Skip navigation

My Mk1 Golf 16v - 56k Beware.

Back to the top

My Mk1 Golf 16v - 56k Beware.

Hi, been on here a bit and thought i'd show you all what i've been upto…

The beginning - Bought the car like this a few months back.

After the purchase of some Ronal T's.

Then some Coilovers…

The original 16v was a bit ropey to say the least so work started on the spare 16v which was rebvuilt from the ground up with reworked head and ported inlet and outlets.

The gearbox was pretty good no crunching etc so seals were replaces and Diff bolts etc. Then it was Etch primed and sprayed silver.

Started to put the engine back together and got some bits back from powder coating.

Got the old engine out the car and gave it a good ol' clean.

Then under the bonnet was done.

Started to get things back together and put into the car.

Then my Manifold came through the post.

Then skip a few bits and its all done!!

Back to the top
You have done a fantastic job there fella, standard of the
work looks excellent!,  8)

Dibbler.

Golf MK1 GLi Golf MK2 GTi Golf MK3 GTi Galaxy 2.3 Ghia X Seat Inca 1.9 Diesel Tomorrow is almost over, today went by so fast The only thing to look forward too is the past.

Back to the top
Looks good mate...

Back to the top
top job looks great….you gonna put the spare wheel well back  :wink:

Back to the top
Cracking job mate, looks fantastic! 8)

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Someone's been busy…

Lovin your work  :y:

Back to the top

MalC said

DO you know the car like….?

Back to the top

Nick205 said

MalC said

DO you know the car like….?

Yeah seen it before a while back prob before you got it

Back to the top
Excellent job mate. how about giving us a run down on the wiring harness to the engine, fusebox etc pictures would be good too.
Also why have you headed it '56K beware' or have I missed the plot here
cheers

Back to the top
very nice, is the new set up working fine (just curious) after the transplant?

i think with keeping the single headlamps, but adding the red trim will give it a nice finishing touch. what do you think?

simone

Back to the top
I've just bought a single lamp chrome grill and chome sidetrim off Egay so should be here soon…as for the wiring…i can pass on my uncles number if you'd like as he done the majority of the work. It's just running mk2 16v wiring loom and fusebox. the wiring was shortened and tidied up to look factory fit in the mk1 bay. It runs fine, surprisingly actually as was expecting a few hicups. The only fault i can find is that because im running an 8v clutch and gearbox i feel the clutch is struggling a bit if you give it a hard launch.

:)

Back to the top
The 16V mk2 Clutch is exactly the same as the mk1 GTI, apart from the Pressure plate which is supposidly better.

Saying that, mines the same as yours  :lol:

Mk1 Golf 16V Conversion FAQ Zip, now located at in the Forum WIKI section: http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=cedi&type=misc&id=42%2F26%2F3

Back to the top
Yeah it's alright after 3rd but trying to get the power down in 1st & 2nd is a bit hard and the clutch feels like its dragging……

:D

Back to the top
I'd be interested to talk to him. Is that the 'supersprint' manifold?

Back to the top
It's a Supersprint copy (Ebay Raceland/Hottuning) I'll give him a bell and see if he minds as he's quite a private bloke but hes excellent at what he does. He's in the middle of this atm for my dad….it a Mk2 but the quality of what he's doing is 2nd to none.

Back to the top
How good a fit is it, does it miss the rack ok and what sort of quality? PM me with his number if ok

cheers

Back to the top
Fitted ok just needed to buy the Supersprint linkpipe from Tuningwerkes and the headers were slightly out where they bolt to the head but only by 2-3mm so bent them a tad in the vice to straighten them up. I must admit it sounds awesome at 4k+, even the missus likes it

Back to the top
A few more pics now it's all done….

And got the Leather in, went in easy no adjusting brackets or anything as it's out of an Audi Coupe….

Back to the top
Nice seats mate, what year of Audi are they out of? Also can you get any pics of that manifold fitted in the bay, especially interested in clearance to rack and ARB.

cheers

Back to the top
Well my grille turned up today…get it on at the weekend before pod i thinks. Ill gert pics of the exhaust etc while im fitting this at the weekend.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.