Skip navigation

cleaning your mk1...

Back to the top

cleaning your mk1...

^^^^^ bugger me and call me bert thats alot!!

Back to the top

maccagti said

Topoftherange said

IF i am feeling flush this month i am gonna get some of the dodo juice purple haze soft wax for my Corrado as at ?35 a tub it aint cheap but its supposed top be the Bulldogs Jewelery when it comes to shiney

ever heard of zymol vintage wax, its ?1500 per tub, yes thats right ?1500!!!
the shine is unbelievable tho!

Ive used the Royal Glaze from Zymol…………….worth over ?7000

all I use on cars is Poorboys Natty paste wax……?20 a pop lasts forever and can be layered up nicely.

Back to the top
well when I do one of my cars there are a few more steps a follow

Foam the car with megs gold class and APC left to dwell for 5-10 mins
Rinse
wash car using 2 bucket method and Gold class again
tar and glue lower doors
re-foam and clay with Sonus green
rinse
dry with waffle weave and leaf blower.

if the paintwork isnt scratched or marred I will just wax it with poorboys natty paste or Zymol Carbon(can be put on black trim as well)
then buff off and treat the wheels and tires

if paintwork is marred and scratched I will break out the rotary with the poorboys ssr1,2 or3 depending how bad……..can be bad at times but nothing a fair few hours cant change with the rotary or the PC polishers

and then finished with carbon or natty.

end up with some good results and all

heres just a wash and clay on a New Focus ST (was for a showroom and coated in fallout)

and here is before and afters of an Mr2 I did with the rotary

and after

Back to the top
note the wee mk1 hidden away (minus front bumper) :P  :P   8)

Back to the top
are those electric buffers anygood?

Back to the top

alexHxC said

are those electric buffers anygood?

You have to get a good one.. check the one out on www.polishedbliss.com that one is good :D

ive got a cheap one, but i wouldnt trust it, its too wayward and too heavy :roll:

1983 Golf 1.3 Driver:  

Back to the top
aye..get yerself onto them, Clarke and what not at polishedbliss will sort you out..........best going for a random orbital that way it wont heat the pannel and you have less chance of damaging the paint.

Back to the top
don't bother stick to by hand unless your doing multiple cars.

Back to the top
you'd be suprised at the amount of correction you can get with a PC or rotary. but its more for those who are perfectionists and dont want swirls and maring on the paintwork

Back to the top
i have one i wont use it on my car. use it on other cars just not mine. dont trust it on the old paint.

Back to the top
aye…youve got to be confident with what you do tbh…….I use paint meters and what not to make sure there is enough paint on a pannel.

atm Im struggling to find a pizza shop that will deliver to mine :( just cos a drivers off a pizza shop wants to loose money over it!!!

Back to the top
wash!!!!  aint that wat the rains for!!!! if i wash it peeps would notice the different colours and the rust!! shhh

hello!

Back to the top
Rain is what us valeters love…………..on a normal day I can do about 8-9 used car valets but when it rains the number doubles  :D

Back to the top

novocaine said

i have one i wont use it on my car. use it on other cars just not mine. dont trust it on the old paint.

youd be suprised, i find they work best on old paint as it so hard it takes longer to heat up, for a true perfectionist u can get apaint depth gauge to see how many microns of paint is left and how much u can go over it

and whats this two bucket method of washing a car, i hear it batted around but i dont no wot it is?

Back to the top
" bucket method….you have 2 buckets of water, one with soap the other just clean water(use grit guards if pos)

instead of putting your sponge/mitt back into the soap you rinse it of in the clean water before the soapy bucket…..prevents grit etc settling at the bottom of the soapy bucket

Back to the top
oh rite, i jus make sure my sponge is grit free before i use it and clean the bucket out after each wash, lol. good to know though

Back to the top
I just leave my buckets upside down and my washmit hung up after each use.......you never know when you may just pic up a small bit of grit and scratch the paintwork with it
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.