Skip navigation

1.5 auto - 1.6d -1.9td

Back to the top

1.5 auto - 1.6d -1.9td

Yeah but a Mk3 is way heavier than a Mk1.

Back to the top
yes it is and the guy said that the mk3 estate was quick so the mk1 should be quick too  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

hello!

Back to the top

rov716y said

yes it is and the guy said that the mk3 estate was quick so the mk1 should be quick too  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Don't choose your gearbox based on "The seller saying its quick" though - do a bit of proper research. Basically, if you increase the power and heep the ratios the same, you're okay. If you increase power and lower the ratios too, you're more into performance for the sake of it. You need to balance things out a bit.

Back to the top
like i said before its in now so if i dont get on with it i will change when i take the engine back out for bigger turbo, intercooler, paint and claen up and a bit of tunning of pump and boost, but till then will just bolt up some 100mm driveshafts when i get some.

she is all poly bushed up too now (apart from arb's) i didnt put the poly bushes on the steering rack i didnt see the piont tbh

hello!

Back to the top
Glad it runs bert,im off to ebay now to buy loads of studio one vinyl  :wink:
bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
this is the conversion i am really wanting to do, i've got a 1.0 1983 van! any chance of a quick list of parts im gonna need from donor car, and also what else i'll need to source, and what bits if any i'll have to fabricate/make, i work at vw i'm no mechanic, but hopefully one will help me, and they know the engine pretty well which should be a big bonus! thanks in advance for your help! get some pics up i wat to see this beast! chris

Back to the top
i can help with pics chris  :wink:

and a snack to keep me going  :mrgreen:

Bert

Back to the top
what engine did the  one in those pics have originally? did you do it your self then? chris

Back to the top
origionally a 1.6D

Bert

Back to the top
can you pretty please make a quick note of what i'll need to fabricate and what to do with engine mounts i.e. will it fit straight in, and driveshafts! what do i use? oh and also gear linkages?! obviously going from 4 speed to 5 speed something must need played with! chris

Back to the top
after a chat over phone with bert i am going to drop the gti box and put mine in. savbe any messing!  

i had sorted out some mk2 gti driveshafts but i think this is the best plan

hello!

Back to the top
just been out and swaped the boxes over started to get a bit tired so i left it for tonight should have it in and finished by sat night so will take pics etc then.

the fly wheel fits in the box fine like you said it would paul_c  just had trouble linning the spline up but like i said started to get tired which was making it an impossible task so i left it for now.

the aaz radiator wont fir in the mk1, i am currently using a top fill series one rad(no header/ expansion tank) will this be up to the job or am i better of putting a mk1 gti one on with header tank?

to answer you question chris, if its a small block mk1 you have i beleive you will need to cut the drivers side mount off and re weld in the right place for the big block engine. the tank will need changing and the guel lines will need to be replaced with ones with a larger internal diameter (thats what i've done) to allow enough fuel through

i think you best bet would be to find a scraped mk1 diesel and take what you need of that all the mounts on the aaz need to be swaped with big block mounts, your 1.1 mounts wont be up to the job so poly one might be an option here (just front and back). every thing else should be the same

hello!

Back to the top
bert,ive been under shelby and the box is DFW 90mm cv's no idea what the box is out of,the mk3 TD box ive got spare is CHD 100mm cv's same as yours,whats the code of the box your using now?im going to look at the mk2 jetta TD tomorrow see what code that one is  :?
Bert

Back to the top
Don't forget the 16V box has a 24mm input shaft, the other gearboxes have a 22mm one. so the friction plate will be different! But the material is the same, its just the inside spline…

Back to the top
do u still need the shafts rov?

Mk1 Jetta (Jessie) build thread here
 View topic: Jessie the mk1 jetta (pd conversion) lots of pics!! - The Mk1 Golf Owners Club

T25 westfalia camper, 2.2 Subaru powered

vw touran   1.9 tdi remap, Bbs rep wheels , lowered, bla bla bla……… Wife's car
2013 Vw amarok 2.0bitdi, work truck…….  www.jsgarageaberystwyth.co.uk  

Back to the top

jamiegolf said

say yes as im on commision :lol:  :lol:

diesel power is the way to go

Back to the top

bens_cab said

jamiegolf said

COMMISSION!!!!!! listen to you big head!!!

Mk1 Jetta (Jessie) build thread here
 View topic: Jessie the mk1 jetta (pd conversion) lots of pics!! - The Mk1 Golf Owners Club

T25 westfalia camper, 2.2 Subaru powered

vw touran   1.9 tdi remap, Bbs rep wheels , lowered, bla bla bla……… Wife's car
2013 Vw amarok 2.0bitdi, work truck…….  www.jsgarageaberystwyth.co.uk  

Back to the top

jamiegolf said

bens_cab said

jamiegolf said

COMMISSION!!!!!! listen to you big head!!!

:mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
excellent thanks for the help!! what about drive shafts? which do i use? are my 1.0 ones going to be up to the job? and also gear linkage? as im running 4 speed! thanks in advance, cant wait to get mine sorted!! chris

Back to the top
rov glad the TD drives well,heres my master/servo

check out the earth lead mercedes 308D

and alloy pipe fittings rather than plastic mk3 ones  :x

boost  :twisted:

Bert

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.