Skip navigation

aparently this is a campaign

Back to the top

aparently this is a campaign

paul_c said

I kinda like the car, however at this moment in time I need another Mk1 like a hole in the head!
i agree, and id love to take it but i cant drive it :( im sure he will get top dollar for it mind.

Back to the top
have photoshopped this one too and there is definately not 707 and 750 on there.

i do agree with you, campaign or not it is a nice car.

Back to the top
could you tell me what numbers you can make out please. the more i stare at it the more i swear i can see the messiah.

and does the lack of 707 and 750, catagoricaly make it a none campaign?

Back to the top
does it realy matter weather it is or isnt its mk1 golf in good nick well worth the money :wink:

Back to the top

vw_golf_nutter said

it appears to read:

064? 184 185 430 491
560  568 571 931       

it doesnt matter to most people if its a campaign but if someone is specifically looking for one and it turns out to not be one you could get in trouble for it. It would be better to say mk1 golf gti with campaign extras or something like that.

Maybe have a proper good look at the sticker in the light tommorrow?

Back to the top

wooders said

according to this website it does. this is why im asking if there is any VW documentation about the campaign as im not sure if the info on this site came from someones own researches or from VW themselves.

Back to the top

vw_golf_nutter said

wooders said

according to this website it does. this is why im asking if there is any VW documentation about the campaign as im not sure if the info on this site came from someones own researches or from VW themselves.

Its as good as you're going to get. ETKA is VW's own software and it lists S707 as "Special Sales Campaign". Also in the article there's a letter to dealers. Its VWs documents. The original research was (probably) done by drew, so you'd need to speak to him about his sources.

Back to the top
so if 707 is not on there then its not a campaign is what you are saying. but do still check in the light though, it may be somewhere else on the sticker?

Back to the top
Wooders have you gone soft in your old age??

Because I remember a time when other club members were afraid of the mere mention of the great come king Wooders!!!!!!

vw_golf_nutter should consider yourself let off lightly!!!!!

1983 MK1 PIRELLI EDITION

Alpine White LHD ("SOLD")

Back to the top

vw_golf_nutter said

so if 707 is not on there then its not a campaign is what you are saying.

Yes, that's my view and also the official view of the Mk1 Golf OC, since it was properly researched, published here and subject to peer review with no challenges.

Part of the problem is that "The Campaign Register" historically excluded non-Campaigns, and since there was so little difference between different cars which fell either side of the "Line" created (before they knew about the S707 options code which is the best way to define it), it inevitibly got blurred. For example they also allowed cars which had all the options; and foreign Pirelli edition cars.

Back to the top
707, hasn't John Travolta got one in Qantas colours?

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top

A5OPY said

707, hasn't John Travolta got one in Qantas colours?
LMAO,nothing like a bit of sarcasm to lighten the mood lol

keep on keeping on

Back to the top

wooders said

vw_golf_nutter said

Im not arguing with you honestly, but how can it be a campaign of it does not have an EW chassis? The campaign model gti was the run out edition made from August 1983 which was the change over from DW to EW chassis numbers so it simply cant be a campaign.
It must just be a GTi ordered in Atlas grey (which in itself is very special) but not a run out edition as it is too early.

you know when you shove your tongue over your teeth and push out the area between your bottom lip and chin and make a spazzy/caveman noise? well how do i portray that in text?

absolute quality…

Garage:
83 Mk1 Golf GTi Campaign - Mars Red - Totally Standard
78 Honda Civic 1200 Hondamatic - Silver
07 Honda Civic ES 2.2 CDi - Black, all the options!

Back to the top

manx_GTi said

wooders said

vw_golf_nutter said

Im not arguing with you honestly, but how can it be a campaign of it does not have an EW chassis? The campaign model gti was the run out edition made from August 1983 which was the change over from DW to EW chassis numbers so it simply cant be a campaign.
It must just be a GTi ordered in Atlas grey (which in itself is very special) but not a run out edition as it is too early.

you know when you shove your tongue over your teeth and push out the area between your bottom lip and chin and make a spazzy/caveman noise? well how do i portray that in text?

absolute quality…

i believe what he was looking for was "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEENG"

Back to the top
yeah and that aint me coz i was write HAHA!

so EEEERRRRRRRRR yourself.

Back to the top

vw_golf_nutter said

you know, your attitude is one of the reasons why im debating leaving this website and why ive not paid for membership, i can deal with wooders, his a self proclaimed idiot, but you seem out to cause trouble on purpose… and on the "i didnt know it was his car", your either full of chutney or blind, his email and name is splattered all over the first picture. seriously, try being polite some time and maybe people will be more likely to help when you decide to spray your bonnet with wheel paint next time.

Back to the top
noooooo don't leave we can't afford another rocker to leave we'll be left with the dance nation boys and their strippy jumpers. :mrgreen:

Back to the top

vw_golf_nutter said

write?? how could you be RIGHT, if you didn't know?

Back to the top

Skipback said

vw_golf_nutter said

yeah and that aint me coz i was rite HAHA!

you know, your attitude is one of the reasons why im debating leaving this website and why ive not paid for membership, i can deal with wooders, his a self proclaimed idiot, but you seem out to cause trouble on purpose… and on the "i didnt know it was his car", your either full of chutney or blind, his email and name is splattered all over the first picture. seriously, try being polite some time and maybe people will be more likely to help when you decide to spray your bonnet with wheel paint next time.

Look theres no need to be like that. Im not having an attitude wiv anyone on here. I honestly didnt know it was his car, so yes I must be blind. I dont care whos car it is, i have said countless times, i think its a nice car and was contemplating buying it actually. Alot of people post up ebay links and slate the cars, all i asked was how is it a campaign, i never said the guy was an idiot or the car was sh*t or anything like that.
Its ok for you lot to have a pop at me and make various remarks in my threads but its not ok for me to do it to you lot? The reason I havnt stomped off in a huff so far is because i realise its all a laugh and a joke and tommorrow someone else will be the joke so why cant you do the same?
Lets just let this thread lie. I wasnt trying to be a smart arse and wasnt trying to upset or annoy anyone. I was trying to once and for all learn what is and what isnt a campaign, unfortunately Wooders car was the example.
Lets just move on shall we? No need to leave over it.

Back to the top

Skipback said

vw_golf_nutter said

firstly, i resemble that remark. secondly, i don't think nutty was trying to be spiteful. i certainly don't take it that way. i think it's more of a 40watt bulb thing. so, hang around, learn, teach and have a bit of a giggle.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.