Skip navigation

my twin 45 weber conversion **PICS**

Back to the top

my twin 45 weber conversion **PICS**

finally finished the last bits tonight on my conversion.
what fun weve had getting this bloody lot on i tell you!
but oh well  worth it in the end aye!

so heres a few pics in order of original stuff coming off and new stuff going on..

enjoy..

My order from demon tweeks!

original stuff ready to come off..

everything off ready for new gear to go on!

rough fitting of inlet manifold with exhaust manifold after a bit of grinding and thinning down

shortend throttle cable housing and home made bracket for bulk head to hold them both in place( both cables are connected to the foot pedal with a 2-1 block )

finally, what uve all been waiting for ( i hope ) - twin 45 dcoe's fixed ad ready for rolling road!

but i aint going no where without my…..

so there you have it. my twin weber conversion.
got a few more stuff to do to it but cant afford much more atm!! haha

will have a rear disk conversion with pics heading up this way sooner or later!
got all the stuff here ready . just finding the time  :(

so what you all think??

93' cab in need of a miracle

Back to the top
The cosworth buttons look a bit tight.  You should be able to get a 20p coin between the two washers otherwise you can get bubbles in the fuel in your float chambers and even snap off the lugs on the body of the carbs.

Smart installation though.

I'd be tempted to luvre the panel above the bulkhead and remove the rain tray is this'll help cooling dramatically.  Remember, for every two degrees C your drop your intake air temp, you gain 1bhp.  Especially when you've got the exhaust manifold imidiately below the carbs.

There is nothing in this world as nice as the induction roar from DCOE's!

Back to the top
arr cheers for that mate!!
i knew i was suposed to have a gap in that spring thingy but wasnt sure how much as they still got a few more turns left in them.
so is 20p the correct gap for them to sit at?

and yeh  ive been thinking about removing the rain try  but again. its just finding the time etc  and im still only young (20) so im always at work etc etc.
im sure u know how it is.

theres still a couple more small bits n bobs to do on it  so i'll make sure i get them loosened up a tad.

thanks for your advice!!

Back to the top
where did you get the manifold body from, as i am doing an identical conversion... :D

Volkswagens With Attitude

Back to the top
i got the whole set up from demon tweeks.

manifold cost about ?150 i think

if you use ur standard exhaust manifold  you will have to grind abit out of the inlet manifold for it to sit in .

thats what i had to do with mine  until i get my 4 branch mani.

Back to the top
how hard is it to do if your cars fuel injected?

Back to the top
8) Mmmmmm!

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
i think its all the same principal if your car is the GTI  ( please correct me if im wrong )
but i read in another thread   your best to go for a megasquirt ecu as ur standard one isnt very good for a twin carb setup?

im not too sure tho  so dont take my word for it.

Back to the top

alexHxC said

how hard is it to do if your cars fuel injected?
unless it's quite a modified engine, don't waiste your money.

Back to the top
Cheers for the info i will speak to demon tweeks, i am using an ashley downpipe and just got my hands on a ported and polished head with larger exhaust valves, just trying to decide what the best cam is to use with this, any suggestions, i am running a 2.0 bottom end from an audi  :D

Back to the top
:)
hi not to sound an idiot but what do you mean buy the 'cosworth buttons'
thanks

Back to the top
i got told by demon tweeks   a 'ultimate road ' piper cam which will add a around 14-15 bhp which will match the set up quite nice…

your best to ring round  and explains what ur after and whats been done to your engine etc then they will help you out..

Back to the top
cosworth buttons…

them little threaded lugs with the spring type washers on them…

Back to the top
alright mate

weber conversion looks really smart,

hope u dont mind me askin… but how much did all your stuff from demon tweeks cost?

cheers
sam

Back to the top
hey sam…  and any one else wondering..

right the stuff i got from demon tweeks cost me ::

235 each carb…

150 manifold

80 ( i think ) for linkage kit  ( proper weber linkage with a pedal block intead of the 2-1 adapter block )

70-80 for facet pump

and 30-40 for filter king.

( i cant remember the exaxt prices on the pump and filter but i know they were around that mark )

all in all with postage n stuff on my order  came to just under 900 i think  and was with me in in 2 working days

Back to the top
whats the best place to locate the facet fuel pump?

Back to the top

very good tune man

and try to change the ignition system for more power .

drive fast cars or die dreaming of it

Back to the top
cheers btw nath for this topic proving alot of help with doing mine at the minute with both sourcing the parts and working where everything goes and waht everything is. top man :)

Back to the top

mk1nath said

i got told by demon tweeks   a 'ultimate road ' piper cam which will add a around 14-15 bhp which will match the set up quite nice…

your best to ring round  and explains what ur after and whats been done to your engine etc then they will help you out..

Just fitted these cams into my 16v it's going on the rolling road so will tell you exact gain(I'm running 48's) :D

Speeding is like masturbation, everyone does it ,but it's not something you should record and put on the internet!! 

Back to the top
awesome man!!
let us all know what ur output is..

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.