Skip navigation

The search is over ladies an gents i have a mk1!

Back to the top

The search is over ladies an gents i have a mk1!

well done.

car looks like its had a lot of TLC by someone who cares, that engine bay is well clean. Bit more that just spit and polish mind you as top mounts look like they are nearly brand new as well. :D

1988 1.8 carb Golf Clipper

Back to the top
car looks mint matey, good find :y:

1983 Polo CL - daily

1984 Golf G60 Syncro - sold

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1992 Corrado G60 - crushed

1989 Polo C - chopped and crushed

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top
Looks ace!  Well done :D

Banner

Back to the top
to fix the door..

open in get ur hands underneath and keep lifting it up, dont worry about  it snapping off. It won't  :lol:

and keep checking till it lines up

'83 1.5 Gx (picture coming soon)

Back to the top
sorry to de-rail the thread but where can i get an exhaust like the one on this car? for a mk1 cabby clipper 1989.

cheers james

Back to the top
Nice find Alex, looks stunning mate!

Was the cat dead before or after it hit your duck-bill?! :twisted:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
very nice straight example you got there matey with subtle upgrades looking good!!  :wink:

1983 MK1 PIRELLI EDITION

Alpine White LHD ("SOLD")

Back to the top
Hope you enjoy it mate and it was a good drive home.  To put peoples minds at rest, the plastic bag on the roof was to stop the rain getting in whilst I had the sunroof surround taken out and painted as it had some corrosion on it and the yellow wire was from the modified head light loom prior to reconnecting it.  All above board and not masking any 'horrors'.  

Should do you proud for some time to come as I replaced pretty much everything there is to replace!!

Enjoy mate!!

'83 Mars Red GTI

Rolling project!!!

Back to the top

oakesy said

Hope you enjoy it mate and it was a good drive home.  To put peoples minds at rest, the plastic bag on the roof was to stop the rain getting in whilst I had the sunroof surround taken out and painted as it had some corrosion on it and the yellow wire was from the modified head light loom prior to reconnecting it.  All above board and not masking any 'horrors'.  

Should do you proud for some time to come as I replaced pretty much everything there is to replace!!

Enjoy mate!!

mate you have done a stunning job drive home was good except for getting it off your drive haha.

trying to avoid speedbumps now at all cost!

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

was already dead, shame really

Back to the top
Looks sweet dude  :wink:

congratulations !!!

Back to the top
Quality!!  Didn't know what to do with myself today, the sun was out and I was no where near my portercable and polish :D

I may have found myself a van already, not bad going!!

Enjoy!!

'83 Mars Red GTI

Rolling project!!!

Back to the top

alexHxC said

Hairyarse said

was already dead, shame really

It was flapping about in the road, someone had hit it before me and there was a car at the side of the road trying to stop the traffic.  After hitting it I turned the car around further down the road, the cat and car had gone but half my splitter was on the road.  Went past and turned around to pick it up but it had dissapeared??? :dontknow:   Went for the Golf C splitter after that episode…it was always a pain on the speed bumps!!!

'83 Mars Red GTI

Rolling project!!!

Back to the top

oakesy said

Quality!!  Didn't know what to do with myself today, the sun was out and I was no where near my portercable and polish :D

Enjoy!!

can always pop down an polish it if you like haha!

what van you go for in the end?

Back to the top

alexHxC said

oakesy said

Enjoy!!

can always pop down an polish it if you like haha!

what van you go for in the end?

Yeah!
Looking at a Renault Kangoo, hate french cars but it's what i need and in my price range!!

'83 Mars Red GTI

Rolling project!!!

Back to the top
sorted then!

how much u got to spend if u dnt mind me askin

Back to the top
did anyone notice that in pic 2, the rear arch cover that was in pic 1 (and pic 3) has vanished 8O

1983 Golf 1.3 Driver:  

Back to the top
nice car mate looks very tidy i think for a 25 year old motor a dropped door and a piece of wire hanging down aint a problem. shame about the previouse comments i had to check i was on the right website and not bitching.com.   top car mate you must be proud

Back to the top

X said

did anyone notice that in pic 2, the rear arch cover that was in pic 1 (and pic 3) has vanished 8O

yea the pics wer taken by previous owner while bein put back together.

Back to the top

theclash said

nice car mate looks very tidy i think for a 25 year old motor a dropped door and a piece of wire hanging down aint a problem. shame about the previouse comments i had to check i was on the right website and not bitching.com.   top car mate you must be proud

yea i thought that but hey take the good with the bad.

i am mate first mk1 was expecting less but got tonnes more!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.