Skip navigation

Boyd Coddington dies at 63

Back to the top

Boyd Coddington dies at 63

American Hotrod star has died, various press releases in USA but none here it seems :dontknow:

The man was a legend

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top
sorry, but haven't heard of him, although hotrod drivers are always awesome anyway, so im sure he wasn't any exception

always sorry to hear someone pass on :(

1983 Golf 1.3 Driver:  

Back to the top
he Has been building Hot rods since he was 13, more recently his company has been on Discovery/turbo "American Hotrod" showing the day to day life of every aspect of the builds, very interesting even though i would never have one its just the skill i admire

Chip foose from Overhaulin used to work for him in the 90`s

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

Back to the top
i think you may struggle to find some one who cares. tried vortex?

Back to the top
i care the guy was a legend in the hot rod world his designs wer amazing. will american hotrod stay on air and at his garage coz his son works ther an his wife and ex wife haha.

Back to the top
Thats sad news, he was a legend! I also thought he looked fit for his age, obviously not.

Real shame….

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
seems i'm mistaken. well i suppose i have to be wrong now and then.

sados

Back to the top
real shame but means the owners of his motors will be able to sell it for alot more now. he lost it towards the end which i think he regretted as he wasn't really working on cars anymore. his name will live on in the awsome cars he designed and built that full aluminium car with no paint was amazing.

Back to the top
i watch that show all the time, first to go was roy the sheet metal worker and now boyd they are both legends , :cry:

Back to the top
aww that sucks!!! didnt hear anything about it!!!!! thoughts are with his wife n family!! x

Weber,ATS,Apex,Ripspeed,Supersprint,K&N MOMO..tbc

Back to the top
iv never heared of the guy!!!

mk1 golf gti in porsche ocen blue and polished porsche 7slots

Back to the top
World class car builders dont come along too often, maybe some people should look up from their computer every now and then :lol:

watch an episode of American Hotrod and see it all happening, the design and build is amazing to watch, ok some of the employees are "tools" but the engineering is excelent

Back to the top

Topoftherange said

ok some of the employees are "tools" but the engineering is excelent

Totally! I never forget first watching it, marvelling at their welding skills to start with but when they then skim filler around the welds on chassis so the weld looks completely smooth - now that's attention to detail 8O

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
the work that is put in by people who will never see this car agian is amazing just don't mention american choppers :banghead:  :banghead:

still i'd love to drive one of those cars the mustang they did was amazing not to mention the chopped ford pickup mmmmmmmmm

Back to the top

mk1ash said

i watch that show all the time, first to go was roy the sheet metal worker and now boyd they are both legends , :cry:

What roys dead??!!

gutted. He was one funny old guy. Used to fall asleep halfway way through weldin!

1983 1.5 GX FOR SALE! pm for details.

Back to the top
Gutted…

Good bloke, built some cool cars, but what a bad taste in shirts  8O

Back to the top
Sad news he is a legend, but it seemed to me he put too much pressure on his workers who in the end left to work with Foose!!

But truly a amazing man!

1983 MK1 PIRELLI EDITION

Alpine White LHD ("SOLD")

Back to the top
roy died some time ago i seen it on one of the episodes . that man could make anythink out of sheet metal.

Back to the top
what about good metal?

Back to the top

wooders said

what about good metal?
:lol:

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.