Skip navigation

Midlands Festival of Transport, Easter Sunday 23rd March

Back to the top

Midlands Festival of Transport, Easter Sunday 23rd March

axelf said

Hi, might have to back out I'm afraid, Hubby needs to sort out brakes this afternoon, only just found time to do them :roll:  :roll:
If we don't make it, have a nice day everyone and hope to meet up soon

Hope your huby manages to sort the brakes out Claire, got my fingers crossed for you  :wink: . If you cant make it, there's plenty of other shows throughout the year, keep an eye on the National and Regional meets for information  :mrgreen: .

I'm taking along a kettle/water and little cooking ring with tea, coffee, milk and sugar so anyone who fancies a brew bring a mug with you  :y:

Back to the top

paul_c said

Bump for a show the day after tomorrow - get polishing your cars!

Mine doesn't look any different when I do polish it so i'm not going to bother!  :D

Lots of rust!

Back to the top

GAMMYGOLFGTI said

paul_c said

Anyone able to give me reliable directions for the Truck Stop at Prees, and suggest a time to meet? Otherwise we could all just go our own way and meet at the show itself?

Come down the A41 from Chester till you get to the Whitchurch bypass, turn right at the roundabout (signposted A41/A49 Shrewsbury),  next roundabout go straight over, next roundabout take the 3rd exit next roundabout turn right onto a dual carriageway, follow the dul carriageway for about a mile till you come to a roundabout, take the 3rd exit and you'll see the two truckstop cafes in front of you and a big car park  :y: .

If I have to, I'll come up to Whitchurch and guide you there, though pretty sure Justin/Scuba will show you  :)

There will be no Snow/hail in Shropshire on Sunday, hopefull of a dry day, though I'm in possesion of a purple  8O  3m pop up canopy just in case  :lol:

Having looked on a map, the Prees Truck Stop is a little out of the way for both Wrexham and Chester. I'm going to suggest an alternative meeting point, the junction between A525 and A41. Its also where the  canal crosses the road.

Back to the top

Since the showground opens at 10am and it takes around an hour from here, I'll suggest 8:45-9:00am?

Back to the top
dont forget wellies boys its going to be 5 inches of snow according to the news  :?
bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top

Bert said

dont forget wellies boys its going to be 5 inches of snow according to the news  :?
bert

I'm glad you're joking (you are joking, right???) I've just checked the local weather forecast, its due to snow through the evening but it will stop snowing at 9am and will be partly cloudy through the day (no hail or snow).

Back to the top
Have a good day out..  :)

Banner

Back to the top
went to clean my car erlier an it jus chucked it down! bugger

Back to the top

alexHxC said

Managed to do mine in between hailstorms. Just went out to fill up with petrol, had to deice it and scrape snow off it though. Isn't Easter great!

Back to the top

paul_c said

alexHxC said

Managed to do mine in between hailstorms. Just went out to fill up with petrol, had to deice it and scrape snow off it though. Isn't Easter great!

its fantastic haha

i managed to get out after it stopped decided to stop at half 7 coz i couldnt see!

soo its half done! early 1 2mz then! any1 takin summat with em to wipe it over?

Back to the top
Just got back in, been waterproofing the purple gazeebo, not that it's going to rain or anything….weather suggests dry day on the whole  :wink: . Also been putting together a few photos of mk1's and meets, haven't looked at mine in 3 days  8O , quick wash in the morning and load it up and off to Weston Park.

As far as I know it's the same as every other year, enter Weston Park through the main entrance off the A5 (for you Paul, come down the A41 till you get to the roundabout with the A5, then turn left onto the A5…Weston Park is on the right about 1/2 mile down), then have your entry pass (big green card) ready to show to the stewards (there should be 2 or 3 lanes, one of those is for cars that are on show, the others are for public car parks….stewards should point you in the right direction  :y:

Bring a mug, so you can have a brew with my new kettle  :mrgreen: .

Any problems my phone number is.. 07968 650286

Back to the top

paul_c said

Sounds good to me, (and toemk2cabbie) see you there

Back to the top
Crikey it ended up being very cold!

Only took one pic too! Good turn out though, just a pitty we were just on the outskirts of the show.

Back to the top
Yep, good show, good turnout too by the Mk1 Golf OC, so I think we did us proud. I noticed a lot of interest in my car, much to the distain of Gammygolf and DaveM whom I was parked between! It was a biggish show and lots to see. Some of the older vehicles are completely bonkers! Not as crazy as those guys who brough their aero engines along and started them up in the display area though! (Videos to follow). Anyway, here's my pics, a good variety of other makes/models too but only a small percentage of what was there, there were loads of cars! It was nippy too, the traders were saying it would have been busier still, had the weather been better.

Back to the top
Here's the videos. the first is a radial engine. The second is a Merlin (Spitfire) engine, at about half power.

Many thanks to GammyGolfGTI for suggesting and taking on the co-ordination for this show!

Back to the top
Great photo's…. get warmed up by the fire tonight  :lol:

Banner

Back to the top

daz1971 said

Great photo's…. get warmed up by the fire tonight  :lol:

Not kidding, my cheeks haven't stopped glowing since I got home, this was Dubfreeze  8O

Good turnout, nice to see so many new faces, Noony's mk1 was a real bargain at ?200 with only one previous owner, Rob's wide wheels look slick, Alex's K9 plums, Dave….in awe of his mk1, Campwitte really tidy & immaclate interior, Jonnymk1 and Toemk1cabbie beautiful cabbies, but not the weater today to show off the interiors, Ans4r love his leather interior, but PaulC's Scirroco Storm…..could have parked it another 100 feet behind and it still would have had people walking over to it  :dontknow:  :lol:

That video of the Merlin really doesnt do it justice, I reckon you could have heard it 2 miles away.

Some really nice classic and modernish cars there today, funny to see the bay on Volkstorque stand with the Tesco Value paint job  :)

Back to the top
this was my first show with the car pretty good. chatted with a few guys got saved on the way ther by campwitte (cheers mate)

the jap crap guys im told liked my car haha but they spent most of ther time revving a r34 GTR.

lots of cracking cars there… and alot of not so good ones!

heres a few pics tho

looking forward to the next big meet

Back to the top
disaster struck me early on sunday morning!!!
setting off windscreen wipers going the drivers side one stayed in the vertical position :cry:  after much ferreting around in my iso container i managed to find a spare wiper motor as the splines on stub shafts from the motor had worn off. by the time i fitted the new one it was too late to get down :cry:
sorry guys it looked like a good show. will see you all next weekend! :lol:

1980 GTI Black - Mint
1983 GTI Black - Daily Driver

Back to the top
it was a good day :wink:

my pics

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.