Skip navigation

job new job for me

Back to the top

job new job for me

seems as theres a lil person on the way, the small amount i earn each month being self employed isnt really enough, so i went and got me a new job! Im working for a company called CPP (card protection plan) in york. they work for ALL but one of the banks (when you  get a new bank card thru the post and you have to phone up to activate it you speak to us!) and most of the credit companies (including the phone companies) providing card protection and identity protection.

the money is ok but theyre constantly offering incentives like holidays to egypt and new cars (the last 1 was a pair of VW Fox's). not forgetting some days you get a bottle of beer per sale! The bouns is amazing too! ?400-2000 a month!

going to use my salary (?1000 p/m) to pay the bills and save my bonus up to buy special treats for me (a mk1)! whoops I mean save it for the baby!  :roll:

Back to the top
Good luck with the new job, bet it will be odd not being your own boss any more?! :lol:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Fair play mate

Hope all goes well for you

Back to the top
yeah! im still doing the designing but its only overflow work for a marketing and pr company now rather than my own clients!

oh forgot to mention, next time any of you phone to register your card, listen to what the person on the other end offers you! its an amazing package!!

Back to the top
so this is wat real work is all about then:

another hard day at the office!  :wink:

Back to the top
oh no he has access to all our credit files!!! :lol:

Back to the top
my gf works for mbna in the actdivation department and she doesnt really like it any more!!!!

mk1 golf gti in porsche ocen blue and polished porsche 7slots

Back to the top
So what you got planned for her then!!! :lol:  Sorry just had to!

Back to the top

Dannyd said

oh no he has access to all our credit files!!! :lol:

yes, yes i do! hehe! :wink:

Back to the top
i have access to millions of files too :D

1983 Polo CL - daily

1984 Golf G60 Syncro - sold

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1992 Corrado G60 - crushed

1989 Polo C - chopped and crushed

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top
fun isnt it! hehehe! i just like reading thru files marked as "CONFIDENTIAL"! all the things Ive learnt and cant tell you about! hehe! :lol:

Back to the top
But do you have to ring peole and say "Im George Agdagdagwengo calling from your bank" in a strong Nigerian accent :lol:

It is totally innocent sir, totally inocent :D

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top

Topoftherange said

But do you have to ring peole and say "Im George Agdagdagwengo calling from your bank" in a strong Nigerian accent :lol:

It is totally innocent sir, totally inocent :D

…give me your bank details and we'll transfer the monies!!! :lol:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
i just have to wait for people to phone and put on my best indian accent! :wink:

Back to the top
Oh god your one of those poor people who have to try and sell CPP to uninterested new card holders! jesus your brave!

Garage:
83 Mk1 Golf GTi Campaign - Mars Red - Totally Standard
78 Honda Civic 1200 Hondamatic - Silver
07 Honda Civic ES 2.2 CDi - Black, all the options!

Back to the top
cpp? as in card protection insurance?

i'm the one that has to deal with the complaints when people mis sell it!

1983 Polo CL - daily

1984 Golf G60 Syncro - sold

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1992 Corrado G60 - crushed

1989 Polo C - chopped and crushed

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top

bigdave said

i just have to wait for people to phone and put on my best indian accent! :wink:

"You wanting the upgradings from your current service providings and you get a free ring ding" :lol:

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top
CPP has moved on from just card protection. just about every bank and credit company (except hsbc) uses us for their card and identity protection, they just re-brand it! its very unlikely that if you work for a bank you will ever have anything to do with customers that buy/cancel our products as its all delt with in house or by the fsa. we cant "mis sell" products because we are heavily regulated by the fsa (financial services authority) who wold close the company down if we broke their regs! the only time we will contact a credit provider is if fraud has taken place or if a card activation fails security! so ner ner! :lol:

Back to the top

Yradave says relax.

Back to the top
1st off that was written 2 years ago, secondly payment protection and credit card protection are 2 very different things! PPI is a rip off as they write in millions of clauses to stop you claming when you fall ill. credit card protection is insurance to help stop and then clean up the mess when some little scroat steals your wallet and decides they want t o go on a spending spree!

Say youre on holliday in Barcelona your bags goes missing from your hotel room on the 3 day. you now have no money, no passport no plane tickets to get home. the hotel are gunna want paying before you leave, youre going to need emergency passports (which cost money) for you and your family from the british embassy in madrid. how do you prove to the embassy that you are who you say you are when youve got no documents? more importantly how do you get to madrid from barcelona with no money?

thats where cpp comes in, we will have ?3000 emergency loan sent to you where ever you are in the world, give you more money for travel to the british embassy and communication costs. we will stop all of your cards and have new ones issued, give you ?200 towards the cost of the new passports and driving licences, we will replace your pre-booked travel tickets to get you home, replace any cash that was stolen from your wallet. once we have done all of that, we also cover you upto ?100,000 legal liability insurance with your creditors.

youre right we sound like such a bunch of baddies!!  :wink:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.