Skip navigation

Golf GTI insurance for an 18 year old?

Back to the top

Golf GTI insurance for an 18 year old?

Ive found Bell.co.uk to be the cheapest. when i was insuring my last golf, came in about 60 quid cheaper than elephant and admiral. also (as previously mentioned) I've found adding someone with more driving experience as a named driver makes the quote noticeably cheaper. Finally when i was 17 I was insured with an insurance brokers called 'Victor C Knight' who insured me for ?1000 on a little Peugeot, so they might still be good choice for younger drivers.

Hope this helps :)

Back to the top
youre gunna get stung for insurance no matter what! as a learner insurance is cheaper than when you first pass your test! all depends how deep your pockets are realli

Back to the top
my misses is having lessons, looking at cars at the mo

at 17, with a provisional licence, on a 1.6gti mk1, ?900 with bell!

its crazy cheap!

Back to the top
i used to pay bang on 2k for my old '83 c, and that was on a limited mileage policy!, just sorted out the insurance on my new 1, 1983 golf gx, upgraded 1.8 carb engine-337.65 for the year, very happy.  :D

1991 Diamond silver 1800 16v Corrado 'Betty'

Gone, but not forgotten;

1985 Lemon yellow Polo coupe S

1983 Gambia red Golf C

1983 Diamond silver Golf GX

1981 Mars red Golf GTI

Back to the top
WTF!! I'm 40, got a 1.8 gti,  it's my first car as I only passed my test 4 months ago but I'm paying ?1750 and that was half as much as every other quote I got after I'd spent weeks looking.  :cry:

Back to the top
it all comes to your no clams discount mate.
top notch choice for a first car though!  :D

1991 Diamond silver 1800 16v Corrado 'Betty'

Gone, but not forgotten;

1985 Lemon yellow Polo coupe S

1983 Gambia red Golf C

1983 Diamond silver Golf GX

1981 Mars red Golf GTI

Back to the top
is there any classic insurers that insure young drivers as they all seem to be 25 yrs or older. Iam 19 by the way looking to start my own policy on my 1800 mk1 gti. cheapest i have found is 2300 with swinton and i have an sp30.

cheers, adam

Back to the top
FLEXI BELL!!! when i was 18 same situation as you they insured me half the price of other places ?900.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.