Skip navigation

alloys what work, what dont

Back to the top

alloys what work, what dont

there is alot to be said for standard alloys. a mk1 on 13" standard alloys, still to this day, looks cool.

Back to the top
Remember its not just P slots or 9 spokes which were 'standard'. There's plenty of other VW alloys of the era, which you could seek out and use. For example, there's the flat design alloy which was on the GTI for 1977-1981, Scirocco Storm multispokes, and a bunch of others used on Passats and Audis of the time. All 13" or 14", therefore giving you no worries when it comes to lowering, no rubbing issues etc and a tyre which the suspension was designed to work with.

Back to the top
fair point

Back to the top
I've always been a fan of Azev A's myself, they do seem to look better with a clipper kit than standard bumpers though but stand out on whatever car they're on.

Back to the top
clipper kit on a tin top dear me!

Back to the top

alexHxC said

clipper kit on a tin top dear me!

Yeah, IMO, Awesome's mk1 looks miles better than Big Rons mk1 that was voted car of the year, id maybe change the peach/green colour tho. Each to their own an all that  :lol:

Back to the top
Im rolling 13 x 7 minilites on my gti cabby, they look cool but had alot of trouble making the fronts fit over the brake carriers, had to use 20mm spacers, they stick out a bit but look the buisness

its also lowered 40mm so when i get to road humps its stop, first gear, slowley over and raise the middle finger to the car whos up my a**e trying to get round!

Back to the top

jamo_gti said

Im rolling 13 x 7 minilites on my gti cabby, they look cool but had alot of trouble making the fronts fit over the brake carriers, had to use 20mm spacers, they stick out a bit but look the buisness

its also lowered 40mm so when i get to road humps its stop, first gear, slowley over and raise the middle finger to the car whos up my a**e trying to get round!

haha! got any pics of em?

Back to the top
will try put some up my owd.

Back to the top
pm me when you do mate wud apreciate it

Back to the top
I rather like these summet abit diffrent and dont really see em much on mk1s 8)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4630916270&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Back to the top
yea they do look abit diferent

Back to the top
Get some Le Castellet's (if you can find them) - supreme choice for Mk1. Set of four just went for around ?65 on ebay at the weekend…

1981 Mk1 GLD Golf Cabriolet (sold)

1987 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet

1992 Mk1 Rivage Gti

Back to the top

There 13 x 7jj superlights (minilights) sorry for the delay on the pic!

Back to the top
For a touch of class ,I do not think you can beat these!!

Speeding is like masturbation, everyone does it ,but it's not something you should record and put on the internet!! 

Back to the top

wooders said

there is alot to be said for standard alloys. a mk1 on 13" standard alloys…

Yeah - and in my case it tend to be "These wheels don't fit over my brakes!" lol

Back to the top

Steve_Matthews said

wooders said

there is alot to be said for standard alloys. a mk1 on 13" standard alloys…

Yeah - and in my case it tend to be "These wheels don't fit over my brakes!" lol

You've hit the nail on the head there. The only reason to diverge away from stock wheels, is to accomodate uprated brakes. (IMHO)

Back to the top
steelies/widend steelies..

Back to the top
I think borbet type as would look fat, just be better if you could get um in 14"

Back to the top

look awesome. any idea what width and size they are? looks like they have a bigger dish than normal. didnt realise they went for like ?800 a set though :O
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.