Skip navigation

worst cars you have owned

Back to the top

worst cars you have owned

Interesting reading! Mine was :
Mk2 Golf CL 4+E. A few problems that let me down, but the worst thing was it wouldn't even do over 50mph for some reason (I'm no racer but on a dual carriageway you want to be moving along with everyone else). It was a C reg back in 2003, so very old, but the mk1 is now 26 and never had as much bother (or the constant need for a swift kick up the arse, so to speak). Let's just say my diesel mk1 puts it to shame in most ways. I'd get a Gti mk2 though, but not keen on the other models.  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
mk2 1.6 driver was alright not to slow for a fat sod. only problem was breaking momo rims on rough ground but thats not the cars fault is it.

Back to the top
mine was a canary yellow renault 5, P reg,about 10 years old,with gear change on dash,paid ?50had just passed my test.had to drive it thro centre of bradford at rush hour with gear change on dash,no handbrake… i was a nervous wreck when i got home and wore clutch out too(no handbrake)

i can remember racing a mini on the m62,both could only manage about 40 mph…happy days

CAMPAIGN-HELIOS BLUE-POSSIBLY SEEN IT ON CHRIS BARRIES(RIMMER IN RED DWARF) MASSIVE SPEED PROGRAMME?!!!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
I had a 3 cylinder vauxhall Corsa B, on an X plate, biggest pile of bantha fodder in the world, 0-60 was about 7 years.

And since then Mk3 Golf, Mk4 and now Mk1 Golf, happy days.

1986 Cabriolet (long resto!)
1983 Cabriolet (daily pain in the bum)
1983 T25 (weekend pain in the bum)

Follow us on:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/
Twitter: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/
Instagram: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/

Banner

Back to the top
Jaguar XKR,spent its entire life in the dealership,engine,electrics,diff,after 8 months of which I had driven the car 1800 miles,they offered to exchange for a new one which promptly had a wiring fire as I drove out the dealership!!! :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Money back and hightailed it out of there straight to the mearest Merc dealer :lol:  :lol:

Speeding is like masturbation, everyone does it ,but it's not something you should record and put on the internet!! 

Back to the top
1995 Fiat Punto 75sx.

Endless electrical problems, and build quality issues, and mechanical problems…

Garage:
83 Mk1 Golf GTi Campaign - Mars Red - Totally Standard
78 Honda Civic 1200 Hondamatic - Silver
07 Honda Civic ES 2.2 CDi - Black, all the options!

Back to the top

collo16v said

Jaguar XKR,spent its entire life in the dealership,engine,electrics,diff,after 8 months of which I had driven the car 1800 miles,they offered to exchange for a new one which promptly had a wiring fire as I drove out the dealership!!! :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Money back and hightailed it out of there straight to the mearest Merc dealer :lol:  :lol:

Really?  I had one of those and it wasn't an ounce of trouble.

Range Rovers have to rated high on the poor car list, friend of mine has a s/c one, always in and out of the dealers.  Newest problem of many, faulty reading on the fuel guage, dealers say dont let it get so low on petrol :banghead:

Banner

Back to the top
I don't think I've owned any truly awful cars may an early Ford Orion ghia I had was pretty poor but I managed to sell it OK.
I'm sure my wife would disagree and say I spent way to much on most of the cars I ever had :roll:  :lol:

Back to the top
The worst car I've ever owned is my mk1 golf gti, nothing but trouble. Should really get shot of it but for some reason I just can't part with it. One for punishment if you know what I mean.

Back to the top

ew said

collo16v said

Really?  I had one of those and it wasn't an ounce of trouble.

Range Rovers have to rated high on the poor car list, friend of mine has a s/c one, always in and out of the dealers.  Newest problem of many, faulty reading on the fuel guage, dealers say dont let it get so low on petrol :banghead:

Now you see this is freaky as my dear old dad has a R-R Sport which has never missed a beat and runs faultlessly

Speeding is like masturbation, everyone does it ,but it's not something you should record and put on the internet!! 

Back to the top

golf1 said

The worst car I've ever owned is my mk1 golf gti, nothing but trouble. Should really get shot of it but for some reason I just can't part with it. One for punishment if you know what I mean.

i think 'worst' needs to be defined a bit more. i suppose its all relative, if you cant wield a spanner then life becomes difficult when you choose to run a second hand car of any type.
mark1 and 2 golfs are sooo simple.. i fail to see how (unless you are blind and buy an absolute dog) that one of these could cause so much heartache??

Mk1 '92 cab ABF  Jenveys & Emerald
2004 Mk1 Fabia VRS
2002 Audi A4 Avant 1.9tdi

Back to the top
Its a case of the Swan turning into a frog. Keep your Golf long enough and you will know what I'm on about.

Back to the top
had golfs for 15yrs, preventative maintenance is the key

2004 Mk1 Fabia VRS

Back to the top
LOL

Back to the top

golf1 said

LOL

?   im genuinely intruiged, and prepared to be told im wrong  :D

2004 Mk1 Fabia VRS
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.