Skip navigation

Anyone TDI'd a mk1..?

Back to the top

Anyone TDI'd a mk1..?

im just about to buy a ahu donor,

anyone got any ideas what happens with the gearbox/gearbox mounts, and what driveshafts ,

can i use the ones off the donor( mk3 golf) i expect not!

Or to mk1 ones fit.

Can i use a mk1 GTI box ???

scott

Back to the top
Sorry to drag up an old thread but has anyone done this yet as really considering going the 1.9tdi route as the opportunities for tuning and torque are too tempting. And i understand diesel tuning more  :lol:

Back to the top
Well worth the effort,just love mine :D

Back to the top
you tdi'd your mk1 then mate?

Back to the top
am looking forward to seeing a build thread for this,it gives me something to think about!!

Back to the top

veedubjay said

am looking forward to seeing a build thread for this,it gives me something to think about!!

Mee too :mrgreen:

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top

dantro said

Sorry to drag up an old thread but has anyone done this yet as really considering going the 1.9tdi route as the opportunities for tuning and torque are too tempting. And i understand diesel tuning more  :lol:

Only just seen this thread, done the 1z TDi conversion, not too bad to do and goes really well.

Put the TDi in my 1.6 diesel Mk1, so it made it slightly easier in the fact that I already had the fuel lines and fuel filter arrangement in place and no problems that can be associated with putting it in a GTi, ie Electric fuel pump inline from tank, which would need removing.
I took the engine from a MK3 Golf TDi, but opted not to use the gearbox from the Mk3, as it was cable change and hydraulic clutch……..instead bought an earlier 5 speed box from an AAZ dieseled Mk3 with same gearchange and clutch arrangement as a Mk1.
The clutch/flywheel on the TDi had to be changed to marry up with the AAZ box, so used the one from my old 1.6d engine (new clutch kit fitted)
The engine mounts had to be swapped from the old 1.6d onto the TDi tp make it drop in.
The driveshaft flanges on the AAZ box is 100mm, so bought a pair of adapted 100mm driveshafts off Ebay(readily available)
Buy a running MK3, because you need the transponder key and the reader, Immobiliser  and ECU to marry up with the injection pump, as well as the fly by wire pentiometer for the accelerator.
Keep the front exhaust pipe off the Mk3, so it easier when making an exhaust (you only use the flange as the rest of the front pipe is all wrong in its direction)

Back to the top
Please Please Please build thread - as this is something i am thinking about will be good to have something to follow :)

Back to the top
I have just brought a 2003 pd 130 polo sport, rolled but drives mint,full service history 2 owners,2nd owner not so carefull  :?
The engine and box is going into my mk1 cab very soon,  8)
the polo flies,wheelspins everywhere, going to be fun  :wink:
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
Pics plz bertus of the Polo

Is it the 6spd 130BHP Engine

Cheers :wink:

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top

veedubjay said

Please Please Please build thread - as this is something i am thinking about will be good to have something to follow :)

I put some of the build thread in projects section, click link below……….

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=89932&start=45

Bert said

I have just brought a 2003 pd 130 polo sport, rolled but drives mint,full service history 2 owners,2nd owner not so carefull  :?
The engine and box is going into my mk1 cab very soon,  8)
the polo flies,wheelspins everywhere, going to be fun  :wink:
Bert

Nice one Bert, are you looking at using the cabby for German trip  :P

Back to the top
its a 5 speed,and doubt it will be ready for road trip,cant wait till it is though  8)
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
Cracking Bert :mrgreen:

Start a Build thread

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.