Skip navigation

My Mk1 Golf 16v - 56k Beware.

Back to the top

My Mk1 Golf 16v - 56k Beware.

nice car man, looks lush, and i agree, nothin wrong with 205s ive just sold mine after 2 years and wud kick mk1 behind all day long, ive noticed alot more people look at u and give u more respect in a golf tho :dontknow:

Back to the top

Nick205 said

The Ronals are sold…there on a Corsa now  :lol:  :lol:

theyre not on a black corsa C are they? saw one in dunstable bedforshire! they suite it grudgingly, hate corsas!!

Weber,ATS,Apex,Ripspeed,Supersprint,K&N MOMO..tbc

Back to the top
Yes mate they are!!  :lol:

Started stripping it back down today should have the ABF in by Saturday….

Back to the top
wot u doin with that engine? ^^^^^^

Back to the top
Binning it mate, by the time i take all my goodied off it all that will be left is the head and block.  :|

Back to the top
Finally got the beast back on the road, its now running a 2.0 16v ABF on KJet and as of today has 12 months MOT!!! Well chuffed cos it saves me driving the GF's Saxo  :banghead:

Back to the top
did you have to make the worlds biggest shoe horn to get that mother plucker in there?? what made you change the ronals??

Weber,ATS,Apex,Ripspeed,Supersprint,K&N MOMO..tbc

Back to the top
looks pukka mate.

wish i had my 16v in and working.

Back to the top
Changed the ronals as the 165/50/15 Stretch tyres couldn't keep traction and it got slightly dangerous in the wet  8O It's not as tight a fit as you'd imagine!  8)

Back to the top
The car looks fantastic mate, great job on the engine and I love the colour too.

Not sure I would chosen to change the wheels though, 165 is on the narrow side but couldn't you just get wider rubber?

Tian :y:

Back to the top
I did like the ronals but they were starting to get lacquer peel so flogged them to my mate before i needed to refurb them.....

Back to the top

Back to the top
Areet mate, just a quick question, what brakes are you running behind your new wheels? It's just i bought a very similar type of wheel like a year ago and so far haven't found the right brakes to fit behind them! The car is an early one, '78, so it has the excessively wide callipers on it! Mine are ET6, and have got a bit less of a dish, they are starmags (mini style), are yours the same size e.c.t? And did you use spacers, cos i don't really wanna use em if i can help it!

Any help would be appreciated, cheers dude  :D  :D

'78 Golf LS 20vt

‘08 Mk5 Edition 30 DSG

Back to the top
I'm using 256mm 16v brakes with 20mm spacers.

Cheers

Back to the top

Back to the top
nice hoops and chrome mate,lovin the bus  8)

Back to the top
Its mint mate, just as i like em with some great touches and minimal styling, quality.

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
Pic from E38….

Back to the top

Back to the top
thats awesome are they 14's? or 15's?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.