Skip navigation

WHEN HOT, WONT START GTI!!!!

Back to the top

WHEN HOT, WONT START GTI!!!!

i havent done but i am pretty sure that it is some sort of fuel problem i just don't know where to start :S

Back to the top

pearcestu said

Have you tried to start it by connecting the starter to the battery when it's warm? This will rule out lots of possible ignition issues? Also are there any immobilisers fitted or old bits of them wired in?

Hiya guy's,

I have exactly the same problem on my sportline that I recently purchased, I called my good firend today and he suggested the same as pearcestu. I will try to get this done asap and post the results. Now I also know what other components to look into due the helpful advice thanks guys.

Golf MK1 Sportline, Golf MK2 Driver, Golf MK5 Gti, Jetta MK5 TFSi

Back to the top
I had the same problem a few years back tried changing a few things only to realise it started fine with a wire from the battery to the starter, then I narrowed it down to some old immobiliser equipment behind the dash. Lazy installers had just left bits there over the years and tapped into old splices.
Tidied all that up and removed all the old bits and I have never had a problem since.

This is one of those problems that can be caused by many different things so i would recommend starting with that and at least you can then rule out a lot of stuff or you will know its something in the ignition system if it does start.

Just remember to take it out of gear and turn the key so the electrics are all on first!

Back to the top
Geography may be an issue in terms of the garage used, however this was my experience. Hope it helps and  dont just put up with it as I did for all those years.

The Mk1 Golf Owners Club

Good luck
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.