Skip navigation

ALL CABBY OWNERS....ON HOLD FOR TIME BEING...

Would you....

YES {-} [4 votes]
NO {-} [30 votes]
This poll is closed. You cannot vote unless it is reopened.

Back to the top

ALL CABBY OWNERS....ON HOLD FOR TIME BEING...

Would you be prepared to 'donate' ?6 (p&P) for a chapterised DVD dealing with all aspects of the operation, adjustment and repair of Cabby roofs?

I have split it into 20 chapters, each dealing with a separate subject, and each returning to the chapter menu after playing so you can watch the particular bits you are interested in.
It DOES NOT cover the hydraulic parts of later vehicles.
I have yet to finalise a NOTES section (txt file) dealing with a few point that I think should be mentioned (ie - it deals with a new roof on a new vehicle, not an old roof or an old car), but this could be updated on here.
The DVD will also contain an 'Extras' folder containing some useful info.
I have also produced a Flash version (for use on a laptop whilst at the vehicle..??) which has turned out larger than anticipated, and if I host the whole thing, would cost me a bit on extra bandwidth if lots of people look at it. The final Flash version should 'hopefully' have a skip forward / backward facility (but that's quite a bit of work), and should also be in the 'Extras'.

You can preview the first 4 chapters of the Flash version (the rest of the menu has been disabled, but you can see the titles), and there is a link to a quick demo of the DVD version (no sound or vid clips - just screeshots)

HERE

Sorry it's taken ages, but the little clip of the little man sums it up……

Owning a Mk1 cabby is a vertical learning curve…

1989 Mk1 Clipper 1.8 automatic - Sadly now up for sale - medical issues dictate)

1999 (Nov) Passat S Saloon 1.9 TDI (AFN) - TUG 1 (Remap by CCC ( - **** …..change pants !!) with cruise control

2000 (Mar) Passat Sport Estate 1.9 TDI (ATJ) 5 speed automatic with Tiptronic - TUG 2 (Remap and cruise control by CCC)

Back to the top
I'd pay a few quid for that - quite handy and very retro!

How much would P&P be roughly - couple of quid or edging towards another fiver?

Nice work!

1990 MX5 Mazda
2003 VW Passat 130 Sport
Sylva Fury 'blade powered…

Back to the top
can i vote no because i havn't got a cabby. i won't vote though as it will throw out your research

Back to the top

mclannahan said

How much would P&P be roughly - couple of quid or edging towards another fiver?
gotta find out postage, let me find decent packaging first, never had probs with card backed envelopes, hope less than ?2 p&p., so ?7 max…want to keep it all right down and just cover my time and costs…

1989 Mk1 Clipper 1.8 automatic - Sadly now up for sale - medical issues dictate)

1999 (Nov) Passat S Saloon 1.9 TDI (AFN) - TUG 1 (Remap by CCC ( - **** …..change pants !!) with cruise control

2000 (Mar) Passat Sport Estate 1.9 TDI (ATJ) 5 speed automatic with Tiptronic - TUG 2 (Remap and cruise control by CCC)

Back to the top
i would have one

Back to the top
This worked really well when I tested it the other week while fitting my roof and for the price I payed for the roof itself a fiver is nothing!

Im deffo going to buy one just to have it for a rainy day!

Back to the top
yep i would have one as well

Back to the top
I've said yes.

Don't need to replace the roof, done that using Ross's guide, but I love how 'proper' the narrator is and looks like there's some handy hints

:mrgreen:

Back to the top

debs said

but I love how 'proper' the narrator is and looks like there's some handy hints

:mrgreen:

…you can understand EVERY word… :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
I Would have one, good work.

89 MK1 GTI Cab ( Helios Blue ), 64 reg VW Transporter T30 highline, Audi A1 1.4 TFSI Sportline..

Back to the top
Any ideas on when this would be available??

1988 1.8 carb Golf Clipper

Back to the top
yes please, this could save me alot of time.

is there any info on hydraulic sytems that could become availiable at a later date?

Back to the top
…very nearly there…computer still playing up, either the graphics card or processor (old AMD Sempron) does not like video editing anymore  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

I will NOT be using Paypal…I would ask everyone to SUPPORT THE LOCAL POST OFFICE and use Postal Orders.

You will be notified in this post, and by pm for those already showing interest, when the DVD is ready.

The hydraulics are not in the video, but are covered in part of the 'PC Extras'.
I know nothing about Mac's, but surely they read Acrobat files don't they????

Back to the top

Prowler said

I know nothing about Mac's, but surely they read Acrobat files don't they????

Adobe Portable Document Format started off as a Mac application mate so yes.

Tian

Back to the top

Tian said

Adobe Portable Document Format started off as a Mac application mate so yes.

Tian

:banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:
..of course they did..!!!
 :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:
..I've lost my marbles today…

Back to the top
I'm in!!!

Looks interesting enough for ?5.00… and we may even save a post office or two!!

Dan

Back to the top
I'm also in - currently needing to fit a new handle !!

wpa

Black Cabby

Back to the top

wpa said

I'm also in - currently needing to fit a new handle !!

wpa

..actual fitting of handle is not covered (but that's easy and obvious) but ADJUSTING correctly is….

Back to the top
I'll Have one  :D

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top
i would like one, 7 quid is nothing for so much info.

Mk1 Jetta (Jessie) build thread here
 View topic: Jessie the mk1 jetta (pd conversion) lots of pics!! - The Mk1 Golf Owners Club

T25 westfalia camper, 2.2 Subaru powered

vw touran   1.9 tdi remap, Bbs rep wheels , lowered, bla bla bla……… Wife's car
2013 Vw amarok 2.0bitdi, work truck…….  www.jsgarageaberystwyth.co.uk  
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.