Skip navigation

A mk1 meet for cancer research and a very good friend

Back to the top

A mk1 meet for cancer research and a very good friend

Hi, my mate whos coming along with me said he would take a bucket if theres any left?

Back to the top
Members of forum only, if you want a bucket i have 2 left leave your name on here and i can get an id badge done for you.
Now another bucket has been accounted for, is there one more member who would like to participate for the last bucket.

Also for people attending, all been finalised thanks to the very hard work of ANT5 (Your a star bud) all info will be passed onto me tomorrow as regards location where we will be collecting and cars parked.
Come along for a few hours of your time for a good cause
Thanks again
Pete
 :wink:

Back to the top
this is to pedders

i just want to say i think its an amazing thing your doing here i know how hard these things hit a family.

if i was a bit closer id come and show my support but sadly its to far but i just wanted to wish you all the best with this idea looks like its a real asmazing thing your doing

Ben

Back to the top
Ben,
       We have spent alot of time around each other i and dave, we have learnt alot from each other over the years and become very close friends, My wife lost her mother to cancer over a year ago, now it affected us again, i was shocked and hurt that i would possibly lose a very special friend to this disease and can not think how i would get on with things if he was not here, but we do carry on, and whilst he is here i want him to enjoy everyday.
Even thou i can not be with him everyday at the moment this is the next best thing i feel that will make his and other people with cancer time they have left a comfortable one is raising money for the people that work there backsides off to look after people close to you.
The most annoying hurtful thing is it happens to the best kind loving people

A reply like yours is more than enough support, but it goes to the people that help and look after the ill people, not to me.
I will pass on all good will comments to dave and his family, like i say dave is coming hopefully in my car and he can chat to the members himself and say hello.
I seriously thank you the members, mods, chairman of forum for allowing me to do this event, and in helping me get it started   

Pete :wink:

Back to the top
my auntie died 4 years ago aged 40 with cancer of the liver so i know how hard it is

she left 3 small children who ive become more of a brother to it is a long hard struggle but were human and we find a way through it :wink:

Back to the top
I'll make a special effort to try and come along to this. I am only 4 miles down the road, so I have no excuse for not comming especially as its all for a good cause. Well done Pete for setting it all up.

Dave

Back to the top
Cheers dave, look forward to seeing you there bud

Back to the top
when it comes to cancer i'm always willing to help out. i got my car because of it. my nana survived lung cancer only to get a cold on the day she was given the all clear by the doctor. (yes she got it in the doctors surgery)her immune system was destroyed after the kemo.

so i will be there with my nanas car.

Back to the top
hi pete, we met at alltypes show at Bodelwyddan Castle last year.
bless yer heart for doing this. as a club, we should do more stuff like this.

count me in!

…well, the golf should be back on the road this weekend. carb issues…

i'd help out with a bucket, but i can't confirm my golf will be done for sure.
i'll try and rally up some other golfs to come too.
;)

ash

Back to the top
I`ll be defo going, are people meeting up to cruise down…? and what time ?

Back to the top
yes ash i remember you fella, hows thing bud.
thanks for your comments and hope you can make it.
Butler, what would you suggest as a meet up point for convoy from manchester area bud?
Daves sister is also trying to sort out either a4, A5 posters for our cars as she has access to printers etc and would like to do these,  so just waiting for a reply from her to see if she could do some for approx 10 cars, if i need anymore, please let me know
Also the pitch blackpool originally gave us someone else has hired it has they are paying for it, so they have given us another pitch, princess ? on north shore, will get confirmation from ANT5 and update you  
Thanks again for the support

Back to the top

Peddersgolf said

yes ash i remember you fella, hows thing bud.
thanks for your comments and hope you can make it.
Butler, what would you suggest as a meet up point for convoy from manchester area bud?
Daves sister is also trying to sort out either a4, A5 posters for our cars as she has access to printers etc and would like to do these,  so just waiting for a reply from her to see if she could do some for approx 10 cars, if i need anymore, please let me know
Also the pitch blackpool originally gave us someone else has hired it has they are paying for it, so they have given us another pitch, princess ? on north shore, will get confirmation from ANT5 and update you  
Thanks again for the support

let me know when your setting off and which motorway and we`ll sort something out, thanks mate

Back to the top
i'm good thanks pete. busy moving house (flat) at the mo.
still in sheffield tho.

i'll (hopefully) be cruising over manc way from sheff, so i could hook up with you guys to convoy over to blackpool. :)

when my cars fixed i'll post to try and get the west yorkshire massive to come along… and any sheffield dubbers…

• novocaine, i'm a recovering "not really a people person", so i'll help you out with the bucket if you want some support. ;)

ash

Back to the top

convoy blackpool

Hi Pete and  Butler. Let me know time and place that you are setting off from Manchester I will try and join you. Tony YBA 382Y 07913 049720.

Solid Gold Easy Action

Back to the top
Cheers tony :wink:
Here is Postcode and street name for sat nav users: - Bloomfield Road, FY1 6JJ, the car park directly opposite the football club as seen on mp on age 2, avoid the white arrow as mentioned previously :lol:
I would like to meet earlier than suggested by myself, 13.30 to meet up and organise things then off to meet members of public.

I will be setting off at 12.15pm, coming on at J19 heaton park, going towards J18 Bolton, i come off there onto M61 towards preston, if anyone wants to meet for convoy, we can meet up at the 3 arrows next to heaton park on middleton road just before we turn on motorway, or if anyone has a nother place to meet convient for us all, let me know.
On the day if any problems getting there or any other issues, call me on 07707 198 714

Back to the top

Peddersgolf said

Cheers tony :wink:
Here is Postcode and street name for sat nav users: - Bloomfield Road, FY1 6JJ, the car park directly opposite the football club as seen on mp on age 2, avoid the white arrow as mentioned previously :lol:
I would like to meet earlier than suggested by myself, 13.30 to meet up and organise things then off to meet members of public.

I will be setting off at 12.15pm, coming on at J19 heaton park, going towards J18 Bolton, i come off there onto M61 towards preston, if anyone wants to meet for convoy, we can meet up at the 3 arrows next to heaton park on middleton road just before we turn on motorway, or if anyone has a nother place to meet convient for us all, let me know.
On the day if any problems getting there or any other issues, call me on 07707 198 714

i`ll see you there mate

Back to the top

Convoy Blackpool

Thanks Pete
                 I don't have sat nav and am good at getting lost so will bring atlas and buy street map when I get there if I need it. Hopefully I will join convoy at Three Arrows and away we go. See you later. Tony  :wink:

Solid Gold Easy Action

Back to the top
pete i need your email address so i can send you the poster in PDF.

Back to the top

Back to the top
Hi all,
        To let you know the event for collecting and parking ours cars is on PRINCESS PARADE near the north pier, not st. chads Headland.
Novacaine, pm'd you fella
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.