Skip navigation

My gti project

Back to the top

Exhaust

My gti project

Hi, Love the car!

Where does the exhaust come from (and at what price?)? like the touch it gives, very clean !

keep up the good work !

I believe you asked Mars Red LA2A?
Mars Red it is !

Back to the top
8) amazes me every time how much of a difference a set of Alloy's makes!

looks great and gets me inpired to keep on at mine

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
Cheers guys :)

Well i picked the car up from having the arches rolled yesterday and they did a really good job. Ive decided to keep the rsl's for a while now. Ive wound the coilies down tonight and put the rsl's back on and its looking very tasty! 8)

Ill put up some more pics tomorrow.

Photobucket

Back to the top

Keeping it standard...

i do appreciate what you have done to the Mk1 although I cant quite believe you have done all those things to a lovely standard campaign...Why o why did you not modify a standard Mk1 GTi...Still each to there own..Keep up the good work....

Back to the top
Cause it being a campaign doesnt justify me not putting my own style into the car. The reason i didnt modify a standard mk1 is cause i found this one a bought it cause it was a nice car if i had found a standard mk1 i wanted i would have styled that the way i like it.

And i dont see why it being a campaign means i shouldnt style it the way i like? Yeh it has an ew chassis number and tinted windows and some p slots why does that mean i shouldnt do what i want to my car?

Anyway im off to take some pics of my new stance 8)

Ill put some up later…

Photobucket

Back to the top
I went out and took a few new pics this evening after getting my car back from the bodyshop last night.

Ive also take off the top stripe.

Photobucket

Back to the top
looks mint mate.

Back to the top
I cleaned all my interior today pretty pleased with how it came out so thought id put a couple of pics up.

Ground clearence off my drive :o

Love the new stance  8)

Photobucket

Back to the top
Looks perfect, you should be well please! I love Black MK1's, just not easy keeping em clean :wink:

Cheers
Andy

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
I am really pleased mate i love my car to bits.
I just feel lucky to already own my dream car and anything im gonna do to it will just make it even better.

Im obsessed looking at pictures ive taken of it all the time my girl was getting annoyed last night cause i was ignoring her :lol:

Really appreciate all the kind comments thanks guys.

Photobucket

Back to the top

mrfresh said

Im obsessed looking at pictures ive taken of it all the time my girl was getting annoyed last night cause i was ignoring her :lol:

Oh no, you've started on that downward slope, you'll be single before you know it! (kidding! :lol: )

Know what you mean though, when mine wasn't in bits and on the drive, I just used to look at it, when I wasn't driving it of course :wink:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
After all the crappy weather today dodging rain storms and what not I've finally finished cleaning my car.

I've been at it scince 11 today and I've got it looking the best its ever been!

Yesterday it was covered in salt and crap and looked a complete state.

It will probably be covered in crap again a few miles down the road! Oh well roll on tomorrow :-D

Photobucket

Back to the top
what wheels are they and where from?
suspension what is it where from how much?

looks mint matey  :D

Back to the top
Saw this in the flesh today, spot on matey!

Banner

Back to the top
very nice mate 8)  8)

Back to the top
Just thought id say that that is pretty damn tasty, good to hear its a daily driver. Mine is a daily driver too, but its in the garage a hell of a lot!!hope to get something similar one day.

1993 Cabby Rivage

Back to the top
looks well good, again the subtle mods make a big difference.

removing the grey strip looks way better IMOI

out of interest wht tyres are you running on them rsl's?

1982 Non Sunroof Black 1600 GTI

2003 MKIV Golf PD150 GT TDI

Back to the top
i see they are 194/45 falken

you say its not so hot running 8" up front?  why is this?  as i'm thinking of running et 20 14x8 on 195/45 up front.

1982 Non Sunroof Black 1600 GTI

2003 MKIV Golf PD150 GT TDI

Back to the top
Sweet mk1, its nice to see it with the original gti features, just a few choice mods make it even better. likin the stance to, looks nice on the rsl 8)  Is it your daily?

Pete

Back to the top

lakesk8 said

i see they are 194/45 falken

you say its not so hot running 8" up front?  why is this?  as i'm thinking of running et 20 14x8 on 195/45 up front.

Its ok mate its just running wide wheels with low offsets it just means you loose a bit of the nimble cornering.

It also makes the steering alot heavier.

Photobucket
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.