Skip navigation

MK1 Turbo diesel

Back to the top

MK1 Turbo diesel

top job that

looks well tidy

Back to the top

Back to the top
Looks like a really sweet looking car, the diesel engine noise will be a surprise to many when you start it up! I'd love to know how you overcame the clearance to get the bonnet latch release mechanism in - is the intercooler short enough to allow clearance.

I have to say I'm developing a soft spot for diesels, although the kind I'm thinking of normally have a 3 point hitch and other stuff at the back!! !

Back to the top
hey mate im preety sure i spotted you at GTI international doing 1/4 mile runs is this little beauty?

84\' Volkswagen Golf C - Planned either 1.8 20VT or 1.9 TDI PD130

58\' Seat Leon 2.0TDI 16V PD170 - 240BHP here i come

Back to the top
yes it was me , was hoping to go up against a mk1 gti  but ended up racing a mk2 golf R32 and two audi S3'S so i was a bit down on power to say the least .

Back to the top
kool i was sat in the passenger seat of a Silver Fabia VRS you might of seen doing runs on both sat and sunday

running around 275bhp i think from a PD130

Back to the top
Think i spotted  it , did it have a side exit exhaust ? . It looked like it had got some serious poke, that would be my dream engine setup for a mk1 golf somthing like that  :twisted:

Back to the top
Yeh thats the one its about 275 with Water/Meths and NOS

i wanted to try and PD130/PD160 conversion for a MK1 but ive never done a conversion before i wanted to do a diesel one as im a senior member on tdisport.com and felt diesel mk1 would be nice on the stand

ive now settled for the common 1.8 20v conversion of i can get hold of a decent shell

Whats yours running then? what engines in it?

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.