bring proof of payment (e.g. print off paypal receipt).

If you are not a member yet, don't worry you can join at the show!

Banner

Back to the top

littlerolf said

Do we need to bring our own bbqs for the sat night (like previous years) or do they have them set up on site?

We are providing a BBQ on Saturday night, e.g. burgers and sausages and we will be asking for a small donation to cover costs… we hope everyone will join us…it becomes more of a social event then and not just each to their own.

However, we realise peeps may want to bring their own (campsite will not provide anything) for the morning/fri night.

See you all soon!  :mrgreen:

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)

Back to the top
may not be going now, as car has developed an electrical fault which I cannot  figure out.

Back to the top

NathBlack said

may not be going now, as car has developed an electrical fault which I cannot  figure out.

Get in touch with Lawsy - he has a Mk1 but is unable to drive or transport it to the show because he's taking his LT camper too.

Back to the top
good idea, but im not local, cheers for the idea.

Im in a foul mood anyhow.

Back to the top

NathBlack said

whats happenin mate??? or whats not happenin?? lol

im sure someone on here will know a cure

Back to the top
Just a bit fed up with it all to be honest,

anyhow back on topic.

Back to the top
Looks like we're on for a warm sunny weekend :cheer:

Banner

Back to the top

TENT......

Got me a new tent today, bit bigger than i thought   8)

See you sat dinner…….

Banner

Back to the top
looks like me, wifey and son will be there for sunday, was hoping to come down sat morning but i'v been informed of a family thing saturday that she cant get out of, small possibility we will be there sat eve (hopefully for a barbie  :D  )

Back to the top
Will be along Friday Afternoon with the clan and a acouple of Mk1's  :D

Cheers

Rich

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top
I'll be there Sunday

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.